Monday, December 14, 2009

A day or WAITING!

ONLY 7 more days left to work before my GLORIOUS Winter vacation. OH I CAN'T WAIT! I told you guys that my giddy joy-joy levels would rise as the day grew closer. You have been officially warned for the second time now. This will only get worse! I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping too. I'm probably at about 80% which is pretty freaking good for me. Almost shocking really!

As you know I spent most of my day yesterday organizing, moving furniture, putting out more Christmas decorations and cleaning. I swear I still smell like Lysol. By the time I sat down to eat dinner, write yesterdays post and get caught up on some blog reading it was nearing 10:00. By the time I looked up it was nearing 1:00 AM and Nick was passed out beside me. CRAP! I had no idea it was that late. Needless to say I woke up SUPER tired and was dragging my feet all morning.

Then I get to work only to find out that the server crashed sometime on Sunday during an update and the project database we use for EVERYTHING is down because of it. This is bad! Very, very bad! I read my emails, saved what I could and was then forced to stop, wait... wait... wait... but it was still down an hour later. I HAVE SO MUCH TO GET DONE BEFORE MY WINTER BREAK! This couldn't have happened at a worse time. To make myself feel better I went to make breakfast. YUMMY OATS AGAIN!
  • 1/2 cup Irish oats
  • 1 cup water
  • dash salt
  • dash pumpkin pie spice
  • heavy dash cinnamon
  • dried cherries
  • golden raisins
  • sweetened coconut flakes


Okay, it's official, I am in LOVE with Irish oats. I plan to stock up the next time I go grocery shopping. It has a much creamier and smoother consistency than regular oatmeal in my opinion. Very good!

Waiting....waiting.... (work piling up, unable to process)waiting.... waiting on the server to come back up! And then we get this status email at 10:30 from IT which left me speechless. "SQL Server was rebooted this weekend. After reboot, data since April is missing. We are working on retrieving the backup now!" THIS WAS VERY BAD NEWS PEOPLE!

I was STILL waiting as 12:00 rolled around. The work on my desk had doubled since the morning and there was nothing I could do about it. Fun stuff! Time for lunch I guess. :)

I let out all of my frustrations on this poor little salad. JABBING it with my fork. Stabbing the delicious little beans and tomatoes with wild fury. For some reason it made me feel a bit better. JUST A BIT THOUGH! Probably because it was so freakin delicious!
  • iceberg lettuce
  • baby arugula
  • lima beans
  • black beans
  • Morning Star Farms black bean burger
  • spray butter


I found myself STILL WAITING at 12:30! Ann and I figured we may as well leave for a bit and at least get some Christmas shopping done so I can feel somewhat productive today. I still needed to get something for my coworker and I knew I could get her done easily enough. We hit up Pier One and I wrapped her up in a mater of minutes. Easy Peasy! Now I'm probably at about 90% done. YAY!

We got back to work at 1:30 and you will never believe this, WE WERE STILL WAITING! Wow! I was officially scared. I kept thinking, what if they can't retrieve all of the lost data? It would cause complete, chaotic, catastrophic lunacy here in the office. But then, like an early Christmas miracle, all was restored at about 2:00 PM. YEAH! Back to NONSTOP work it was until a mini break for my afternoon snack at about 4:00. I had a plain Oikos yogurt cup with POM arils and a sliced banana. TASTY TREAT!


Then I worked my little fingers to the bone until 5:00 and headed straight to the gym. Without Ann. She got stuck at work. SUCKS! I can finally get back into weight training again. The arm is all better. It's peeling and somewhat scary looking but the soreness is all gone. The new plan of action for my workouts will consist of about 30 minutes of weights/machines (at least) and 30 minutes of cardio. I think all the cardio last week really helped with my weight loss so I want to keep that up. Here is the workout...

Elliptical
Interval training, level 3, 30 min., 358 calories
Situps with 10lb ball
x20
x20
x20
(it was at this point that Ann showed up, YAY...)
Ab Machine (Cable)
80lb x 20
90lb x 15
V-Bar Lateral Pulldown (Cable)
50lb x 20
60lb x 15
70lb x 10
High Row (plate loaded)
70lb x 20
80lb x 18
90lb x 12
Low Row (plate loaded)
30lb x 15
40lb x 12
50lb x 12
Face Pull with rope grip (Cable)
60lb x 20
70lb x 15
80lb x 10

I WAS WHOPPED! When I got home Nick was still working on the threshold/door situation. Men and their little projects around the house amuse me. "Oh, this is simple" they say. "Oh I can have this done in less then an hour" they say. That is never the case though, which I find to be hilarious. I let him do his thing though because he enjoys it. He has already purchased like 4 new tools to help him on this grand adventure. EXCUSES excuses!

I took a nice relaxing bath and then pondered over dinner. And then it came to me! PANCAKES! Simple, quick, delicious and filling. Perfect! Nick was game so I quickly made up some regular store brought batter for him and made his pancakes first. He doesn't like my healthy ones. He likes his fluffy and he thinks they're too dense. I think he's just too crazy to appreciate their perfection! Here is what went into my mix.

Into the blender went the usuals...
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 4 egg whites
  • splash of vanilla Almond Breeze
  • dash salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • dash cinnamon
  • dash pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 banana, sliced
I blended till smooth and then stirred in the following right before pouring them into the pan...
  • 2 tbs sweetened coconut
  • dried cherries
  • golden raisins
SO YUMMY! I topped them with a bit more dried fruits, coconut, sugar free syrup and a bit of pumpkin butter. DROOLING!


So uhm yeah, my throat soreness was getting worse as the evening progressed. SUCKS! I made a large cup of raspberry tea to try and soothe it.


I also enjoyed some Trader Joe's cinnamon schoolbook cookies on the side. I love these things with hot tea...


Alright, that's it, my pillow is calling my name now... Hav a great evening.

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com