Saturday, March 20, 2010

I live in a jungle

Hello lovelies.

I adore waking up to sunshine on a Saturday. I celebrated with a caramel drizzle flavored coffee infused with cinnamon fresh out of my French Press. I cuddled with Oliver and his typical attention whoreish ways. He's only like this first thing in the morning. Trust me! Fluffy Butt and I cuddled for a bit while I read my favorite blogs. Morning perfection!

BREAKFAST (meal #1) at 9:00am.

I made a quick egg white scramble with 4 eggs, S+P, chopped fresh spinach and diced tomato. I toasted a wheat, Thomas's bagel thin, sprayed it with a bit of butter and topped each slice with the eggs. Simple perfection!


Enjoyed with two kiwis on the side, skin and all. YUM!


I let my food digest for a while and then got dressed for the gym. I was feeling extra motivated to sweat and KILL myself today. I always feel like I get my BEST workouts in on Saturdays. The gym is less busy, I have more time and I get to go in the morning which lets me enjoy the rest of my day.

WORKOUT!

Hack Squat (plate loaded)
50lb x 15 (3 sets)
Leg Extension (cable)
90lb x 15 (2sets)
80lb x 15
Seated Leg Curl (cable)
90lb x 15 (2 sets)
80lb x 15
Inner Thigh Machine (cable)
65lb x 20 (3 sets)
Outer Thigh Machine (cable)
75lb x 20 (3 sets)
Ab Machine (cable)
100lb x 20 (2 sets) WHEW!
Single Leg Press (plate loaded)
100lb (each leg) x 15 (3 sets)
Squats
x15 (3 sets)
Stuff Legged Deadlift (barbell)
45lb x 15 (3 sets)
Elliptical Cross Trainer
30 minutes, 2.78 miles, 2 minute intervals of levels 8-10

Total time at gym = 1:28
Max HR = 175
Average HR = 143
Total calories burned = 747


I looked like a deranged, sweaty and overly red beast by the time I was done. Ann said I looked "weird". I guess parts of my face were bright red and others looked jaundiced. ?? Whatever. NO PAIN NO GAIN!

I drove home with the sunroof open and loved every minute of it. I LOVE YOU SPRING!

SNACK (meal #2) at 12:30.

I refueled my quivering little legs with a green monster smoothie.
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
  • 1 scoop chocolate peanut butter whey protein powder
  • 1 packet of Amazing Grass green superfood

  • 1 tbs sugar free chocolate Torani syrup
  • 1 banana, sliced
  • 2 cups baby spinach leaves
  • 2 cups ice


Blended to perfection and sipped on for what seemed like an eternity. This made a MASSIVE amount! So delicious though. You better believe that I drank it all. :)

Nick and decided to work on the "Jungle" for a bit this afternoon. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before or not but I have a Super Hybrid Mega Jungle taking over a portion of my property. Junk grows taller than me every Spring and is UNCONTROLLABLE! I think we're in denial about needing professional help but I'll play along! At least I got to enjoy some nice weather while we slaved away.

LUNCH (meal #3) at 4:30.

I made a quick lunch after our outdoor adventure. I was STARVING! I made a quick FlatOut quesadilla with a wedge of light swiss Laughing Cow Cheese, fat free refried beans and jalapenos. Toasted in a pan with Pam and topped with Trader Joe's pineapple salsa.


I also had cauliflowers, green peppers and roasted garlic hummus on the side.


This meal made he happy. So happy that I did a little dance. No, not really, but I thought about it. :)

After lunch I FINALLY got to sit down and do nothing. Lame? I THINK NOT! I miss downtime. It seems like I'm always rushing around and doing something. Working, working out, cooking, cleaning, laundry, blogging, visiting with family and friends etc... I cherish "nothing" time.

DINNER (meal #4) at 9:00pm.

Tilapia was on the menu tonight. I've been craving them for days. I seasoned the fillets with pink salt and dill, dipped them in egg whites and coated them with panko bread crumbs (which were seasoned with garlic powder, rosemary and key lime powder). I also seasoned some asparagus with pink salt and black pepper. I put the fish and asparagus on the same cookie sheet and baked them at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Dinner turned out perfect! I had some low calorie tartar sauce on the side and drizzled some Sriracha over the fish. MMM!


Deeeeeeeeeelicious!

I think Nick and I are about to play that new board game I got him for his Birthday. It looks VERY involved. He has been reading and re-reading the rules for over an hour. EEEK!

Night!
XOXO

Ildie

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com