Friday, February 26, 2010

Tickled pink I am

Sweet Friday you're finally here. I want to wrap my loving arms around you and hold you tight until the end of times. I've missed you so much! I waited patiently for you all week. I wept, I whined and I kicked like a little baby. All that drama is behind us now. You are here, with me, where you belong. Tonight is ours baby! Let us celebrate RIGHT with a toast.


HOLD IT! Let's back up a bit first and start at the beginning shall we?

BREAKFAST (meal #1) at 9:30.

My tasty oats were beckoning me all morning but I found it hard to leave my desk long enough to make them. I finally caved at 9:30 because I was STARVING!
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/4 wheat bran
  • 1 tbs flax
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • dash pumpkin pie spice
  • pinch salt
  • Splenda to taste
  • 1 tbs sugar free cherry preserves
  • 2 tbs PB2


While consuming this deliciousness, I reflected over my weight loss journey to date. I had another stellar morning with a 1.9 pound loss since last Friday. This officially puts me over 45 pounds total. 45.4 to be exact. INSANE RIGHT? TICKLED PINK I AM, I AM!

How are my others goals going? Well lets check in shall we?
  • Drinking a gallon - I suck. This is still not happening. I will try harder next week.
  • One coffee a day - Doing good...
  • Less starchy carbs - Doing great. Sometimes I barely have any. I never though I would be able to say that. And get this.... I hardly miss it. :-o
  • New Recipes - I owned this in the last week. I made a bunch of delicious new things for the first time and loved them all.
  • More ab workouts - FAILED. I did manage to get one day in though which is better than nothing.
  • 3.5 hours of Cardio a week - GOT IT DONE! And yes, I hated every breathless minute of it.
  • Project Tackle Tosca - FAILED! But this is a new week. I will cook something out of her amazing cookbook this week for sure!
Uhm yeah, I think that about covers the bulk of it. Let me know if I left something out. ;)

LUNCH (meal #2) at 12:45pm.


I was still a prisoner at my desk. Only taking bathroom breaks and refilling the water to keep the brain and fast moving fingers hydrated and agile. (Gallon mission underway!!)

I had another tasty salad today. Simple ingredients make a better salad in my opinion.
  • Romaine
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • Red and green belle peppers
  • 1/2 Avocado
  • Sprinkle of sweet curry sunflower seeds
  • Drizzle of Spray Butter


DELICIOUS! I kept working while I ate and worked right through break time again. No matter. It was Friday and the end was near. I was going like a MAD MACHINE all day. Getting things done left and right! I was in a zone.

SNACK (meal #3) at 4:15pm.

I refueled my MACHINE self with a tasty yogurt mess. A blend of Oikos, a sliced banana and a sprinkle of cocoa mole sunflower seeds make everything better.


I powered through the last hour at work and got the hot heck out of there at 5:00 on the dot.

THIS IS THE BEST PART OF FRIDAY! It's from this very moment that you're the furthest away from Monday morning. HA! Vicious cycle!

When I got home I did the unthinkable and made an espresso. YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT! I had two cups today instead of my usual one. Oh I'm so WILD and OUT OF CONTROL!


I enjoyed my steamy, sweet beverage wrapped in a blanket while watching It's Always Sunny Philadelphia. I LOVE the show! Nick and I are watching all the seasons on NetFlix. HILARIOUS!

DINNER (meal #4) at 8:30pm.

I haven't had pasta in for EVER. I needed to remedy this ridiculous situation immediately. Yeah, that's right, I was going to indulge in starchy carbs tonight. I picked this package of Spinach & Chives pasta up at Trader Joe's months ago and decided to finally make it.


I cooked the pasta as directed and tossed my portion with sauteed broccoli, leftover chicken breast from last night, spray butter, cottage cheese, frozen peas, cherry tomatoes, red pepper flakes and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.


I fell into a sweet carby trance with each delicious bite. It turned out incredibly delicious! I decided to crack open this bottle of Sauvignon Blanc to enjoy with dinner. YUM YUM!

Time to dive into a few blood thirsty episodes of Dexter. It's getting so good. We're almost done with season two. I love this show so much.

I'll leave you with a little quote....

1 comment:

Karin said...

Gongrats! You're totally rocking that weight loss :).
Ah Pasta! How I love theee. Yours look amazing. Linguine always weakens my heart ;).

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com