Monday, December 28, 2009

Busy Bee.

Even though I'm off from work this week, I was BUSY today. The snow kept me indoors
and I never made it to the gym. UGH! Just look at it! Disgusting!


However, I didn't sit still for a single second so I'm not feeling too guilty about it. My morning started with a cup of knickerdoodle coffee, with whip and cinnamon of course....


and the most delicious bowl of SUPER CREAMY oats.... In my AWESOME new cat bowl. Another present from Ann. I love it!!
  • 1/2 cup Irish oats
  • 1/2 cup Almond Breeze
  • 3/4 cup water
  • dash salt
  • 2 packets splenda
  • dash cinnamon
  • dash pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 banana, sliced
  • 2 egg whites
  • 2 tbs coconut flakes
  • 1 tbs Trader Joe's pumpkin butter


Holy heck! It was delicious. I've been toying with the idea of adding egg whites to the mix because I keep seeing it in blogland. So I finally did it and boy am I glad I did. It was SO creamy and rich and FILLING!

After breakfast I started cleaning. And I kept cleaning and cleaning AND CLEANING. While cleaning I also started reorganizing furniture and de-cluttering. Before I knew it I was removing curtains and washing them, sweeping, dusting and putting things into storage bins. So much for relaxing and enjoying my time off aye? No matter, I was enjoying it!

Before I knew it lunchtime had come and gone. I was so into the cleaning frenzy that I lost all track of time. I quickly made myself a warm and toasted wrap using a wheat FlatOut. I stuffed it with leftover egg roll filling, fat free american cheese and toasted it all up in a pan which I simply sprayed with a bit of Pam. Easy peasy. On the side I had some roasted garlic hummus, raw veggies and pretzels. I also had a bit of chili sauce which I used as a dip for the wrap. Lunch was amazing!


After lunch I cleaned myself up, put my pajamas on and sat down for a bit. In no less than 10 minutes I was changing again because all of a sudden shoveling the snow off of the LONG driveway sounded like a good idea. I was OUT OF CONTROL! I just couldn't sit still I tell you!! I was outside shoveling for roughly 45 minutes. I was SOAKED by the time I got inside. I changed into my pajamas (again), lit some candles, pured myself a nice glass of cherry wine and FINALLY decided to relax for the rest of the night.


It was right about at this time that Nick got home from work. Perfect timing I guess. :)

Dinner was already planned out for the evening. I was making stuffed pepper soup and I couldn't wait to start making it. It was my first time attempting the recipe but it sounded easy enough. As usual I planned to make a healthy pot for me and a regular pot for Nick. The only difference being that I would use Morning Star Farms grounds for me and regular ground beef for Nick.

Here is what you will need...
  • 2 servings Morning Star Farms grounds (for me)
  • 1/2 lb ground beef (for Nick)
  • 1 cup cooked Basmati rice
  • 2 cups chicken stock
  • 2 large cans tomato sauce
  • 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
  • 2 green bell peppers, chopped
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • dash cayenne
  • dash smoked paprika
  • dash garlic powder
I cooked up the Morning Star Farm grounds with a medium onion. I also cooked up the beef for Nick the same way. (my mix is pictured below)


Once cooked, I poured one can of Tomato sauce into each pot and one cup of chicken stock.


Next I diced up one green pepper for each pot and tossed them into the mix.


I then added roughly a half cup of Basmati rice into each pot.


Then I seasoned each pot with salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne. I let the flavors marinade for about 30 minutes on low heat and made sure that the peppers were nice and tender.

And there you have it. Rich, chunky, stuffed pepper soup. SO EASY and delicious!


I also had a slice of wheat bread on the side with spray butter.


I'm off to hang with this lazy beast...


and the Mr. Have a great night everyone!

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com