- An overly excited dog peeing all over someones jeans.
- Dog vomit that mysteriously appeared out of thin air.
- A group dare to consume soft "chalk-like" puppy treats. 3 people participated.
- Shots of a mysterious clear liquid that smelled like rubbing alcohol.
- A tower of Miller High Life cans, the champagne of beers of course.
- A TON of naughty food and sweets.
- Early contractions (mild) by a friend who is going to POP at any moment. We all freaked out but she assured us that all was well and the baby was NOT going to surprise us tonight. WHEW!
- And of course, Puppy Bowls Kitty Halftime show (GO CATS!).
I would like to clarify that I was NOT involved in any of the ongoing shenanigans last night. I was a little angel all night and had no beer, no mystery shots, no sweets or snacks, and for sure no puppy treats. I snacked on the Amazing Grass chocolate super food bar that I took with me and on some raw veggies off of the veggie platter.
Alright, enough about last night, let's talk about "lack of fun day" now.
BREAKFAST! (meal#1) at 9:15am.
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 wheat bran
- 1 tbs ground flax
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbs unsweetened cocoa
- Splenda to taste
- 5 drops of chocolate fudge brownie Capella Flavor Drops
Enjoyed in my office with the door shut and my space heater cranked on FULL BLAST! When I walked into the office this morning the temperature was set to 60. Is this some sort of cruel mass torture? Come on people.... GIVE US HEAT!
LUNCH (meal #2) at 12:15pm.
I was craving one thing and one thing only, SALAD!
- Baby spinach leaves
- Cherry tomatoes
- Black beans
- Fat free cottage cheese
- Drizzle of spray butter
Not a lot of ingredients or pizzazz but in my opinion it tasted perfect. I also enjoyed a sad little bruised banana.
On our break today we hit up the grocery store (we can't stay away I tell you) to pick up some of my beloved multi grain & flax FlatOut. The grocery store by my house doesn't carry it and I HAVE TO HAVE IT! I also found the honey wheat variety to try. So uhm, yeah... That was lunch..... Yep, sure was exciting aye? WEEEEEEEE!!!!!
SNACK (meal #3) at 4:00pm.
I didn't have yogurt all weekend and my body was screaming for it. Naturally I had to oblige.
- 4oz cup of plain 0% Oikos
- Fuji apple slices
- 1 packet Splenda
- Small kiwi
- Sprinkle of Back to Nature, chocolate delight granola
I'm not sure why but I woke up seriously sore today with pretty intense DOMS. However, as always, I put those aches and pains aside and went straight to the gym after work. We are expecting yet another titillating and exciting winter storm tomorrow so I wanted to make sure to get a good workout in tonight. Tomorrow may not happen. I HATE WINTER!
Advanced Chest Press (plate loaded)
30lb x 15 (3 sets)
Lat Pulldown with V-Bar (cable)
70lb x 15
60lb x 15
60lb x 15
Seated Chest Press (plate loaded)
60lb x 13
50lb x 15
50lb x 15
High Row (plate loaded)
90lb x 15 (3 sets)
Advanced Inclined Chest Press (plate loaded)
30lb x 15
30lb x 15
20lb x 15
Row Machine (cable)
60lb x 15
50lb x 15
50lb x 15
Elliptical Cross Trainer, 20 minutes, 244 calories, 1.72 miles
1-2 min, (level 5)
3-4 min, (level 6)
5-6 min, (level 7)
7-8 min, (level 8)
9-10 min, (level 9)
11-12 min, (level 10)
13-14 min, (level 11)
15-16 min, (level 12)
17-18 min, (level 11)
19-20 min, (level 10)
Oh the aches and pains were screaming at me by the time I was done. SO SORE! I only did 20 minutes on the Elliptical instead of the usual 30. WE WERE TRICKED! The clock in the cardio room was set 20 minutes ahead. Thinking that we were running WAY late, Ann and I thought it best to only do 20 minutes on the ellipticals. As soon as I grabbed my purse out of the locker I noticed the correct time on my phone. BAH! Oh well, I was tired, sweaty, sore and ready to go home anyway.
I made a quick and delicious shake as soon as I walked in the door. I look forward to these frosty treats all day long!
SNACK (meal #4) at 7:15pm.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 small banana
- 1 scoop (30 grams) vanilla whey protein powder
- 5 drops orange creamsickle Capella Flavor Drops
- 2 cups spinach
- couple pieces of ice
Mighty Green Goddess, I shall worship you until the end of times. I bow to thees luxurious deliciousness! This is my absolute favorite combo YET! Something about this mix just blended beautifully together. Just look at that color. So pretty and fresh!
After my heavenly Goddess fuel, I soaked in a steaming (almost painfully hot) bath for a good 30 minutes. I also stretched afterwards for about 10 minutes. Hopefully I'll feel better by tomorrow.
DINNER (meal #5) at 9:00pm.
I didn't want anything too fussy for dinner so I decided to make a quick veggie burrito. Into a large pan went the following.
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- Spray butter
- Trader Joe's spicy taco seasoning mix
While the veggies were cooking away I heated up a serving of Morning Star Farms grounds which I also seasoned with taco seasoning.
When the veggies and grounds were done I sprayed a frying pan with Pam and layered the following.
- Honey Wheat Flat Out
- Cooked and sauteed veggies
- Morning Star Farms grounds
- A bit more sauteed veggies
- 1 slice of provolone cheese
It was so incredibly easy and delicious! The sweetness from the salsa and the heat from the taco seasoning and jalapenos was perfect! I seriously enjoyed this!
Well lovelies, that's all she wrote. Time to go cuddle with the Mr.
Enjoy the rest of your Monday and STAY WARM and cozy tonight.