Monday, August 10, 2009

Back at it.


I joined a gym just a little over a week ago. Though sore as heck, tired and worn out, I feel ridiculously great all at the same time. How to explain.... I guess I just feel very highly accomplished with myself. The pain tugs at my muscles as a friendly reminder, letting me know that what I'm doing is worth it. We go five days a week and I also work out at home once a week, only taking Sundays off to visit the Family and to relax before going back to my usual work drama. I've also been sleeping better and better as the days go by since joining. I think I needed a way to release every day stress. Now instead of lying awake at night thinking about stupid things, I'm too tired to keep my eyes open. Also, my right leg stopped hurting. There has been a constant dull annoying pain gnawing on it for roughly the past year. More then likely due to my weight gain but I'm not 100% sure. I'm sure sitting on my ass all day at both and work and home was not helping either. I JUST FEEL SO GOOD RIGHT NOW!


The gym, by the way, is fantastic! Ann and I actually have a slight history with the owner. He is a real estate agent and helped my parents sell their old house and purchase their current one. He has taken on many real estate ventures since then and has become quite successful in Barberton. He owns several buildings and businesses. he gym is his little baby passion project though. The man is also a professional body builder. I believe he took 5th in the Arnold World Competition (I think that's what it's called). HE IS A MONSTER! The man is huge. The gym is actually designed to cater to body builders. Ann and I just don't care. It actually reminds us of the Nat which closed down two years ago. Man I miss that place! They do have a cardio room and step and/or jazzercise classes that they offer, but for the most part they just have machines all over the place. Mostly for upper body building. They also have a coffee shop of sorts where you can get protein shakes or a snack after your work out and a lounge area. The building is beautiful. Lots of old style woodwork and architecture and murals on the walls and ceilings. Al (the owner) purchased it in 2005 and has since put 1 million into remodeling it. It used to be an old Church. He kept the stained glass windows and incorporated the theme a bit, but also mixed it with SUPERMAN, whom he loved as a kid. The building is truly magnificent. They are still working on sections of it. The place officially opened two weeks ago today. We were amongst the first few to sign up for a year long membership. Non refundable. Should keep my ass motivated right? HA!

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com