Sunday, December 20, 2009

Oh the torture!

I wrote a little poem. Would you like to hear it? Well here it goes.

Jingle, jingle jangle, holiday hop
All the lunatics like to shop
At the last minute, yall beware
Make no eye contact, NEVER stare
Running with carts and rabid eyes
Watch your back, I tell no lies
They'll knock you over without regret
This is a warning, not a threat
Finish your shopping before it's too late
Make a list, there's no time to wait
Time's a tic-tockin, good luck to you all
Whatever you do, DON'T GO to the Mall!!

:)

Okay, enough with the silliness. Lets talk about breakfast. It was nice, simple and quick this morning. I had a toasted english muffin with spray butter, 4 egg whites seasoned with salt and pepper and a banana, sliced and smeared with some of my pumpkin bite mix (trying to use it all up, I hate wasting food). Of course this was enjoyed with a delicious cup of caramel drizzle flavored coffee. YUM!


After breakfast I did some blog reading, cleaned the house up a bit, packed a salad to take with me for lunch and also loaded the car up with the presents I wrapped yesterday. I was due at my Mama's by 1:00 and I wanted to take the presents over there now so I would have less to haul on Thursday. We get together with the folks on Christmas Eve every year for the annual CHRISTMAS PRESENT TEARING EXTRAVAGANZA! OHHH, I can't wait! :)

When I arrived, my Papa helped me take the presents inside. His little eyes were wild with excitement. HA! They had me beat though. Their presents were already wrapped all pretty and neatly stacked under the tree. OH THE TORTURE!

Lunch was delicious. It was a salad with sweet butter lettuce, green onions, chick peas, black bean burger, spray butter, red pepper flakes and black pepper. YUM.


I also brought over the last of my pumpkin mixture. Like I said before, I hate wasting food and I would've never been able to finish this all on my own. I made four little servings of the pudding and covered them with crumbled animal crackers, fat free whip and cinnamon. Not bad... Not bad... My Mama said it was a bit bitter and I agree. I never noticed because I was usually adding just a bit of it to something else. I think I may have used too much vanilla. It was still good though.


When I got home I found Nick in the basement working on yet another project. He was wiring a light down there to also work with the switch at the top of the stairs. SWEET! I hate my scary, dark, ugly basement. Having more light down there helps a lot! ;)

His brother Dan called earlier and it looks like we'll be having company later. The very last episode of the Rally Race is on this evening and the boys are incapable of controlling their excitement. I'm glad Dan is coming over. I can't get into it like he does and Nick likes to discuss the race in great detail every time it's on. Shhhhh, don't tell him but I never know what he's talking about. HA! ;)

For dinner I only had to worry about myself. My Mama sent home some of her famous bean soup for Nick. I love the stuff but no way can I indulge in such decadence!! Instead I decided to have an odd mix of this and that for dinner. I wasn't super hungry. I had a toasted Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted whole grain bun with fat free strawberry preserves and pumpkin butter.


I also cut up a huge apple. Gotta get my fruit intake in for the day!!


Odd mix I know, but it was yummy.

For a bit of a treat later I had a cup of sugar cookie tea. I liked it but it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. I actually thought that it tasted better once it cooled off just a bit.


I enjoyed the tea with a Cheeky Cherry Chocolate granola bar from 18Rabbits. Uhm, holy WOW. This bar is ridiculously delicious! I WANT MORE! I don't even think they sell this brand around here. I will have to research, locate and stock up if I can find it. LOVE IT! This gets a 10 out of 10. And let me reiterate again, this brand is SO YUMMY! Go get some!


Alright, our guest is here so I must bid you goodnight and go pretend that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Rally Racing. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad, but I FAR from love it. ;)

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com