Friday, May 7, 2010

Steady

Aaaaaaaaaaand I made it! Sweet, delectable, beautiful, glorious Friday, you're finally mine. I've missed you SO much!

I think we all know how hectic this week has been for me. Saying that I'm glad it's over is an extreme understatement. My brain is tired and I was in desperate need of a break. I plan to spend this weekend focusing on mental recovery and well being. HA! The main goal will be RELAXATION!

Lets talk weight. I'm only down 0.8. Steady as she goes sure has gotten STEADY! Oh well, such is life. Next week is another week. I'm just going to keep going because that's what I do. I go-go-go. Official total weight loss to date is 53.7. ;)

BREAKFAST (meal #1) at 9:00am.
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 cup wheat bran
  • 1 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • (Microwaved and topped with 1 tbs Better N' Peanut Butter, golden/regular raisins and a drizzle of Wildflower honey.)

Uhm, the honey in this was incredible! Sweet, gooey goodness.

Work was busy. Nothing new and exciting to report on that front. I never left for a break. I worked clear through the day to try and get things done. I did manage to stop for lunch though.
:)

LUNCH (meal #2) at 12:30pm.

I had a salad with Spinach + Black Bean Burger + Corn + Sprouts + 1 egg white + Hummus + another drizzle of honey. I know what you're thinking... Honey? YES! It was delicious!

Workety-----workety-----worky-----work-----work........

Guess what! My afternoon got so crazy again that I forgot to eat my snack at 4:00. That's two days in a row now. NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS! By the time I looked up it was past 5:00 and time to leave work. Sigh.

I got my grocery shopping done and out of the way with right after work. By the time I was done with shopping, driving home, putting things away, emptying dishwasher, reloading dishwasher (exciting) and a few other chores, it was nearing 9:00pm. I STILL HADN'T EATEN! Where DID this day go? I swear it was over in the blink of an eye.

DINNER (meal #3) at 9:30. I only had 3 meals again today. I'm not liking this new pattern of mine! Sigh!!

I was DYING for pasta. I boiled a box of spaghetti (Smart Choice) as instructed.

While the pasta was cooking I sauteed some mushrooms until they got nice, soft and tender. I tossed in a can of Mids (basil, mushroom, garlic) sauce and some precooked turkey meatballs. Yeah, I sort of took the easy way out. So sue me. Long week = EASY Friday night dinner.

Oh yeah, this was amazing. Mids sauce is so amazing. If you can find it. BUY IT!

Yep, that wraps up my MEGA exciting day. I'll give you a minute to recover from how AWESOME it was and how EXCITING this post has been.

There is a crazy thunderstorm outside right now. I think I'll crack a window in the bedroom so I can enjoy the sound of rain and get to bed early tonight. I'm feeling exhausted.

Be back with a more chipp-chippery-chippery-doo-dah post tomorrow. I promise. ;)

XOXO
Ildie

4 comments:

Janetha @ meals + moves said...

you MADE IT! yes. i bet you're stoked! "only" 0.8? that is definitely not the right thing to say. a loss is a loss, lady! hell yeah! that sucks you've only been able to eat 3x a day the past couple days. gotta get those meals in and keep the metabolism revved. i hope you get some R&R this weekend. much deserved.

homecookedem said...

I'm so glad that you made it to Friday and now you can RELAX!! :) Way to go on the .8 loss, that is fantastic!!

Your pasta dinner looks incredibly delicious and comforting, yummmmm!! :)

Enjoy your weekend, you deserve lots of relaxation time!!

sweetlife said...

great weight loss....happy dance for you!!!
hey shortcuts on long weeks, there's no wrong there..

sweetlife

Karin said...

I agree with everyone 0.8 is fantastic!! Way to go!!
Your week sounded crazy and I think that a "lazy" dinner was perfectly fine. We all need those!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com