HOLD IT! Let's back up a bit first and start at the beginning shall we?
BREAKFAST (meal #1) at 9:30.
My tasty oats were beckoning me all morning but I found it hard to leave my desk long enough to make them. I finally caved at 9:30 because I was STARVING!
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 wheat bran
- 1 tbs flax
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- dash pumpkin pie spice
- pinch salt
- Splenda to taste
- 1 tbs sugar free cherry preserves
- 2 tbs PB2
While consuming this deliciousness, I reflected over my weight loss journey to date. I had another stellar morning with a 1.9 pound loss since last Friday. This officially puts me over 45 pounds total. 45.4 to be exact. INSANE RIGHT? TICKLED PINK I AM, I AM!
How are my others goals going? Well lets check in shall we?
- Drinking a gallon - I suck. This is still not happening. I will try harder next week.
- One coffee a day - Doing good...
- Less starchy carbs - Doing great. Sometimes I barely have any. I never though I would be able to say that. And get this.... I hardly miss it. :-o
- New Recipes - I owned this in the last week. I made a bunch of delicious new things for the first time and loved them all.
- More ab workouts - FAILED. I did manage to get one day in though which is better than nothing.
- 3.5 hours of Cardio a week - GOT IT DONE! And yes, I hated every breathless minute of it.
- Project Tackle Tosca - FAILED! But this is a new week. I will cook something out of her amazing cookbook this week for sure!
LUNCH (meal #2) at 12:45pm.
I was still a prisoner at my desk. Only taking bathroom breaks and refilling the water to keep the brain and fast moving fingers hydrated and agile. (Gallon mission underway!!)
I had another tasty salad today. Simple ingredients make a better salad in my opinion.
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red and green belle peppers
- 1/2 Avocado
- Sprinkle of sweet curry sunflower seeds
- Drizzle of Spray Butter
DELICIOUS! I kept working while I ate and worked right through break time again. No matter. It was Friday and the end was near. I was going like a MAD MACHINE all day. Getting things done left and right! I was in a zone.
SNACK (meal #3) at 4:15pm.
I refueled my MACHINE self with a tasty yogurt mess. A blend of Oikos, a sliced banana and a sprinkle of cocoa mole sunflower seeds make everything better.
I powered through the last hour at work and got the hot heck out of there at 5:00 on the dot.
THIS IS THE BEST PART OF FRIDAY! It's from this very moment that you're the furthest away from Monday morning. HA! Vicious cycle!
When I got home I did the unthinkable and made an espresso. YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT! I had two cups today instead of my usual one. Oh I'm so WILD and OUT OF CONTROL!
I enjoyed my steamy, sweet beverage wrapped in a blanket while watching It's Always Sunny Philadelphia. I LOVE the show! Nick and I are watching all the seasons on NetFlix. HILARIOUS!
DINNER (meal #4) at 8:30pm.
I haven't had pasta in for EVER. I needed to remedy this ridiculous situation immediately. Yeah, that's right, I was going to indulge in starchy carbs tonight. I picked this package of Spinach & Chives pasta up at Trader Joe's months ago and decided to finally make it.
I cooked the pasta as directed and tossed my portion with sauteed broccoli, leftover chicken breast from last night, spray butter, cottage cheese, frozen peas, cherry tomatoes, red pepper flakes and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
I fell into a sweet carby trance with each delicious bite. It turned out incredibly delicious! I decided to crack open this bottle of Sauvignon Blanc to enjoy with dinner. YUM YUM!
Time to dive into a few blood thirsty episodes of Dexter. It's getting so good. We're almost done with season two. I love this show so much.
I'll leave you with a little quote....