Thursday, March 11, 2010

Shine on baby!

There was a certain spring in my step today. Get it? "Spring"! It was 60+ degrees and the sun was shinning all over my smiling face. AHHHHHH! Sweet ray therapy! Shine on baby, shine on! I blissfully pranced and dilly dallied around all day without a coat and loved every single second of it.

I'm clearly in a better place today. Work is less crazy and I feel this calm peace around me right now.

The always fabulous, brilliant (clearly smart, she gave me an award....) and gorgeous Karin from Give Me Bananas gave me an award. Thanks lady! ;)


The rules:
  • Thank & link to the person who gave this to you.
  • Copy the logo and place on your blog.
  • Tell SIX outrageous lies about yourself and ONE outrageous truth.
  • Nominate seven “Creative Writers” who you know will come up with some great lies.
  • Post links to the seven nominees and let them know you nominated them.
OH how fun! Can you guess which of the below is true? HA!
  1. I'm involved with the Hungarian Mafia.
  2. I once ate a pound of tree bark to be one with nature.
  3. I have a severe fear of earthworms.
  4. My full name is Ildikoshococo.
  5. I once did a tightrope tango in the nude for charity.
  6. I can roll my R's like a roaring kitten. ROAR!
  7. My goal in life is to become a crazy cat lady.
HAHAHA! That was great! Thanks Karin! Okay, moving on to FOOD!

BREAKFAST (meal #1) at 9:15am.

The usual hip hoppin bowl of oats. Eat your oats ladies. Make your Mama proud!
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/4 cup wheat bran
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
I microwaved this as usual and then topped it with...
  • 1 tbs flax
  • 2 tbs sugar free apricot preserves (Smucker's)
  • 1 tbs Better N' Peanut Butter
  • dash of cinnamony love


I inhaled this like nobodies business. Whiles gawking at the beautiful sun through my office (prison) window.

Today was so much less hectic at work. I was actually able to take several bathroom, water, stretch and bloggie brakes. Ahhhhhh!

LUNCH (meal #2) at 12:30pm.

Another epic wrap. A few simple and clean ingredients make the best wraps I swear.
  • 1 whole wheat and flax FatOut
  • 1 wedge light Laughing Cow Cheese (swiss)
  • Baby spinach
  • Red bell pepper


Rolled into perfection and devoured with 2 crunchy carrots for an extra veggie kick.


We hit the mall on our break today. Me? At the mall? Willingly? I know! WEIRD! I hate malls! However, I was on the hunt for the perfect Birthday card for Nick and another little "cheesy" present. I found them both! YAY! He's all done!

Somehow, in the process of wrapping Nick up, I also "accidentally" picked myself up some new hair clips, a funky hair bow, a pair of earrings and a necklace. It happened so fast. I HAVE NO CONTROL I SWEAR!!


Oh, and check these out. They look like little Babushka Ladies! I gave one to Ann. I LOVE EM! HA!


SNACK (meal #3) at 3:45pm.

I had my snack a bit earlier than usual today. I tried that off brand banana cream pie yogurt I picked up the other day, sprinkled with pomegranate and flax granola. It was pretty good. I wish it had more protein though. This baby only packs 5g.


I left work at 4:30 today instead of 5:00 because I NEEDED to get a workout in and I also NEEDED to be at Nick's Mama's house by 8:00 for the family Birthday "gift giving" celebration. His Birthday isn't until tomorrow (the 12th) but they decided to get together tonight instead. I refuse to give my presents to him tonight though! NOPE! He has to SUFFER AND WAIT. MUWAHAHAHAHA!

WORKOUT!

Since falling madly in love with my Polar heart rate monitor watch, I've decided to once again REVAMP the workouts a bit. I've been doing the same thing for over a month now and I'm ready to switch it up a tad. I've decided to do the following. NO MORE HOUR LONG CARDIO SESSIONS 2x a week. NO NEED!! According to my sexy pink watch, I burn just as much OR MORE doing both weights and cardio together. Who knew? I'm also going to work my arms and shoulders 2x a week. I want to tone them up and it's not happening quickly enough for my liking. :)

Mon - Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders + 30 min. cardio.
Tues - Chest, Back + 30 min cardio.
Wed - Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders + 30 min. cardio.
Thurs - 45 min. cardio + 15 min. abs
Fri - OFF
Sat - Legs, Glutes + 30 min. cardio
Sun - 15-20 min. of abs at home

So anyways, that's the new plan. We'll see how she goes. Here is what I did today.

Elliptical Cross Trainer
45 minutes, 3.9 miles
min 1-2 (level 5)
min 3-4 (level 6)
min 5-6 (level 7)
min 7-8 (level 8)
min 9-10 (level 9)
min 11-12 (level 10)
min 13-14 (level 11)
min 15-16 (level 12)
min 17-18 (level 13)
min 19-20 (level 5)
min 21-22 (level 6)
min 23-24 (level 7)
min 25-26 (level 8)
min 27-28 (level 9)
min 29-30 (level 10)
min 31-32 (level 11)
min 33-34 (level 12)
min 35-36 (level 13)
min 37-38 (level 8)
min 39-40 (level 9)
min 42-42 (level 10)
min 43-45 (level 5)

Ab workout
Crunches x20 (3 sets)
Situps x20 (3 sets)
Leg Raise crunches x20 (2 sets)
Torso Twist crunches X20 (2 sets)
Crunches x50

Total Calories Burned - 597
Max heart rate - 177
Average heart rate - 149
Total time - 1:05

SNACK (meal #4) at 6:30pm.

I FLEW HOME and made a quick protein shake. No time for a blended smoothie. I was in a RUSH! I just put a cup of unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze in my shaker cup and added a scoop of peanut butter chocolate whey protein powder. Shook it like a MAD DOG and chugged it. GO GO GO!


I took the fastest bath in history! Dried the hair, put the face on and dove head first into dinner making. I was keeping it quick and simple tonight.

DINNER (meal #5) at 7:20pm.

I decided to whip together a SUPER FAST (yet oddly delicious) Egg white omelet.
  • 4 egg whites
  • 1 wedge of light, swiss Laughing Cow Cheese
  • 1 tomato, diced
  • a bit of green bell pepper
I also enjoyed the leftover green beans from last night on the side. And naturally, I smothered everything in Sriracha because I am addicted to HEAT!


I quickly ate my dinner and then drove to the Birthday gathering. I got there right on time. AND I WAS GREETED BY A SLICE OF COCONUT CREAM PIE! OMG! (crappy picture, sorry) I had the thinest slice possible. I indulged but not too much. I also had 3 (yes 3) cups of decaf. YUM!


I was also greeted by a belated present from Nick's mom. Crazy sweet lady!


LOOK AT THIS SWEET HAT!! She made it! I AM IN LOVE WITH IT!


We hung out with his family till roughly 10:00 and then made our way home. This left me just enough time to blog for you fabulous people! Hope you enjoyed it. It was sort of a long one!! ;)

XOXOXOX
Ildie

1 comment:

Karin said...

Muahahaha I love your list! I'm guessing that #3 is your truth though the others are hilarious too.

Good to hear that things are less busy now. Your accessoires are so wonderful and I want those babushkas too!! They look so cute :).

Your hat is the bomb! I'm jealous! Such a nice gift of Nick's mum!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com