Thursday, January 14, 2010

I'm bringing sexy back

Hello beautiful people. The sun is shining upon my smiling face again today and I couldn't be happier. Oh sweet rays of sunshine, melt that ugly snow. MELT IT ALL! YEAH!

My evening last night was amusing. Because my coat fits me again, I decided to ransack my closet and drawers before I went to bed. We're talking 11:00 pm when I started people! I spent a good hour trying older clothes on like a maniac. Not everything fit but some things did. It's like shopping and bringing "new" clothes home without ACTUALLY shopping. Brilliant! I'm not a hoarder by any means. I'm a clean freak, organizing fool who LOATHES clutter. NEVER look in my closet though!! I have a hard time letting clothes go. I know that's a bad thing, but hey, it worked out for the best. After my closet adventure I was sporting a little black nightgown with my neon pink, polka dot, fuzzy pajama pants. Horrible combo I know but the nightgown fit and I just HAD to wear it. The pants were necessary because I was freezing! Trying to be sexy and failing miserably is highly amusing according to Nick. HA! (jerk) Whatever! I'm sexy in my own "special" way. It's part of my charm!

Breakfast this morning was a repeat of yesterday and is now my official at work obsession. Oats with PB2.
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 banana, sliced
  • cinnamon
  • pumpkin pie spice
  • dash salt
  • 1 tbs PB2


Sweet scrumptious spoon, you make me swoon. (I'm a poet... In case you didn't know it...)

For lunch I enjoyed another FlatOut wrap. This time I used the light Italian FlatOut and stuffed it with spinach, turkey and bread & butter pickles. On the side I had some edamame. I am obsessed with these tasty, pretty little pods. I could eat this stuff every single day!


For a bit of a break today Ann I went to grab some tea at Barnes & Nobles. It was so nice and relaxing to get out of the office for a bit and SUCK UP some of the glorious sunshine. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! I enjoyed a nice cup of English breakfast tea.


My afternoon snack was another yogurt mess. Getting bored yet? I'm not!
  • 4oz plain Oikos
  • splenda to taste
  • cinnamon
  • 1/2 serving Newman's Own Organics alphabet cookies, crumbled
  • sprinkle of Just Granola brand pomegranate granola
  • 1 tbs PB2


As usual, Ann and I were discussing food and recipes at work again today. I swear eating and working out is all we talk about. And that's when I dropped my BRILLIANT suggestion. "We should go to Trader Joe's this weekend!!" Of course she agreed immediately. The weather will stay nice through the weekend and I've been dying to go back. We plan to workout super early on Saturday, clean up, grab a quick breakfast and head straight there for another shopping extravaganza! OH I CAN'T WAIT! It's well worth the drive to Cleveland!

On that happy note, let's move on to today's workout shall we?

Seated Chest Press (plate loaded)
50lb x 15
50lb x 15
50lb x 15
Inclined Chest Press (plate loaded)
30lb x 12
20lb x 15
20lb x 13
Modular Chest Press (cable)
60lb x 12
50lb x 13
40lb x 15
Ab Machine (cable)
100lb x 20
100lb x 20
100lb x 20
Seated Row (cable)
60lb x 15
60lb x 15
50lb x 15
Face Pull with rope grip (cable)
80lb x 15
80lb x 15
80lb x 15
Situp with 8.8lb plate
x20
x20
x20
Crunches
x20
x20
x20
Elliptical - Interval Training
Levels 8-10
23 minutes
296 calories burned

This workout whooped my butt but I felt so great afterwards. What do you call that? After-workout-glow? No idea, but I love it!

Dinner was simple tonight. I took the leftover chicken breasts that I cooked up last night and decided to make Spicy Thai Noodles. Into a large pan sprayed with Pam I tossed the following.
  • Bag of tri-color slaw mix
  • 2 cups broccoli
  • 4 tbs soy sauce
  • 1 tbs oyster sauce
  • 1 tbs Thai chili paste
  • 1 tbs PB2 (for a hint of peanut flavor)
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • a squirt of EVOO
I sauteed this until tender. In the meantime I brought some water to a boil. Once it was boiling I turned off the heat and added a small serving of linguini style Thai rice noodles. They don't need to be boiled. They cook in about 10 minutes in the water. Just let them hang out until tender.

Once they were done I added them to the slaw mix, tossed in some of the chicken breast (diced) from yesterday and heated it all through again. To finish it all off, I added some sliced green onions. And there you have it. Easy, spicy and delicious Thai noodles.


My sweet tooth was SCREAMING at me later so I indulged just a little with some Newman's Own Organic cookies. I had one hermit cookie and two mini chocolate chip cookies.


They're small I promise. Compare them to my finger. :)


WISH ME LUCK FOR TOMORROW! As you know, I weigh in every Friday morning. I'll update you on my loss (hopefully) as well as the progress of my other 2010 goals tomorrow. Have a great night! Oh, and stay sexy. HA!

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com