Monday, May 10, 2010

Shocking Revelation...

Hello lovelies. I hope you're all having a fantastically mundane, repetitive, predictable and boring Monday. Oh wait, that's what my day was like..... I wish the exact opposite for the rest of you.

I feel like this day has slipped right through my clammy little fingers. It's 11:00pm and I just sat down to type out this post. I think we all know what that means. INCREDIBLY FAST RECAP POST! Can-she-do-it? Only time will tell. And heeeere we go!

BREAKFAST (meal #1) at 9:30am.
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/4 wheat bran
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • Splenda
  • (Microwaved and topped with 1 tbs Better N' Peanut Butter and a mix of golden and regular raisins.)


SHOCKING REVELATION: I didn'tt really enjoy my bowl of oats this morning. SAY WHAAA? You all know I'm an oatmeal fanatic. I couldn't believe my taste buds. How dare they! Maybe I eat oats too often? Maybe I'll love them again tomorrow? Just not sure! More research is necessary!!!

LUNCH (meal #2) at 12:00pm.

I had a large salad with spinach + cherry tomatoes + Morning Star Farms black bean burger + leftover sauteed veggies from yesterday's lunch + cannellini beans + spray butter.


After my salad feast, I got caught up on some more work and then Ann and I headed out to World Market on our break. I shouldn't be allowed in that store. I am physically incapable of leaving without purchasing something. Sometimes I contemplate leaving my wallet at work. Perhaps this should be mandatory. Ann, I know you're reading this. I put you in charge of this highly important assignment. WATCH ME CLOSE. I'M STEALTHY AND SNEAKY!

Today's purchases included a bottle of Dutch chocolate wine (YES, CHOCOLATE) and some Banana Bread Beer (YES, BANANA BREAD). I've been dying to try both and no time seemed more perfect than vacation. :)


SNACK (meal #3) at 4:00pm.

Plain Dannon Greek yogurt with Udi's cranberry granola and fresh strawberries for dipping. I had about 5 more strawberries on the side which went unphotographed.


5:00 rolled around in the blink of an eye and we were off to the gym. I felt like I needed a good one. Something to sweat the weekend right out of me!

WORKOUT!

Tricep Pulldown (cable)
80lb x 15
70lb x 15
70lb x 15
Bicep Curls (barbell)
45lb x 15
40lb x 15
35lb x 15
Front Shoulder Raise (barbell)
30lb x 15
25lb x 15
20lb x 15
Hammer Curls (dumbbells)
15lb x 15
12.5lb x 15
12.5lb x 15
Skull Crushers (barbell)
30lb x 15
30lb x 15
30lb x 15
Arnold Press (dumbbells)
15lb x 15
12.5lb x 15
12.5lb x 15
21's (barbell)
30lb x 21
30lb x 21
30lb x 21
Elliptical Cross Trainer
30 minutes, 2.73 miles, levels 6-8

Total time at gym = 1:16
Max HR = 165
Average HR = 142
Total Calories Burned = 625


Afterwards we hustled to Mama and Papa Babushka's house and did the usual ditty. We fed the kitties, got the mail, cleaned up a bit, made sure everything was locked up at least 10x over (to be sure) and called it good.

SNACK (meal #4) at 7:30pm.

I had a Green Goddess Smoothie. Why do people call them monsters? I hardly find spinach to be horrifying. I doubt anyone does except maybe a 5 year old little boy staying with wicked veggie lovin grandma for the weekend. HA! Green Goddess sounds much more appealing to me. This had....

  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
  • 1 very ripe banana
  • 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
  • 3 cups of spinach (not even kidding, I'm on spinach overload today...)
  • a few pieces of frozen mango (maybe 1/2 cup)


Blended to pure perfection. YUM!

DINNER (meal #5) at 9:30pm.

After cleaning myself up Nick and I invaded the kitchen like famished, enraged maniacs. He decided on leftover spaghetti from Friday. I decided on leftover chicken breast from last night accompanied by a lovely pile of green beans and a teeny tiny spinach salad with cherry tomatoes and cannelloni beans. Yes, I just HAD to have more spinach.


Of course the chicken was smothered in Frank's hot sauce.


And there you have it my gorgeous friends. This concludes another magnificent tutorial of all my meals today. RIVETING wasn't it? HA! So how did I do? It's officially 11:38 and I am done typing. I kept getting distracted by the TV. I shouldn't write in the living room! However, I'm not done yet. Now I must retrieve the pictures from my camera, decide which ones I want to use and upload them to the post. Sometimes this step takes me for EVER! I try to be a picture perfectionist. Let's see how long it takes me. Be back in a flash!

Annnnnd I'm back. Official time is 11:59. Sleep beckons me. Goodnight!!

XOXO
Ildie

3 comments:

Karin said...

Oh that wine and beer... me wants!! They sound like they can be amazing (or super gross ;)).
True shocker about the oats! Let us know how today goes. :)

Jennifer@womanvfood said...

Green Goddess is soo much better, why didn't everyone else think of that? Green monster sounds like something that comes out of someone's nose (I'm sorry that's gross that's just how I feel!).

P.S. Please open a salad restaurant in my neighborhood.

Sonia said...

Haha! I've called my Gm's green goddesses too! But nobody ever commented on that :( Let's keep that trend going!
And ohmygosh I love World Market too! I have had that banana bread beer- it is delicious! The wine looks awesome too, I shall have to investigate that.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com