Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Short and Sweet...

Just like me because I am indeed both short AND sweet. Italic ;)

No, seriously though, what the title means is that today's post is going to be a quick one. To make a looooooong story short, today has been busy day mixed with a sprinkle of mental exhaustion, drizzled with a dash of stress and topped off with sickness. Sounds FUN right? Yeah, not so much! I was very busy at work and found myself staying over to try and get things done. So in turn I go to the gym late, got home late and to top it all off, I'm not feeling all that hot. :(Italic

I will however do a quick recap of my daily eats with pictures. Now matter how busy I am, somehow I always manage to make time for picture taking. It's truly sort of amazing. Especially on a day like today.

Breakfast was the usual... Irish oats with cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, banana, coconut flakes and apricot preserves. Yep, I still love it!


Lunch was a tasty roast beef sandwich on an Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted whole grain bun with arugula and a tomato. On the side I had some tomato wedges and a sliced honeycrisp apple. DELICIOUS! I am now officially hooked on these Ezekiel buns!!


My afternoon snack was Oikos Greek yogurt, POM arils and a Kashi dark chocolate cookie crumbled on top.


When I finally managed to get out of work it was off to the gym. I decided to go even though I wasn't feeling well. NO EXCUSES right? Since it was late I only did a hard hitting 30 minute session on the Elliptical. I did the interval training at level 3 and burned 361 calories. Not bad, not bad at all.

When I got home I whipped together this delicious and QUICK salad. I was not in the cooking mood and Nick was at his moms for dinner anyways. Here is what went into the mix.
  • Sweet Butter Lettuce
  • Arugula
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • Green onions
  • Chick Peas
  • Morning Star Farms black bean burger
  • Spray butter
  • Red pepper flakes
  • Salt & pepper
It was so good! I ate every last bite.


I was also craving pop so I made a quick bottle of diet cola on my FANTASTIC SodaStream pop maker. So EASY! I filled a bottle with water and screwed it onto the pop maker.


I pushed the button repeatedly with short little bursts until I heard about 5 beeps. I like to make the pop supper fizzy. LOOK.... BUBBLES....


Then I filled the measuring cap with the cola flavored syrup like so...


Then I poured it into the fizzy water bottle...


Then I made this mess...


And there you have it, tasty pop! :)

Even though I was feeling funky, my appetite was in FULL force tonight. About an hour after dinner I couldn't stop thinking about yogurt. Weird right? So I made up a tasty little bowl to banish this craving.
  • Oikos
  • Banana
  • Golden raisins
  • Kashi granola
  • Trader Joe's Pumpkin Butter


MMM. I love OIKOS!

Well that's it folks. Now I'm going to curl up on the couch for a bit and then take my butt to bed. I NEED MORE SLEEP so I can get better!

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com