Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Fake Irish Pride

This post will be a story woven in pictorial perfection. Because it's late, I'm tired, hungry and seconds away from passing out on the couch. Please forgive my lackluster photographic foodie documentary. :)

BREAKFAST (meal #1) at 8:30am.

I woke up early because of our St' Patrick's plans. I was dressed, full of coffee and prepping breakfast as soon as 8 o'clock hit. The master plan consisted of having oatmeal at home before we headed out for our Irish infused shenanigans.
  • 1/2 cup oatmeal
  • 1/4 wheat bran
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • dash pumpkin pie spice
  • pinch salt
  • Splenda to taste
  • 2 tbs Irish Cream syrup (sugar free Torani syrup)
I topped the bowl with 1 tablespoon flax, 1 tablespoon of Better N' Peanut Butter and some superfruit jam. Delicious!!

I devoured my breakfast, got dressed, put my face on and we were off. We met Nick's family at a bar down the street for some coffee with Bailey's and Jameson and their free breakfast buffet. Clearly I ate at home to avoid bar breakfast temptation. And it worked. Everyone else slammed on eggs, biscuits, sausage and cheesy hashbrowns. I managed to resist breakfast decadence and sipped on my SPIKED coffee instead. SO good!

After our breakfast meeting, we decided to go bowling. YAY! Nothing like drinking beers and pretending that you're good at bowling when you're not. Let me just clarify. I SUCK at bowling! YEP, SURE DO!

We played 4 games and I didn't break 100 points the entire time. YEP, I am THAT BAD! HA! I had a blast though! Bowling while drinking was SO much better than being at work!

After bowling I gave Ann a call. She left work at noon to celebrate the Irish festivities with her Mister. They were at a bar not to far from us so we decided to meet up with them for a few drinks.

We hung out at the bar for a while and then decided to grab a late lunch.

LUNCH (meal #2) at 5:00pm.

Somehow by ACCIDENT we ended up at the Mexican restaurant around the corner from their apartment. DANG IT! I was being SO BAD today! I ordered the chicken fajita quesadilla. I was also slamming on chips and salsa while we waited like it was my JOB! BAH! Not to mention I was sipping on a glass of margarita. I WAS BEING SOOOOO BAD!

After we finished feasting, Nick and I decided to call it a night and headed home. Tragically we somehow ended up at the grocery store down the street from our house and found ourselves perusing the ice cream isle. THE HORROR! We left with a pint of pistachio ice cream and coconut pineapple ice cream. IT ALL HAPPENED SO FAST! AGHHHH!

DINNER (meal #3) at 9:30pm.

We got back to the house and crashed on the couch. I was exhausted. An hour or so later I decided to snack on some veggie egg rolls that I purchased at Trader Joe's a few months ago.

Nick passed out on the couch. Yeah, it was that kind of a day for sure. I munched on these delicious little egg rolls (which I dipped in sweet Thai chili sauce) and watched a bit of TV. We never dug into the ice cream. Good thing I guess considering the BADNESS of the day already. I'M SO TIRED NOW!

Time for bed!



Karin said...

Dinner at 5pm??? Oh boy I would have starved!! It looks super good though even though it might not be the healthiest meal. WHATEVER! It's ok to indulge every once in a while :).

Janetha said...

you are the cutest EVER! bowling looked fun and i loved the abundance of greeeeen.


Blog Template by