Tuesday, May 11, 2010

8th wonder of the world...

My morning started extra bright and early today. I had a fun and fantastical doctors appointment at 7:50am. Ladies, you know the one. The one we ALL love and wait for breathlessly every year. I was SUPER excited about it to say the least! (I just lied to you.....)

After my appointment I rushed to the office. I was both starving and anxious to get started on my work. I had a hunch that a lot of emails would be waiting on my arrival. I'm very popular you see!

BREAKFAST (meal #1) at 10:00am.

I had the privilege of a very sexy "almost" empty Better N' Peanut Butter jar again today. YAY! Who knew empty jars could make someone so happy? Not I! Weeeeeeeeeeeeee.


This had 1/2 cup old fashioned oats + 1/4 cup wheat bran + cinnamon + pumpkin pie spice + Splenda + raisins. ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE! I still can't explain WHY oats taste better out of a jar. I just can't. It's like the 8th wonder of the world. A great statue of an oat filled jar should be erected to honor its magnificence. Standing 50 feet tall with a massive copper spoon. Now that my friends, would be something magical!

Considering my late start today, work was semi decent. Could it be? Am I actually starting to get caught up? Do miracles really happen? I believe.... I believe....

LUNCH (meal #2) at 12:30pm.

I indulged in a delicious breakfast wrap for lunch. One of my favorites. 4 egg whites + spinach + vegetable hummus + Sriracha stuffed inside a honey wheat FlatOut. So messy but oh so good!


I also snacked one some Granny Smith apple slices. I forgot how much I love these sour little babies. Crisp, tart and delicious!


While on our break today, Ann and I received the most pleasant surprise. A call from Mama and Papa Babushka. It was the first call we've gotten from them since they left 2.5 weeks ago. Their cell phones don't work in Hungary so we've been emailing instead. I guess they just couldn't STAND IT anymore and had to hear our voices. They're so damn cute!! I can't wait to see them already. Sadly, it will be some time before I do. They come back SUPER late this Friday and I leave SUPER early on Saturday for vacation. It will have to wait until my return. Sigh.. :(

SNACK (meal #3) at 4:15pm.

Plain Dannon Greek yogurt with cinnamon and Udi's cranberry granola. My second of four Udi's granola bags is officially gone. :-O One is also going on vacation with me. I don't know what I'll do when I run out. The stuff is incredible! :)


After work it was time for the gym.

WORKOUT!

Advanced Chest Press (plate loaded)
60lb x 15
50lb x 15
50lb x 15
Lat Pulldown with V-bar (cable)
70lb x 15
60lb x 15
60lb x 15
Face Pull with rope grip (cable)
80lb x 15
80lb x 15
80lb x 15
Seated Chest Press (cable)
75lb x 15
60lb x 15
60lb x 15
Inclined Dumbbell Press
12.5lb x 15
15lb x 15
15lb x 15
One Arm Dumbbell Row
20lb x 15 (each side)
25lb x 15 (each side)
30lb x 15 (each side)

After the strength training we mozzied up to the cardio room only to realize that every single machine was taken. Neither one of us was feeling SUPER PUMPED or motivated today. The full room had us declaring the workout DONE in about 30 milliseconds flat. SHOCKING I KNOW! We never do that...

Total time at gym = 48 minutes (We didn't even break an hour. I think this is a 1st.)
Max HR = 135 (booo)
Average HR = 106 (booo)
Total calories burned = 220 (SUPER booo)


After the gym, we went to feed the kitties at Mama and Papa's and continued our "Mission Clean House" challenge. We're almost done. I know Mama will be very happy to come home to a sparkling house. REMEMBER PAPA, IT'S A SURPRISE... SHHHH!

We're such AMAZING daughters. HA!

SNACK (meal #4) at 7:30pm.

When I got home, I wasn't feeling a shake. Perhaps because I didn't really feel like my half assed attempt at a workout merited a smoothie? Whatever the reason, I didn't make one and instead snacked on some strawberries with fat free whip and a TINY sprinkle of crushed walnuts.


I love berries! I can't wait until raspberries are more affordable. They're my absolute favorite berry. Possibly even favorite fruit!

DINNER (meal #5) at 9:30pm.

I had an eggplant, spinach and avocado sandwich on a sprouted whole grain Ezekiel bun. I cut the eggplants into rounds, salted them and let them sit for 20 minutes before patting them dry to get the bitterness out. I sprayed a pan with PAM, coated the eggplant with a bit of parmesan cheese and basil and baked them for 30 minutes. So easy.


On the side I had a warm green bean salad with leftover green beans from last night, cannellini beans, cherry tomatoes and a bit more avocado. Great flavor and texture combo. The beans were hot and the tomatoes and avocado were cold. YUM!


It's been a long day. I've already been up for 17+ hours and I'm feeling it. Time to sneak in a quick recorded episode of Lost and then I must SLEEP!

Have a great night!
XOXO
Ildie

3 comments:

Sonia said...

So nice of you to clean your parent's house. I can barely keep my own place clean!

homecookedem said...

What a creative sandwich! I love both eggplant and avocados, so I need to try this out!! :)

sweetlife said...

how nice of you to clean your parents house...great dinner..wow girl I almost licked the screen

sweetlife

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com