Sunday, August 16, 2009

Vroom Vroom


This was such a busy and fun weekend. I'm worn OUT! Saturday started extra early with laundry and a healthy breakfast. A burrito made of egg whites, salsa and a fat free tortilla. Good stuff and good for you. Then it was off to the gym with Sis. We had a really good workout even though it was extra special HOT in the gym this time around. No AC. Fun stuff. When sweat drips in your eyes, yes, yes it does sting! Then we visited the folks. They were nice enough to grill me up some veggies (Eggplant, zucchini, red onions and peppers) and I stuffed that into a huge pita. Everyone else slammed on chicken and rice but I didn't much mind. The veggies were so yummy!! Then I ran over to my sisters to pick up some sunscreen, ran to CVS and then finally ran home. I found my boyfriend working on his new Mitsubishi EVO 9 in the driveway. It's his baby. I don't blame him. It's a gorgeous car.

So instead of relaxing, I decided to clean out my car. I felt compelled to partake in the car fun. Let me just add that it hasn't been cleaned in roughly a year, AND IT SHOWED! I spent the next hour cleaning the windows, removing the trash, cleaning out my trunk and making it spotless with some Armor-all. Then I attempted to clean it out with my vacuum which proved to be a bad and stressful decision. The thing sucks (get it) and barely picks anything up. So after re-rolling the annoyingly long extension cord and hauling the vacuum back inside, I decided to run down the street to vacuum it at BP. By the time all this was done, It was getting late and I was getting hungry. So I decided to try a new recipe for the first time. A super healthy version of eggplant Parmesan.

This took for ever. HOWEVER, it was delicious!!!! I will be making this again! Then we lounged for a while, exhausted, and finally fell asleep.

Sunday started EVEN earlier. We were up at 7:00 am, packed up a cooler, loaded up the car, slathered on the sunscreen and headed off to Norwalk (Summit Motorsports Park) to watch the 17th annual DSM/EVO Shootout. Amateur racers ran mostly Eagle Talons and Mitsubishi EVO's. Which I find to be hilarious since my boyfriend owns one of each at the moment. His Talon will be for sale sometime in the near future. This was like his personal little piece of paradise event. I had a good time though. Loud cars, fast racing, nice hot weather and cold beers. 64 calorie beer for me of course. We drank in the car on the down low between races, shhh. And we also packed a bit of a healthy picnic.

We were there from roughly 9 to 3-ish. I think pigtails were a bad idea. The sun was so INTENSE all day and I think the high was 90! It felt like 100 up on the bleachers though. The back of my neck burned. AGHHHH! IT WAS SO HOT! I thought I put the sunscreen everywhere but the sun was beating on my back the whole time so I'm not surprised. BAH!

We then made the long ride home and crashed on the couch. Basically I am physically incapable of doing a single more thing this weekend. There is just no way. Soooooo sleeeeeppppyyyy nooooow.

Ya, time to go. Look at my eyes. My poor tired and blood shot eyes. I bid you goodnight!

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com