Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Abandoned

Currently enjoying yet another damp, cold and miserable day here in Ohio. Dear Ohio, why must you hate me so? WHY?

I kept fantasizing about food all day today. BAD food like rich pasta dishes, muffins, pastries, croissants, fresh baked breads, cakes, tortes, cookies, pies. I was DYING for something sweet. Something BURSTING with carbs!


No idea where all of these cravings were coming from. Maybe I need more carbs in my life? Either way, I needed to banish these fantasies QUICKLY, before they got the best of me. As soon as I got to work I made a big bowl of sweet, fruity oats.
  • 1/2 cup Irish oats
  • 1 1/2 cup water
  • 1 banana, sliced
  • lots of cinnamon
  • dash pumpkin pie spice
  • dash salt
  • Splenda to taste
  • a mix of frozen peaches, strawberries and blueberries


I cooked this all up in the microwave. Tragically I don't have access to a stove at work. If only... If only... It was delicious none the less and filled me up for hours. DANGEROUS Cravings averted! I WIN! Ha-Ha!

For lunch I brought in some leftover cabbage soup. I swear this soup tastes better every time I eat it. It was so spicy, thick and filling. I enjoyed it with half of an Ezekiel 4:9 wheat bun, sprayed with spray butter. This bowl of goodness had me sweating in my office with a runny nose in no time. If you ever feel like you're getting sick this might be just the medicine you need. I'm pretty sure it will sweat the sick right our of you. You can find the recipe on my Recipes Blog ***HERE***. ;)


Ann was leaving work two hours early today to go to a Cavs game tonight. Lucky slut. HA! Just kidding Annie-boo. Because of this early departure she decided not to leave the office for a break today. So of course I decided to do the same. As you all know, sis and I are ATTACHED AT THE HIP! We work together, workout together, go out together and so on and so forth. It's quite disgusting I assure you.

It was cold outside and I had nowhere I needed to go. Staying at the office just seemed like the best idea. I spent a solid hour with my office door shut, reading blogs and enjoying a second cup of coffee. Oddly enough, it was sort of nice and relaxing. Who knew?

A bit later I enjoyed my afternoon snack. A messy little bowl of yogurt.
  • 1/2 cup of Trader Joe's plain, fat free Greek yogurt
  • 1 apple, diced
  • dash cinnamon
  • sprinkle of Chia seeds
  • sprinkle of pomegranate granola


After work it was off to the gym. I felt so alone... So abandoned... So lost without Ann. HA! All jokes aside, I actually had a stellar workout and feel really good about this one!

Barbell Curls
35lb x 15
30lb x 15
30lb x 15
Tricep Pushdown with straight bar (cable)
80lb x 15
70lb x 15
70lb x 15
Arnold Press (dumbbells)
15lb x 15
15lb x 15
12.5lb x 15
Hammer Curls (dumbbells)
15lb x 15
15lb x 13
12.5lb x 15
Side Raise (dumbbells)
12.5lb x 15
10lb x 15
10lb x 15
Tricep Extension (dumbbells)
12.5lb x 15
12.5lb x 15
12.5lb x 15
Front Raise (dumbbells)
12.5lb x 15
10lb x 15
10lb x 15
Elliptical - 30 minutes
Interval Training
Resistance 6-8
364 calories burned

Nick was visiting his Mama for dinner and then heading to Canton to visit a friend for some big screen video game male bonding "thing". This of course translates into GIRLY NIGHT! I immediately dove into a nice, hot bubble bath.


I also applied a face mask to detox the pores, buffed and moisturized.


AHHHH. IT WAS SO, SO NICE! Sometimes you just have to pamper yourself. By the time my beautification, love thyself session was over I was starving. I decided to have.... Well I was craving a bunch of stuff so I decided to have a bit of everything I wanted. I made a small salad with sweet butter lettuce and the leftover tofu from last night. On the side I had carrots, tomatoes, low fat blue corn chips and spicy hummus. I also baked the Spinach Cake I picked up from Trader Joe's last weekend and had a slice. My plate was jam packed with healthy stuff. Everything was incredibly delicious!


A while later I made a quick and fantastic bowl of pumpkin pudding. TO DIE FOR! I didn't add the cup of milk this time and it turned out MUCH better! It was nice and thick!
  • 1 can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 1 box fat free instant vanilla pudding mix
  • Splenda to taste (or sweetener of choice)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Add all of this to a bowl and stir like crazy. Super easy! I topped this deliciousness with some fat free whip and a sprinkle of pomegranate granola.


SO GOOD! MAKE THIS RIGHT NOW! DON'T THINK... JUST DO IT!

I just lit some candles. I think I might watch a "chick flick", some HGTV or the Food Network. Or maybe my recorded episodes of Say Yes To The Dress. Yes I watch "that" show. What can I say, I'm a sucker for romance. Watching women finally find their wedding dress gets me all weepy and emotional. HA!

I leave you with a lovely piece of Savage Chickens entertainment. HA!

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com