Monday, May 3, 2010

270 hours and counting!

Why hello my little bloggettes.

To start this post off right, let us discuss my impending and brilliant vacation. We officially leave in 11.5 days (9 of which are working days), which also translates to a grand total of 270 hours. Obsess much? Why yes... Yes I do. Thanks for noticing. How can I not? I'm SO excited. My list making is completely and hopelessly out of control. I've already started buying and packing a few MUST HAVE necessities. Toothbrushes, soap, butter pretzels, bottles of wine, oatmeal, peanut butter and shot glasses etc... I would HATE to forget something critically important. Groceries on the island will be limited and I MUST BE PREPARED! HA!

Ocracoke island is super small, quaint, low key, relaxing and laid back. This map is all there is. LOVE it. See that green square on the right. That's our rental house. :)


I've been to the Island before and I loved it. So peaceful.



OKAY, I'm veering off topic here... MUST FOCUS!

BREAKFAST (meal #1) at 9:00am.
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/4 wheat bran
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tbs unsweetened dark cocoa
  • Splenda
  • (Microwaved and topped with 1 tbs Better N' Peanut Butter and organic raisins.)


Eaten while I worked. La La La, La La, La Laaaaaaaa...

I wish I could get this excited about work. HA! :)

LUNCH (meal #2) at 12:30.

A simple salad of spinach + tomatoes + sugar snap peas + acorn squash + spray butter. The combo of cold spinach and hot, sweet acorn squash is ridiculous. SO good!


I managed to sneak in a break today and left the office for a bit to get gas (EXCITING I know!!) and to pick up the cheapest, fitted, king sized sheets I could find. The rental house comes with everything EXCEPT linens. Sort of annoying but what can you do? I know, you can put on your brave face, go to Walmart and leave a bit of your soul behind while you spend your hard earned money in evil land. HA! Now I can cross sheets off of my list. EXCITING!

SNACK (meal #3) at 4:15pm.

The very predictable bowl of yogurty goodness. A plain Dannon Greek yogurt, a juicy red pear and a sprinkle of Udi's cranberry granola and cinnamon.


And then, like a sneaky, stealthy falcon, 5:00 o'clock swept through the land and it was time for the gym.

WORKOUT!


Tricep Pulldown Machine (cable)
80lb x 15
70lb x 15
70lb x 15
Bicep Curls (barbell)
45lb x 12 9I need some manly wrist wraps, these REALLY hurt my wrists!!)
40lb x 15
35lb x 15
Front Shoulder Raise (barbell)
30lb x 15
25lb x 15
20lb x 15
Tricep Bench Dips
Bodyweight x 15 (3 sets)
Hammer Curls (dumbbell)
15lb x 15
15lb x 15
12.5lb x 15
Bicep Machine (cable)
15lb x 15 (this thing was ODDLY heavy)
15lb x 11
15lb x 10
Overhead Shoulder Press (dumbbell)
15lb x 15
15lb x 15
15lb x 15
Treadmill
I was trying to surpass my last 13 min. mile. I did 1 mile in 12:41. Not bad, not great. I'll take it. I've only been running 2 weeks. I did intervals between 3.2 and 7.0.
Elliptical
15 minutes, 1.3 miles, level 6

Total Time at gym = 1:22
Max HR = 186
Average HR = 143
Total Calories Burned = 686


WHOOOOOPED!

We ran to feed the Babushka family kitties afterwards and then I hustled home to prep a quick protein shake.

SNACK (meal #4 at 7:30pm.

I just made a fast shake with unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze and 1 scoop of chocolate peanut butter whey protein. I shook it.... I shook it like a polaroid picture. :)


I was a nasty HOT mess after the workout. I cleaned my sweaty self up after the shake session and started prepping dinner.

DINNER (meal #5) at 9:00pm.

TACO SALAD TIME YALL! Did you miss it? I sure did! I followed the usual recipe (you can view it ***HERE***) but added a bit more corn and left out the beans. It was tasty. I had it with blue corn chips as well. I was craving something salty and crunchy.


And this makes us current. It's nearing 11:45 and my eyes are feeling heavy. I would love to catch up on some blogs but time has run out on me today. Perhaps tomorrow will be less crazy at work and I can catch up with all of you brilliant beauties then. Until tomorrow my lovelies. Until tomorrow......

XOXO
TRILLIONS OF HUGS!

Ildie

7 comments:

sweetlife said...

I'm glad you are going on vacation, wow so much to pack..good thing I have a wondeful mom to do all this..haha my mom said you were funny..

chuls@sweetlifebake

Yelena said...

Vacation is my favorite. I pretend I'm on vacation on the weekends and it makes the pain go away for a bit!

I gotta ask- you lift bis, tris, and shoulders in one day- is that part of your training plan? I would love to hear more! I alternate the push/pull muscles and never do bis and tris on the same day.

Anna said...

It's been a while, first big, huge congrats on loosing 51.1, second, vacaaaaaation yurruuuuulll. Good for you, I would be counting the minutes too.

Lindsay said...

Love a good vacation! It'll be here before you know it!!! I need to not read your blog before bed makes me hungry every time!!!

Karin said...

Sounds like you'll have such a fun holiday! I'd also count the days and prepare tons of things to take with me. Especially food, hehe.

Sonia said...

How fun to get to go on vacation! I have been "planning" a vacation for a while, but nothing has been accomplished. Not even the destination.
Your workout looks great! Yay for beating your mile time.

Kelly said...

Your vacation spot looks delightful!! And so does your salad ;)

Also - running intervals at a 7?! you're becoming a runner!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com