Thursday, January 7, 2010

It Cometh!

I spent most of my day today staring, glaring, reading, researching, gawking and browsing Weather.Com. I was keeping a CLOSE eye on this bad boy. They're predicting 3-4 inches today and an additional 5-8 tomorrow. OH COME ON!


You know why I'm annoyed? Because I ordered really good tires online (only available by ordering) and they arrived yesterday. I made an appointment this morning to have them mounted on Friday. Unfortunately I had to put it off until tomorrow because I work until 5:00 which is when the place closes. BAH! I planned to drop the car off tonight and leave my keys with them (leaving work at 4:00 so I can make it there by 5:00). They will mount, balance and align them sometime tomorrow and call me when they're done. I'm sure you see my dilemma here. This leaves me with two annoying options.

Option A --- Have poor Nick wake up an hour earlier, drive PAST his place of employment and bring me to work, drive back to work (probably arriving late), come out of his way again after work to pick me back up and drive us home. All the while hoping that we don't actually get a combined total of possibly 10" of snow "as predicted" and get stranded somewhere.

Option B --- Just use a vacation day and not go in to work on Friday and pick my car up over the weekend after the snow storm passes. I'm trying to talk Nick into taking the day off too if it's bad. We're expecting 4" overnight and more HEAVY snow should hit us by noon tomorrow with an additional 5-8". I could just vomit at the thought of having to be out in it!

Hmmm. Yeah, I think I'm liking option "B" MUCH better but we will see how it all pans out. Weather forecasts are notorious for being COMPLETELY WRONG around here on a regular basis. Then again, that radar looks INSANE!

Breakfast today was a heart warming bowl of the usual.
  • 1/2 Irish oats
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • dash salt
  • lots of cinnamon
  • Splenda to taste
  • 1 banana sliced
  • 1 tbs cherry preserves (Ann was kind enough to share a bit)


Breakfast was enjoyed with a large cup of coffee and water bottle #1. Still doing GREAT on upping the water intake. YAY!

Lunch was AAAH-MAY-ZING! I shared with Ann which had her very excited. We had leftover TunaCado (I love the name I gave it!!!) from last night on Ezekiel buns. I also made us a side salad with (sweet butter lettuce + tomato + spray butter). Lunch was perfect in every way. I was jam packed with healthy grains/carbs, veggies and TONS of protein.


By 1:30 we decided that it was just too late to leave the office for a break. SO SAD! The afternoon just sort of got away from us. Not to mention I was still 100% focused and consumed with WEATHER WATCH! The blue blob of "white death" was getting closer with each passing minute! Our reunion now seemed unavoidable!


I never had my afternoon snack today because as soon as 4:00 hit I hesitantly crawled into my car and started the long drive home. It was already snowing and getting SUPER slick and crappy out. UGGHHH! Nick met me at the house and we followed each other to the shop to drop my car off. It was so horrible! I was giddy with joy by the time we finally made it back home! I dove into my pajamas and decided to brew some delicious macadamia coffee.


Which I enjoyed with sugar free caramel syrup and fat free cream.


SO GOOD!


And then I started on dinner. I was craving Mexican and I knew just what to make! As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program (which I am a part of), I received two jars of Pace Picante Sauce to sample.


In case you're not familiar with Foodbuzz, check them out. It's a great community of food lovers and bloggers and I have been a featured publisher with them for a few months now. I've met a bunch of wonderful foodies and found some fantastic recipes as well. ;)

Dinner: (Smothered Turkey & Bean Burritos)

Filling
  • 1 lb 97% lean ground turkey
  • 1 yellow onion, chopped fine
  • 2 green onions, chopped fine
  • 1/2 cup fat free refried beans
  • 1/4 cup black beans (rinsed & drained)
  • 2 tbs Taco Seasoning mix
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • dash dried cilantro
  • dash cayenne
  • dash red pepper flakes
  • salt & pepper to taste
Sautee the yellow and green onions for a few minutes, add the ground turkey and cook thoroughly until browned.


Add all other ingredients and cook for an additional 10 minutes to insure that the flavors blend together.


I made 4 stuffed to the brim burrito wraps out of this mixture. I used two regular corn tortillas for Nick and two LaTortilla Wheat tortillas for me. I added the burrito wraps into my square 9x9 baking dish (which was already sprayed with Pam).


I topped them with the entire jar of Pace Picante sauce, fat free cheese for me and Mexican cheese blend for Nick. I popped them into a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Oh they smelled good! We each had one for dinner. They were massive which means leftovers. I LOVE leftovers!

I topped mine with fat free sour cream, fresh green onions, green and red hot sauce and fresh cracked black pepper. DROOL!!


It was amazing. I'm looking forward to the leftovers already!

Nick is now busy setting up a new game he purchased last weekend on the dining room table. It's called Puerto Rico and it looks VERY involved. Time to go bond with my Inner Nerd. Have a great night everyone!

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com