Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Veggie-Hulk-Dafied.

Don't hug or squeeze me. I may just sweat vegetable juice all over you. I can't get enough lately! It's Tuesday night and I've eaten most of the veggies in my fridge already. I'm not sure if I can make it till Friday, which is when I usually do my grocery shopping. I swear my skin has a slight green glow to it. I've been Veggie-Hulk-Dafied. HA! ROOOOAR!

BREAKFAST (meal #1) at 9:00am.
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/4 wheat bran
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • Splenda
  • (Microwaved and topped with 1 tbs Better N' Peanut Butter and organic raisins.)


Work was steady today. Not WILD and CRAZY (thank goodness) but steady. It made the hours fly by. Weeeeeeeeeeeee.

LUNCH (meal #2) at 12:30pm.

I couldn't get yesterdays salad out of my head so I had the same thing today, in a wrap. I stuffed a multi grain FlatOut with cool, crisp spinach and hot Acorn squash. That's it. Simple and delicious!


I also had some sugar snap peas, a kiwi and a sugar free peach fruit cup on the side.


We ran to Ann's apartment on our break today. She made us some coffee (which I forgot to take a picture of) and we hung out with this little furry lady. PEPPER, you're so cute! Now if only you'd sit the heck still! "Phantom Kittieeeee"...


And then it was back to work. My afternoon was a bit more hectic than my morning but still manageable. I'm working really hard to try and get some things wrapped up before vacation. In all honesty though, it's not something I have a whole lot of control over. Things are due when they are due and deadlines come and go all the time. I can only do so much with my current projects. Acceptance is the first step right? Or is that the second? In any event, I must STOP obsessing about things that I cannot control. :)

SNACK (meal #3) at 4:15pm.

A plain Dannon Greek yogurt with Udi's cranberry granola and some cinnamon. I was going to add an apple to the mix but decided against it. I wasn't craving it.


In all honesty, I wasn't craving a workout today either. As always though, I found myself heading to the gym after work.

WORKOUT!

Lat Pulldown with straight bar (cable)
70lb x 15
60lb x 15
60lb x 15
Seated Chest Press (plate loaded)
60lb x 15
60lb x 14
60lb x 13
Low Row (plate loaded)
50lb x 15
60lb x 15
60lb x 15
Advanced Chest Press (plate loaded)
60lb x 14.5
50lb x 12
50lb x 10
Dumbbell Fly
15lb x 15
12lb x 15
12lb x 15
Dumbbell Row
20lb x 15
20lb x 15
20lb x 15
Treadmill
1 mile, 12:26 minutes, 1 minuter intervals of 3.4 - 6.5

It was basically at this point that I decided I was ready to go. It felt glorious to leave a little bit earlier than usual. I still had a great workout. I just decided to skip the alluring call of the Elliptical. I left about 20 minutes before I usually do. I'M SUCH A REBEL!

Total Time at Gym = 1 hour exactly
Max HR = 185
Average HR = 135
Total Calories Burned = 400

SNACK (meal #4) at 6:45pm.

I made an oddly colored Green Monster Smoothie. I think the cherries took it from vibrant green to greyish, greenish purple in a matter of seconds. No matter, it was still delicious.
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
  • 10 frozen cherries
  • 5-6 small chunks of frozen pineapple
  • 1 scoop vanilla whey protein
  • 2 cups spinach
  • 1 cup ice


I collapsed on the couch and watched a few episodes of Say Yes To The Dress while sipping my power cocktail. I LOVE that show! I love all things wedding. Wedding dresses, veils, cakes, receptions, pictures, dancing, romance, cries, laughter, flowers etc... I just love, love. What I would also love is to have a reason to shop for a wedding dress. OH NO SHE DIDN'T!

Oh yes, yes I did! :-O

DINNER (meal #5) at 9:00pm.

It was another vegetable extravaganza this evening. I roasted some brussel sprouts, broccoli and sweet potato slices in the oven at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes. I just seasoned them with salt, pepper and oregano and sprayed the cookie sheet with Pam. Easy peasy. I also tossed in a smoked turkey sausage to have with the veggies. When it was all done, I piled the veggies into my bowl, sliced the sausage on top and added a few cherry tomatoes. Twas delicious!


Nick just got home. I think I'll go cuddle on the couch for a bit and then call it a night.

Ta taaaaaaaa...
XOXO

Ildie

3 comments:

Karin said...

I think it's quite ok to be addicted to veggies. I am too. ;)
Great that you went to the gym anyway! For some reason I wasn't feeling it either yesterday but went as well. We're fab! haha

Sonia said...

you're full of veg juice! love it. I'm out of fresh produce :(
Cute kitty! Post more cat pics!!

sweetlife said...

Oh yes she did.....
great veggie overload...you can never have too many veggies

sweetlife

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com