Friday, February 19, 2010

Suburban Gangsta!

It's Friday and I couldn't be more exited. It's been a long and difficult week and I'm super glad that it's over!

Today was such a good day. The sun was frolicking in a brilliant blue sky and shining brightly with all it's magnificence. My beloved, glowing, fiery star, you warm my soul. I've missed you so!! NEVER LEAVE ME AGAIN!

Drum roll please..... I lost another 1.4 pounds. To be honest with you, I was shocked. After the Triple Birthday Party Beer Fest last Friday and my Sushi Filled Saturday, I was expecting no loss. I'm so, SO happy with my accomplishments up to this point. This puts my total weight loss at 43.5 pounds. When I first started eating right and working out, I found it HARD not to obsess with the task and goals ahead of me. They just seemed so FAR away and unobtainable. I wanted to lose 75-80 pounds total and I'm more than halfway there already. I'm enjoying this journey very much and I'm glad to be sharing it with all of you wonderful people. LOVE YOU!

Now let's talk about breakfast so I can distract you with YUMMY pictures before I update you on the rest of my goals. Gotta keep you WANTING MORE!

BREAKFAST (meal #1) at 9:15am.

  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/4 wheat bran
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • dash cinnamon
  • dash pumpkin pie spice
  • dash sea salt
  • Splenda to taste
  • 1 tbs flax
  • 1 tbs sugar free cherry preserves (Smucker's)
  • 1 tbs Naturally Nutty Chocolate Cherry peanut butter


I wanted to give this brand of peanut butter a solid review because I think it's just perfect.


Thick yet creamy, not too sweet, great texture, fabulous flavor and great consistency. I just love everything about it. I've already tried and rated their vanilla coconut peanut butter and I must say that both are delicious! I can't wait to try the vanilla almond butter. The chocolate cherry variety gets a brilliant 10 out of 10. I LOVE it!

Okay, now for the update on how my goals are going. Weeeeeeeeeeeell, not all of them are going great.
  • Water consumption - I've been doing "okay" on this. I've not reached my gallon goal at all this week. It's been closer to 100oz a day. Still great!
  • 2 green teas a day - Doing okay on this one. I think I skipped one day completely and had two days where I only drank 1. No big deal.
  • 1 coffee only a day - TACKLED!
  • Doing more ab workouts - complete FAIL. I hope to step this up next week. Gotta work on my human fanny pack. MUST get rid of it. ;)
  • New recipes - Again, a complete FAIL. I've been sticking to the "safe" recipes and eats this week. I hope to try something new next week. Or maybe tonight!
  • No carbs for dinner 3x a week - TACKLED! Yeah!
  • Protein smoothies 5x-6x a week - TACKLED!
  • Two 1 hour sessions and three 30 min. sessions of cardio a week - I only did so-so on this one. On one of the 1 hour days I only did 42 minutes due to the weather and on two of my 30 min. days I only did 20 min. Still great though.
Well, there you have it. All in all not a bad week. I'm feeling good about it.

LUNCH (meal #2) at 12:15pm.

I packed leftover veggies from dinner last night along with edamame, a red bell pepper, a wedge of light Swiss Laughing Cow cheese and a whole grain & flax FlatOut. I did a little voodoo and turned it into an incredible veggie wrap with more veggies on the side. Twas DELISH!


I got all of my grocery shopping done on my break today. I love doing this. It saves me so much time after work. I can only do this while it's still freezing out. It turns my trunk into the perfect freezer/refrigerator while I'm at work. Once my beloved heat returns, I'll have to resort to going after work again.

SNACKAGE (meal #3) at 4:00pm.

The most AWESOME sister in the WORLD gave me one of her Oikos today. I DEVOURED IT. I was all out of Greek yogurt at home and NOT happy about it. The grocery store was also completely sold out! DAMN IT! THANKS ANN!


I jazzed up the yogurt with a sprinkle of Back to Nature chocolate delight granola and a single sugar free heart Peeps, which I violently tore into sticky little decadent pieces. SO GOOD!

I hustled home after work to put the groceries away, tidy up the house and get started on two different types of chili. We're having friends over for dinner and games tonight. A glass or two of wine MAY sneak in there as well. Hard to say for sure. ;)

DINNER (meal #4) at 7:30pm. (only had 4 meals today, saving room for vino and possibly some dessert....)

To start, I made a quick and delicious bowl of guacamole. I tossed the following together and it turned out delicious.
  • 2 very ripe avocado
  • 2 tbs finely diced red pepper
  • 2 tbs finely diced red onion
  • dash dried cilantro
  • S+P
  • dash cayenne
  • 2 tbs fat free sour cream
  • 1 tbs lime juice


The chili recipes turned out great! I can't confirm which of the two won the chili battle though. I didn't want to indulge in the beefy, greasy Man's version and ruin my delicate palate. I can assure you that the Ladies version was delicious though. I think the secret ingredients really added a nice burst of flavor without being overwhelming. It was subtle layer of flavors. Both recipes are below.

MAN'S CHILI RECIPE
  • 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
  • 1 large onion
  • 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
  • 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
  • Can black beans
  • Can pinto beans
  • Can diced Mexican style tomatoes
  • Can stewed tomatoes
  • Can tomato sauce
  • 1 tbs chopped garlic
  • 1 packet Hot McCormicks Chili seasoning
  • S+P to taste


LADIES CHILI RECIPE (meat free)
  • 2 servings (110g) Morning Star Farms grounds
  • 1 large onion
  • 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
  • Can black beans
  • Can pinto beans
  • Can diced Mexican style tomatoes
  • Can stewed tomatoes
  • Can tomato sauce
  • 1 packet Hot McCormicks Chili seasoning
  • S+P to taste
  • 1 tbs chopped garlic
  • 2 tbs unsweetened dark cocoa (secret #1)
  • dash nutmeg (secret #2)
  • 1/2 roasted acorn squash, cut into bite size pieces (secret #3)


I cracked open this wine for us to enjoy....


Sadly though, we hated it. So much so that after dinner my friends offered to make a beer and wine run. Yay! While they were gone I quickly finished this post. I'm so sneaky.

They just got back so I have to run. Delicious wine, friends and competitive games beckon me. I don't like to lose. Neither do they. Should be fun! LIVIN WILD ON A FRIDAY NIGHT! Yeah, that's how we roll. SUBURBAN GANGSTA!

Have a great Friday evening!

HUGS!!!
Ildie

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com