Sunday, December 27, 2009

Frankie Said "Relax"

But I refused to listen. I instead started my morning by cleaning the house, doing three loads of laundry, emptying and loading the dishwasher and making breakfast. I guess I woke up feeling energized??? Breakfast was yummy. I toasted an Ezekiel bun and topped each half with pan seared ham lunch meat, 2 egg whites, a 1/2 slice of fat free American cheese and "bunny" cracked black pepper.


Two sneaky little bunny rabbits watched me eat my delicious breakfast sandwiches.

Another adorable and awesome present from Ann. SO CUTE. It's a pair of black pepper and sea salt grinders that are magnetic so I can keep them on my fridge. LOVE THEM! ;)

After breakfast I decided to get dressed and head to the gym. I guess I was still unable to relax! I was checking out the weather forecast for next week and it's not looking good! They're calling for snow every single day except Wed. The white death marathon will start tonight at about 6:00 pm. BAH! I figured I better go get a workout in while I still can!!

Once again I focused on cardio. It was weird being there without Ann. This was the first time since we joined that I was completely on my own. She had holiday plans with her boyfriends family today. I was able to hustle and get in and out quickly though which was nice.

Elliptical - Interval training
30 minutes at 5-7 resistance
20 minutes at 7-9 resistance
10 minutes at 9-12 resistance
Total of 715 calories burned (AWE YEAH!)

After the workout I was feeling good, weak, cold and pukish all at the same time. Signs of a good workout I dare say. HA! After the gym I ran to the grocery store to pick up a few random things that we needed. By the time I got home I was STARVING! I quickly made lunch. I had a toasted English muffin sandwich with hummus, arugula and pastrami. On the side I had veggies, more hummus, brussel sprouts and bread & butter pickles. So good! I LOVE bread and butter pickles!!


After lunch I finally got to relax for a bit. I collapsed on the couch with a comforter and lay there like a bum for a solid two hours. I loved every single second of it. When 7:00 rolled around I started prepping dinner. On the fabulous menu tonight were my veggie egg rolls and Bangkok curry soup. I can't claim the soup though, that came pre-packaged. ;)

The egg roll recipe is super EASY and healthy. Into a pot toss the following...
  • 1 bag of tri-color coleslaw mix
  • 1 cup white mushrooms, chopped fine
  • 1 cup Morning Star Farms meal started grounds
  • 2 tbs low sodium soy sauce
  • 2 tbs teriyaki sauce
  • 1 tbs Thai chili paste
  • 1 tbs oyster sauce
  • 1/4 cup green onions, chopped fine
Let this cook for about 15 minutes until the veggies soften up and the flavors love on each other. While the mixture is cooking beat one egg white and get your egg roll wrappers ready by brushing the edges with the egg white. Fill each egg roll wrap with the veggie mixture. Add as much as you like but keep in mind that the more you add the harder they will be to roll. Add the rolls into a frying pan with a bit of olive oil and cook on medium heat until all sides are nice and toasted. I don't deep fry mine for obvious reasons. I want to keep them as healthy as possible. I've actually baked them before as well and they turned out really good. Nick begged me to brown them up in a bit of olive oil though so I gave in. I think this was the first time I cooked anything in olive oil in roughly 4 months. He should feel special!! :)

Dinner was delicious, spicy and flavorful! We both loved it!!


I dipped the egg rolls in some spicy, sweet chili sauce. YUM!


After dinner I took a nice long bath and Nick got ready to visit his friends in Canton. A friend from high school that he hasn't see in years was in town for the holidays and the boys were gathering at our friend Blairs house to catch up. I hate that he was heading out and driving as far as he was because it started snowing a few hours ago. STUPID SNOW! He promised to be careful though! HE BETTER BE!

After my bath I was craving a yogurt mess like crazy. Into a bowl went plain Oikos, a small banana, a handful of pomegranate granola, coconut flakes and a spoonful of pumpkin butter. YUMMMMMMMMMM!!


I think I'll watch a sappy tear jerker movie since Nick is leaving. I could use a good sissy cry session! HA!

Have a great night!!

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com