Saturday, March 13, 2010

Productive Critter...

I'm a walking coma patient today. A daydreaming, tired and drained zombie with no ambition. I'm not even sure how I managed to get anything done today. Oddly though, I was quite the productive little critter today. Go figure! Maybe the thought of being done with it all and rotting on the couch is what kept me going. Couch paradise was my fiery fuel!

I slept like POOP last night. Not sure if it was the beers I had with dinner or just an unexplainable and annoying circumstance. I'm guessing the two are related though.
Okay, let's pick back up where we left off last night. Before we left the house, I gave Nick his presents. He LOVED the game I got for him. ;)


Then we were off to the bar to meet his dad, stepmom, brother and his brothers girlfriend. We got there right on time and were met by Spongebob and Sam Adams Boston Lager. Deliciously satisfying!


I ordered the blackened chicken salad for dinner with fat free ranch dressing and a side of mango habanero sauce. That stuff was HOT. My mouth was on fire. It burned so good. I ate every last delicious morsel.


After dinner we enjoyed some more beer and hung out with his family for a few more hours.


We didn't get home until 11:30. We were both beat and went straight to bed. Sadly I was already awake by 3:30 and couldn't fall back asleep until 5:00. WHAT THE HECK!? I managed to get maybe 2 more hours of sleep (sort of) and finally gave up at about 7:00.

BREAKFAST (meal #1) at 8:00am.

I enjoyed my egg white omelet so much the other day that I decided to have another this morning. I stuffed it with fresh spinach, tomato pieces and fat free American cheese. I had it with a Thomas's bagel thin and two Morning Star Farms sausage links. Perfection!


I also had a cup of French press coffee which went unphotographed. It was a mix of fudge brownie and vanilla biscotti flavored coffee. It was SO good!

I met Ann at the gym for legs, glutes and cardio day at 10:30. I had a great workout. My thick little thighs were BURNING. HA!

WORKOUT!

Treadmill Warmup
5 minutes at 3.2 speed
Outer Thigh Machine
75lb x 20 (3 sets)
Inner Thigh Machine
65lb x 15 (3 sets)
Leg Extensions
90lb x 15 (3 sets)
Seated Leg Curl
90lb x 15
80lb x 15 (2 sets)
Hack Squat
50lb x 15 (3 sets)
Leg Press
190lb x 15 (3 sets)
Stiff Legged Deadlift
45lb x 15 (3 sets)
Elliptical Cross Trainer
30 minutes, 2.6 miles, 2 minute intervals at levels 6-8

Total workout took 1:29 minutes.
Max Heart rate = 177
Average Heart rate = 156
Total Calories Burned = 751

SNACK (meal #2) at 12:30pm.

After the gym we went straight to Mama and Papa Babushka's house. I had a super quick and bland protein shake with 1 scoop of peanut butter chocolate whey protein powder and water. Mama didn't have any Almond Breeze at the house. Tragic. It was just so-so but at least I got my protein in to feed my tired little muscles.


LUNCH (meal #3) at 1:00pm.

Mama baked some deliciously tender and juicy chicken breasts and made a massive salad to go with them.


Here is my portion, topped with red pepper flakes, Sriracha and spray butter. It was delicious but oddly left me a bit hungry?


We hung out for a few hours chatting, arguing, getting sassy and lippy with each other in typical crazy family fashion. We were discussing their trip back to Hungary at the end of April. Yes! I'm jealous! I never travel anywhere. Not even out of Ohio. I'M SO LAME! I'm very excited for them though! This trip is LONG overdue and I'm so glad they're finally doing it!

When I got home I started work on a HUGE pile of laundry. Ohhh, my favorite!!! I also started prepping dinner early. I was still fantasizing about getting to sit down and doing NOTHING. I was feeling super drained at this point.

DINNER (meal #4) at 8:00pm.


I busted out the trusty food processor to help make prep work easier.


I haven't made black bean burgers in a long time and I couldn't stop thinking about them. Here's what went into the mix.
  • 1 can black beans, drained
  • 1/2 can chick peas, drained
  • 4 tbs cornmeal
  • 1 whole egg
  • 1 cup oatmeal
  • 1/2 tbs chopped garlic
  • 1 small onion
  • 2 tbs corn
  • cumin
  • salt + pepper
  • cayenne
  • hot chili powder
This was enough for 5 patties.


I cooked them in a frying pan sprayed with Pam for 5 -7 minutes on each side. Easy peasy. I had mine with an Ezekiel bun, fat free american cheese, spinach leaves, onion slices, sharp mustard and low card ketchup. OMG so good!!!


I also made a huge batch of carrot and parsnip fries. I seasoned them with black pepper, garlic powder, cinnamon, sea salt and spray butter and popped them into a 400 degree oven for roughly 30-35 minutes. I flipped them once and they turned out perfect!


AHH I enjoyed the heck out of this dinner. And guess what? I have NOTHING left to do tonight. Couch paradise here I come. I'm going to bond with some pillows, a blanket, my Mr. and my remote for a few hours and hopefully get some sleep later tonight.

Be back tomorrow!
XOXOXO
Ildie

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com