Thursday, May 6, 2010

Office Time Travel

Contrary to popular belief, spending the bulk of your day stuck behind a desk at work is neither enjoyable nor desirable. Especially when it forces you to miss a workout the day before weigh in morning. Grrrrrr! Of course I'm referring to the refreshing 11.5 hours I spent at work today. Holy my goodness! Waaaaaaaaaaaay toooooo long!

This post is going to be short and sweet because my brain is tired and I just want to relax for a bit tonight.

Let's back it up a bit.

BREAKFAST (meal #1) at 9:30am.
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/4 wheat bran
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • (Microwaved and topped with 1 tbs Better N' Peanut Butter and a mix of golden and regular raisins.)


I started eating this bowl at 9:30 and was still eating it at 10:30. I kept stopping to answer emails and would forget about it. It got all cold and weird but I still ate it. I HAD to. It was oatmeal!!

LUNCH (meal #2) at 12:30pm.

It seemed like lunchtime rolled around in the blink of an eye today. It's that rare phenomenon known as "Office Time Travel".

I had a honey wheat FlatOut wrap with spinach, alfalfa sprouts, peppered turkey and smoked ham. On the side I had some sugar snap peas and a SUPER juicy pear.


It was after lunch that I made the WORST DECISION possible. I decided to leave for a bit of a break and went shopping with Ann and Target. WHAT WAS I THINKING!?!?!? Insanity ensued as soon as I got back to the office. I opened my emails and almost passed out.
:-O

I was so engulfed with work that I completely forgot to have my snack at 4:00. INEXCUSABLE! I just had no time. Ann tried to pry me away to go to the gym but I had to pass. I just kept on working... working... working...clear through till almost 8:00pm. Just a lonely little soldier, carrying the email flag for all mankind. HA!

I was STARVING by the time I got home. 8+ hours had passed since my last meal. You all know this is NOT like me. I eat every 3-4 hours on the average. I swear I felt lightheaded.

DINNER (meal #3) at 9:00pm.

I quickly fried (with Pam) up two eggs over easy and also seared some ham lunchmeat in the same pan. I had two open faced lettuce, egg and ham sandwiches on a toasted Ezekiel wheat bun. I need to eat whole eggs more often. I was drooling. These were INCREDIBLE!


On the side I had the snack I was SUPPOSED to have at 4:00. A plain Dannon Greek yogurt with Udi's original granola and some pumpkin butter. Droolworthy. I've never had pumpkin butter with yogurt before. DELICIOUS!


Sadly, this was IT for eats today. I'm super tired (mentally drained) and I think I'm going to call it a night. SORRY IF I HAVEN'T COMMENTED! Trust me, I can't WAIT to get more free time so I can catch up with all of you. Don't you forget about me... Don't...Don't...Don't...Don't...HA!


Tomorrow is Friday. I CAN'T WAIT!

ONE more week before vacation. I CAN DO THIS! ;)

Miss you guys!
XOXOXOXOXO


Ildie

3 comments:

Janetha @ meals + moves said...

EIGHT HOURS?! you poor thing! hang in there!

homecookedem said...

It's Friiiiiiiiiiday!!! Hang in there girl!!

Your breakfast sandwich for dinner looks awesome!!

Sonia said...

oh man that sandwich looks really good- and I don't even eat meat! I'm seriously drooling looking at it. It could be because I need a snack...and I'm at the library chugging sugar free red bull and "studying"...

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com