Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Winds gusting are disgusting...

Hello beautiful people. I hope your day is going well. It's excruciatingly UGLY here in Ohio again today. The sort of day that makes me want to curl up in bed with a magazine, a cup of coffee and Oliver kitty and never leave my house. But alas I had to go to work and make some sweet-sweet cash to pay for all those lovely bills that insist on appearing in my mailbox every month. Being a grown up isn't as much fun as I thought it would be as a kid. If only I could go back in time!!!

Then again, that might be a BAD idea. HA!

Breakfast today was the always delectable oatmeal mix.
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1 banana, sliced
  • 1 tbs unsweetened cocoa
  • dash cinnamon
  • splenda to taste
  • dash salt
  • a sprinkle of chia seeds
  • 2 tbs sugar free apricot preserves


Oatmeal, you COMPLETE ME!

Lunch today was just as delicious. I had a wrap made with a low carb La Tortilla brand tortilla, roast beef, sweet butter lettuce, spicy mustard and spray butter.


I also had some green beans on the side with spray butter,which I shared with Ann. One bag is WAY TOO MUCH for one person. I mean I love green beans but NO WAY can I eat a whole bag.


At lunch Ann and I parted ways again. IT WAS TRAGIC AND MY HEART ACHED because we could not spend it together. However, the unavoidable CRAPPY SNOW is around the corner and I NEED to get all of my Christmas shopping done before it hits! I am NOT a fan of having to go out and about just to go shopping when the roads are slick! I HATE SNOW!

What I do NOT hate it that I accomplished a lot of my Christmas shopping today. The list is dwindling away. I can now see the end of my deal finding, crowd diving, hurry-hurry, find this, find that, get a good deal mission! ALMOST DONE! YAY!

My afternoon snack was a blueberry Chobani. Yep, I love this one too! Creamy, full of good flavor and I just love how the fruit is on the bottom of all of these flavored cups! Another winning 10 out of 10!


After work we decided to take the back roads to the gym instead of the highway. The weather here is CRAZY today. The winds are gusting at 60 mph. and it's been raining/snowing for most of the afternoon. The wind is really crazy. For a while I thought (hoped) that we may lose power at the office. No such luck though. HA! If anyone is familiar with the rush hour traffic on 77 in the Akron area, you know WHY we decided to not partake in the insanity! We lost roughly 10 minutes or so by avoiding the highways. Not bad. My car was being smacked around the entire time though. I hated every moment of the drive! I NEED TO MOVE TO ARIZONA!

Now on to the workout....

Elliptical
30 min., weight loss setting, level 2, 338 calories
Bike
15 min., random setting, level 5, 102 calories
Treadmill
5 min., cool-down at 3.2 speed
Crunches with 8lb ball
x20
x20

When I got home I found Nick in the very familiar comforter wrapped burrito position on the couch again. His nose is red, raw and runny, his eyes are watering and he looks like misery's best friend "agony". Tissues are scattered about, the TV is on mute and all the lights are dim. This can't be good! He didn't make it in to work again today either. I picked him up some medicine at lunch. I made him take some right away. Lets hope it helps!! :(

I also came home to this lovely bar and coupon from Bear Naked. I've heard good things and I can't wait to try this granola bar. Thanks Bear Naked! ;)


I decided to keep dinner simple tonight. Chicken Fajitas sounded good! I sliced up some yellow onions, green onions, green peppers and tossed them in a pan with salt, pepper & fajita seasoning. I cooked them on medium heat for about 10 minutes until tender and set them aside. I then added sliced chicken breasts into the same pan and cooked them for about 10 more minutes. I tossed the veggies back in with the chicken to heat them through. DONE! Dinner in less than 30 minutes.

I made a nice wrap using a wheat Flat Out. I also added tomatoes and avocados and fat free shredded american cheese to the mix. I had the wrap with a small side salad topped with the rest of the tomatoes and avocado slices. YUM!


Alright folks, that it. Have a goodnight.

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com