Monday, February 15, 2010

Chicken Hater

Slow, forever dragging, stupid Mondays. You bother bother me! This past weekend flew by way too fast and I was not ready to deal with grownup reality this morning. The office felt like a frozen morgue again. As is typical for Mondays in our building. I should bring a fluffy blanket or a robe to work and wrap myself up in it while I type away at my desk. I wonder if they would get the hint? Would they even notice?

Moving on.....

BREAKFAST (meal #1) at 9:00am.

A steamy bowl of the good stuff, naturally.
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/4 cup wheat bran
  • 1 1/2 cup water
  • tons of cinnamon
  • dash apple pie spice
  • dash sea salt
  • Splenda to taste
  • 2 tbs PB2
  • Navitas Naturals cacao sweet nibs


While enjoying this tastiness, I found myself browsing hairstyle pictures online. Ann and I have hair appointments on March 5th and I'm not quite sure (other than coloring it dark) what route to go with the cut. I'm thinking DRASTIC! Ann always says I'm the rebel of the family. Perhaps I should prove it! My hair is VERY long (too damn long) right now and I find myself leaning towards the styles below. IF I can manage to grow enough balls by then and actually go through with it.


So uhm yeah... I'm sort of freaking out about it.

Our IT department was ALL over my office today. They decided to rewire the entire building (it's a nightmare) to avoid future issues and crashes etc... I would love to know why they chose to do this on a Monday instead of the weekend. I'm just saying. They're cutting into precious "find hairstyle" time!! Clearly work was on the slow side today.

LUNCH (meal #2) at 12:15pm.

I made a delicious veggie wrap with green and yellow bell peppers, spinach, bread & butter pickles and a wedge of light Laughing Cow swiss cheese. All rolled up into a honey wheat FlatOut.


I also had a Tanjelo and some more veggies on the side. I'm having one of those HUNGRY days again! BEWARE!


We decided not to leave the building for a break today. I spent it sipping green tea in my office while reading blogs and searching for more haircut ideas. I'm clearly going to obsess about this deeply until our appointment. It's a little Birthday treat to myself. I'll be turning the big 3-3 the day after the SCISSOR MADNESS. EEEEK!

SNACK (meal #3) at 4:15pm.

I indulged in a protein and carb packed yogurt mess. I have one more container of my beloved Oikos left at home. I could just cry. CRY!


I thought 5:00pm would never arrive today. By the time it did I was already changed for the gym and ready to GO. YAY! (I was excited about getting to leave, not the idea of sweating for the next hour and a half).

WORKOUT!

Seated Chest Press (plate loaded)
60lb x 15
60lb x 15
50lb x 15

High Row (plate loaded)
100lb x 15 (3 sets)

Inclined Chest Press (plate loaded)
30lb x 15
30lb x 15
20lb x 15

Lateral Pulldown with straight bar (cable)
60lb x 15 (3 sets)

Seated Chest Press (cable)
50lb x 15 (3 sets)

Row Machine (cable)
60lb x 15
50lb x 15
50lb x 15

Rotary Torso Machine (cable)
30lb x 15 - per side (2 sets)

Elliptical Cross Trainer, 20 minutes, 1.75 miles, 252 calories
1-2 min., (level 6)
3-4 min., (level 7)
5-6 min., (level 8)
7-8 min., (level 9)
9-10 min., (level 10)
11-12 min., (level 8)
13-14 min., (level 10)
15-16 min., (level 8)
17-18 min., (level 10)
19-20 min., (level 8)

SNACK (meal #4) at 7:15pm.

I decided to try another one of the Jay Robb protein packets that I received last week. They haven't disappointed me yet.
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
  • 1 Tropical Dreamsickle flavored Jay Robb protein packet
  • 2 cups spinach
  • 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
  • 1 banana
  • 1 packet Splenda



So good, so green, so pretty, so delicious!

Nick was already chilling on the couch waiting on me to get home so we could watch more Dexter. The show is like crack! We were up until 1:00am last night watching it with blood shot eyes. I'm not even sure if I blinked during the last 30 minutes. I was tired as heck but I didn't want to miss anything. HA!

DINNER (meal #5) at 9:00pm.

I haven't cooked chicken in a few weeks. You see, Nick is a self declared chicken hater. I should clarify. He only hates it when it's not deep fried and dripping with grease. HOWEVER, I thought a chicken breast salad sounded really good tonight so he's just going to have to deal with it! ;)

I pan seared the chicken with Pam, black pepper, garlic powder, cayenne and Morrocan seasoning until golden and then popped them into the oven at 400 degrees for about 15 min! They came out juicy and perfect! I sliced the breasts into bite size pieces and lay them on a bed of spinach. I topped it all with cherry tomatoes, creamy avocado, sugar snap peas Kaia Foods sweet curry sunflower seeds and a drizzle of spray butter.


The salad was delicious! Nick enjoyed it too. Operation Chicken Hater, Annihilater is in full effect. The second phase shall commence sometime next week. Details to follow.

Alright my lovelies, time go hang with my other man (Dexter) now. Have a great night!

XO
Ildie

3 comments:

Karin said...

I never go for drastic changes when I get my hair cut, I'm so boring! Love the hairstyle of Hayden & co. though. I often wonder if I should get a cut like that as well :).

Conor @ HoldtheBeef said...

I really like those hairstyles. Have been growing my hair out for a while, and am totally torn about keeping it longer and flowy and going for something actually interesting!

Take a robe into work. I take my ugg boots and a lap rug and feel no shame! No shame I tell you! :D

Becky @ flybynyght said...

That chicken salad looked a-mazing. I currently have a version of those hairtyles you were looking at - I'm always changing my hair - I say do it, it'll always grow back!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com