Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Frazzle dazzle

Do you ever get frazzled? Sometimes I just feel like I'm trying to do too much at once and I can't really seem to get anything done. When I get like this I find it hard to focus and then the stress sets in. The ticking clock stares at me with its evil face and moving hands, reminding me every day that time is running out. The short week at work is wearing on me a bit.... Clearly, HA! Apologies, I got all serious on you there for a second! Trust me, I am NOT a serious person.

Now we can move on to PURE UNADULTERATED happy talk about FOOD! YAY FOR FOOD! Breakfast was yummy... The all too familiar oats mix, of course.
  • 1/2 cup Irish oats
  • 1 1/2 cup water
  • dash cinnamon
  • 1 tbs unsweetened cocoa
  • 1 serving dried cherries
  • 1/2 banana, sliced


After breakfast I engaged in more titillating work excitement and agonizingly watched the time drag by. What a long day!! BAH!

Lunch was a repeat of yesterday but this time I remembered the Morning Star Farms black bean burger. I forgot my plate at home again so I ate out my very classy Tupperware one more time. I have the worst memory but I guess 1 out of 2 isn't bad. The salad was SO GOOD! I made it with sweet butter lettuce, tomato, dill pickles and the burger patty, topped with spray butter of course. The pickles tasted excellent in the salad. WHO KNEW?


I also had a toasted english muffin on the side. Delish!


After I ate, Ann I did some more insane running around. Ann had to go back to Macy's yet again. I don't want to talk about it! HA! Then we ran to Jo-Ann Fabrics so I could pick Nick's mom up a little something for Christmas. AND THEN we made a quick run to Aldi as well because Ann is addicted to their dried cherries. I'm serious. She panics when she runs out!

Then it was back to work to watch the slooooooooooooow hand on the clock move inch by inch again until 5:00, which seemed like an eternity away.

My afternoon snack was Oikos plain yogurt with splenda, cinnamon, banana and chia seeds. It was a delicious mess!


As soon as 5:00 FINALLY rolled around we got the hot heck out of work and headed to the gym. The workout was quicker than usual but good none the less.

Lateral pulldown (straight bar)
40lb x 20
50lb x 18
60lb x 15
70lb x 5
Low Row (plate loaded)
30lb x 15
40lb x 15
50lb x 12
High Row (plate loaded)
50lb x 18
70lb x 12
80lb x 12
Barbell Curls
20lb x 20
25lb x 18
30lb x 15
35lb x 10
Elliptical
20 minutes, 244 calories, Interval training (levels 5 & 8)

When I got home Nick was headed out the door to visit his mom. Since I only had to worry about myself for dinner tonight I decided to just have everything that I was craving. Which was another ODD mix of this and that.

what was I craving? Roasted veggies!!!! So I roasted up some yellow squash, mushrooms and brussel sprouts.


What else was I craving? Sweet potato!!!! I just had to indulge in this craving. I've been thinking about it for days!


And last but not least, I wanted some laughing cow cheese mixed with Trader Joe's cran-apple butter, which I had on an Ezekiel bun.


ALL together now....


Weird mix I know but it was freaking delicious!

Now I'm going to hurry up and try to finish up my last two recorded episodes of So You Think You Can Dance. Someone already won this season and I don't even know who it is!!! THIS IS ABSURD AND UNACCEPTABLE!

Have a great evening!

TOMORROW IS MY LAST DAY OF WORK before my vacation. OMG! I AM SO EXCITED THAT I CAN BARELY FREAKIN STAND IT!

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com