Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The measure of a woman

Midweek hath fallen upon us my blogging sistren (female equivalent of brethren). This has been a slow week and I'm glad it's finally Wednesday evening. As I sit here curled up on my couch under the warm pillowy comfort of my fluffy blanket, I find myself reflecting over my fantastic day. It started out magnificent. First of all, the sun was shinning. YES! THE SUN!!! In Ohio, in Winter. Amazing!


And then another miraculous event took place. Some of you may remember one of my MINI goals (fit into my old red coat) which I was striving for before the end of the year. It was just one of many goals. The more you have, the more you can meet, the more accomplished you feel. SAFETY IN NUMBERS! HA! Well LO and BEHOLD, on a whim this morning I tried it on again and IT FIT... PERFECTLY! OMG! The last time I tried it on was about a month into my "eat clean and workout" lifestyle change which was roughly 4 months ago. There was at LEAST a 5-6 inch gap from end to end that was consumed by my bubbling gut. I couldn't even get it all the way up on my flabby arms. Now look. LOOK!


It's midway through January so it took longer than the end of the year but only by a bit. I shall award myself ONE mini goal completion point.

I also asked Ann to take my measurements this weekend so I can check them every month and track my progress more accurately. Sometimes you don't lose weight but you lose inches. I KNOW I should have done this before I started but better late than never. I also never took an official before picture. I mean there are pictures OF me, sure, but not a solid set of full body shots. I suck! I will do those this weekend as well. The plan is to lose more weight and once the changes are obvious, share both the pictures and the measurements with you all. In the meantime I'll also try and find an older picture. :)

When I got to work today, my HAPPY morning continued. Ann presented me with this beautiful little thing. This was going straight into my bowl of oats this morning. I was SO excited. I LOVE YOU PB2!

  • 1/2 cup Old fashioned oats
  • 1 cup water
  • lots of cinnamon
  • lots of pumpkin pie spice
  • dash salt
  • Splenda to taste
  • 1 banana, sliced
  • 1 tbs (1/2 serving) PB2


Holly freakin deliciousness. This was by far the best bowl of oats I've ever had the pleasure of inhaling (without breathing) while at work. At home is a different story because I can cook them on the stove and go crazy with the ingredients. At work I'm forced to microwave and keep additions to a minimum. No more. NO MORE I SAY!

Lunch was just as good. I made a wrap with a wheat FlatOut, green peppers, butter lettuce, tomato, bread & butter pickles and the spicy Moroccan hummus I made last night.


On our break today, as much as I wanted to AVOID it, I made a mid week run to the grocery store to pick up a few things. Don't you just hate it when you run out of fresh produce/perishables midway through the week? So annoying! Per Ann's suggestion, I'm going to start doing my shopping on Sunday mornings instead of Friday's after work. This should insure that I have fresh ingredients to get me through the work week. Next week will be the true test I suppose.

My afternoon snack was delicious. It was another slap you in the face mama style bowl of yum-yum.
  • 4oz cup Oikos
  • Splenda to Taste
  • Sprinkle Cinnamon
  • 1 protein carrot "cake"
  • A sprinkle of Just Granola brand pomegranate granola
  • 1 tbs (1/2 serving) PB2


Hold me.... I could CRY because that's how good it was. I ate it slowly. Lovingly savoring every decadent little bite. SO GOOD!

After work it was off to the gym for my daily sweat session.

Barbell Curls
30lb x 15
30lb x 15
30lb x 15
Arnold Curls
15lb x 15
15lb x 15
15lb x 15
Cable Tricep Pushdown w/ bar
70lb x 15
70lb x 15
70lb x 15
Hammer Curls
12.5lb x 15
12.5lb x 15
12.5lb x 15
Cable Bicep Curl w/ bar
40lb x 8
30lb x 15
30lb x 10
Elliptical - Interval training
Resistance 6-8
30 minutes
373 calories burned

I was feeling weak towards the end. Not sure what that was all about. I was going to do some ab moves next but decided to just head home instead. As soon as I walked in the door I ate a banana (which went un-pictured) to get over my light headed slump.

After I cleaned up I immediately started on dinner. On the menu were pan fried chicken breast (cooked with Pam, not oil) seasoned with garlic salt, fresh cracked black pepper, cayenne & dill. I sliced the chicken and tossed it on top of a bed of spinach for a nice salad. I also added diced pickles, one hard boiled egg, red onion, red pepper flakes, black pepper and spray butter. It was Egg-xel-ente!


I also boiled a bag of edamame and had a serving on the side tossed with sea salt.


Dinner was SO good! To warm up later I made a cozy cup of raspberry tea and had a few Trader Joe's schoolbook cookies as well. I never got around to taking a picture though. Forgive me. ;)

Time to hang with the Mr. Have a great night!

1 comment:

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

You look so SASSY in that red coat! I love it!

Congratulations. :)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com