Saturday, January 2, 2010

Bring on the games!

Is it Saturday already? My vacation is almost over. NOOOOO!!!! I'm not ready to for this to end yet! I could use another week off. I'm not even kidding!

Anyways. How about we pick up where I left off last night? Sound good? I had a BLAST and I have lots of FIERY and SPARKLY pictures to share.

We SLOWLY drove through the HORRIBLE snow storm and made it to Nick's mom's house safely. The roads were incredibly bad. We didn't see a single plow or salt truck all the way there. BAH! This years tree was even bigger than last years.


We waited on a few friends to show up and then dove into the "decorating". We attached roughly 250 sparklers, 30 roman candles and spinning stars as toppers. Awe, so pretty and violent looking.


The boys were so pleased with the tree that they busted out a Polka. No.... I have no explanation for this.


After the decorations were done we stopped to eat. There was so much food. Here is my plate. Sauerkraut and pork loin, sauerkraut balls, stuffed mushrooms and some cheesy potatoes.


After dinner the boys drug the tree out and tied it safely to the yard before starting the fire.


It took a while for the whole thing to catch fire and get crazy. Honestly, these pictures do it no justice. HA!


The boys played with some more fireworks while the tree continued to burn. ;)


After the tree was burnt to a crisp, we gathered inside and toasted with a little champagne and chatted till almost midnight. We had the best time! The drive home however was SUPER BAD! We made it safely though. YAY!

That was last night, here is today.

For breakfast this morning I had another delicious bowl of oats.
  • 1/2 cup Irish oats
  • 1 cup chocolate Almond Breeze
  • 1/2 banana
  • small handful of raisins
  • 1 tbs coconut flakes
  • dash cinnamon
  • dash salt
  • 2 packets splenda
  • 1 tbs chocolate peanut butter


YUM-YUM! Oats cooked on the stove are SO much better than in the microwave. I wish I had access to a stove at work.

After breakfast Nick and I busted out several board and card games and spent ALL afternoon hanging out in our pajamas. It was so nice to relax and do NOTHING!

At about 2:00 we stopped to make lunch. Nick had leftovers that we brought home from his mom's last night. I had some veggies with hummus, pickles and a chicken breast sandwich on an Ezekiel bun with fat free American cheese and spinach. It was nice to have an extra chicken breast leftover from last night. Both of our lunches were ready in a matter of minutes.


Like some sort of gaming machines we started playing more games and didn't stop until almost 8:00 at night. I don't think either ones of us wanted to set foot outside today. We just wanted to be lazy! Not to mention the high today is 15 degrees. I don't want to be anywhere NEAR that frigid cold weather! It was nice and cozy inside. Basically the entire day was perfect. ;)

For dinner we had Taco Salad (you can find the recipe ***HERE***). I thought I would make it tonight and surprise Nick since we didn't have it on Friday night as usual. It's his favorite.


Well, I think we just decided to play more games. HA! Enjoy the rest of your Saturday night. We're such nerds!!!

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com