Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sneaky Songs!

Well, it's happened. And it happened SO FAST that I didn't even catch it till after I realized it was already going on! I started listening to Christmas music in my car!! Which wouldn't be so bad if I didn't sing it like a maniac with a little wicked smile on my face. Gesturing the hands all violently and bobbing my head all hap-happily-like. HA! Christmas music is such feel good music in my opinion. I can't listen to it without getting all cozy inside. This really is the best time of year!


Breakfast today was another simple "quick grab in the morning" situation. I had am AppleBerry VitaTop and I was going to have this granny smith apple. However, I got so distracted with work that I only had the VitaTop. What can you do?


Lunch today was SO YUM! I had a salad with the following.
  • Spinach
  • dried cherries
  • cherry tomatoes
  • black beans
  • toasted english muffin "croutons"
  • spray butter


I don't know what it is with salads lately but I can't get enough of them. LOVED IT!

After lunch I worked for a bit longer and then Ann and I managed to get out on a break for a bit. We were on a MAD MISSION today. We ran to the bank, grocery store and a "SECRET PLACE FOR MAMA'S BIRTHDAY PRESENT" (shhhhh) and still got back within an hour. I have NO IDEA how we did this. Do you believe in magic? La La La La La Laaaaa......

HA! I LOVE GOB!!!! I MISS Arested Development so much!! ;)

The afternoon snack was the TYPICAL yogurt mess. Am I boring you yet? Well I don't care because it's DELICIOUS! I had it with a 4oz container of plain Oikos, POM Arils and a chocolate brownie Clif Kidz Bar. It was good but not as good as they are with the VitaTops.


After work we were off to the gym. The people (animals) on the highways today were a particular breed of crazy. Sometimes I think the time we save by avoiding the back roads isn't worth the stress. C'est La Vie.

Anyways, here is our workout.

Seated Shoulder Press

Weight of machine x 20
+10lb x 15
+20lb x 12
+30lb x 6
Behind Neck Shoulder Press
20lb x 20
30lb x 15
40lb x 12
Front Dumbbell raise
5lb x 25
7.5lb x 20
10lb x 15
Side Dumbbell raise
5lb x 20
7.5lb x 20
10lb x 15
Barbell Curls
25lb x 20
30lb x 15
Elliptical
21 min, 220 calories
Treadmill
10 min, 3.2 speed, .52 miles

I decided to keep dinner simple tonight. I had a ripe avocado just screaming to be eaten so I felt obliged to consume its deliciousness. A sandwich sounded like the best, fastest and easiest solution. I spread a wedge of light laughing cow cheese on two slices of rye bread and added roast beef. I sprayed both slices with spray butter and toasted the sandwich in a skillet till golden. I then added half of the avocado and also made a small side salad with spinach and the other half of the avocado. OH SO GOOD!


For a bit of a treat later I made my new obsession again. Pumpkin pudding.
  • 1 can pureed pumpkin
  • 1 cup vanilla Almond Breeze
  • 1 box sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 2 packets splenda
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • dash nutmeg
  • dash ginger
  • 1 tsp vanilla
I mixed this up till smooth and well blended. SO EASY!! Then I crumbled a 100 calorie pack of graham crackers and layered in the following order. Graham crumbles, pumpkin mix, graham crumbles, more pudding mix and topped it with fat free whip. TA-DAAAA!


This is my new favorite treat!

Now It's time for The Office. Gotta go........ :)

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com