Thursday, December 31, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Another year gone in a flash. Seems like this one just flew by doesn't it? Probably because it was such a wonderful one. I can't say I wouldn't change anything if I could go back in time but I would only change a few things... For the most part I'm overjoyed and happy with the way things have turned out.

Everyone I care about is healthy, happy, employed, safe and secure. I feel loved each every single day by the people that I surround myself with. They love me for who I am, as I am. I finally feel like I can stop conforming to what people want me to be and put myself first. I'm an obsessive people pleaser so this is a huge deal for me. Something about this past year made me realize that I deserve more and I'm taking it, damn it! GIMME GIMME!

I'm healthier than I have been in probably two years and feeling fantastic about my choices. I'm active and I'm eating right to better myself from my core to the very tip of tippy toes. The lovely bonus of my new lifestyle is that my ass is shrinking nicely with each passing day. HA! Work is picking up again and the projected outlook for next year is looking excellent. The stress of work woes and constant worry is almost completely diminished now. Security is one of my favorite blankets to wrap up with and as of this very moment, I'm wrapped snug in it from head to toe.

This past year just puts a smile on my face when I think about it. Am I lucky? You bet your sweet ass I am.

I indulged in a decadent breakfast this morning while I contemplated over my brilliant year. This may have been the BEST bowl of oatmeal I have ever eaten in my ENTIRE LIFE! Yeah, it was THAT serious!
  • 1/2 cup Irish Oats
  • 1 cup original Almond Breeze
  • dash cinnamon
  • 2 Splenda packets
  • 1 banana, sliced
  • 2 tbs sweetened coconut flakes
  • 1/4 cup frozen blueberries (stirred in last)
  • 1 tbs chocolate peanut butter


OHHH, SOOOO GOOOOOD! Ladies and gentlemen, I licked the bowl clean. No, seriously I licked it! HA! It was enjoyed with a cup of Macadamia coffee, of course.


After breakfast I spent a solid fabulous hour rotting on the couch with Mr. Oliver, cup #2 of Macadamia flavored coffee and watched HGTV. I love House Hunters. I ADMIT IT! I DON'T EVEN CARE! ;)

Nick was at work of course, which was the only reason I was able to sneak some Ildie TV time in. He HATES HGTV. HATES IT! He wouldn't be working a full day today though, which was nice. I think he was aiming to be home by 2:00 or so.

For a simple lunch I made a quick black bean burger using a Morning Star Farms patty on an Ezekiel bun with sweet butter lettuce, sharp mustard and pepperjack cheese. On the side I had bread & butter pickles and garlic-herb Melba crackers. Lunch was so dang delicious!


I was feeling so LAZY all afternoon. When 1:30 pm rolled around I was still on the couch in my pajamas. I just kept flipping back and forth between HGTV and the Food Network as if in a trance. SO BAD! I decided to finally peel myself off the couch at about 2:00 and took a bath and got ready for later. The plan was to go bowling at about 5:00 for a few hours with Nick's family and "possibly" a friend. After bowling the plans are sort of unsure. Everyone is either coming back to our place or to his Aunt's house to ring in the New Year. Most of our friends already had plans out of town this year and Ann and her boyfriend decided to stay in tonight. We were spending New Years with Nick's family this year instead. :)

Nick is home now and we are running to the store before bowling so I have to run. ENJOY YOUR NEW YEARS EVERYONE! I will recap this evening for you tomorrow.

:)
XOXOXOX!!!

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com