Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Season spirits sprinkled with sickness

I would like to start today off with a little poem to get you into the SPIRIT of the season. I wrote it about two years ago and I think it's very fitting.

Santa's Bake Shop...

Candy coated confections and lollypops
Sugary smothered treats and gooey gumdrops
Chocolate syrup fountains drip-dripping, oh my
Caramel scented truffle trees bloom near by
The air is full of laughter as I skip
Beside the honey river, my hands I dip
In its rich currants, so smooth and sweet
Magic sprinkled pastries I begin to eat
Decadent coco lava dripping on my chin
Such joy filling my taste buds should be a sin
Ribbons of candy dance about like ruffled lace
Melting into golden wrappers with delicate grace
Fluffy marshmallow rain drops land at my feet
I begin swirl-a-swirling in this decadent treat
Peppermint candy cane arches begin to sprout
Creme covered cupcake mountains all about
I'm feeling all giddy, Fa, la, la, la laa I sing
My sugar mustache shines as I climb a twizler swing
Yummy gummy rope that tastes just like raspberry
Maybe it's cherry, who cares, I'm so MERRY!
Flying back and forth on my super sugar high
I'll never leave this place, where do I apply?

Breakfast was the usual ooey gooey hot mess of goodness.
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1 cup water
  • dash cinnamon
  • dash salt
  • 1 banana, sliced
  • splenda to taste
  • 2 tbs boysenberry preserves


I enjoyed this with a cup of coffee and an entire bottle of water. I CAN DO THIS GALLON ON WATER A DAY THING DANG IT! Once again I had a very productive morning at work and I got a lot of things done. I think the end of the year deadlines are pushing me to get things done and off of my desk faster than usual. I would hate to come back from my lovely 11 day break to piles of insanity! I'm on vacation from the 24th - 3rd. YEAH! OHHHHH I CAN'T WAIT! I'm just GIDDY with anticipation!! I'll just apologize now because my giddy level WILL intensify with each passing day. This is fact! :)

Lunch was awesome and super simple to throw together. I had a nice little salad with the following.
  • Spring mix lettuce
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • Red bell pepper slices
  • Morning Star Farms Black Bean Burger, crumbled
  • Spray butter "dressing"


SO GOOOOOOOOD! I had to resist the urge to lick my plate clean! It got me super full too but not to that GROSS full level. Win-win! Tasty, good for you and filling!

At lunch Ann and I parted ways and I went shopping on my own. We wept a little and hugged a bit before we parted. Lunches spent apart TEAR at our souls I tell ya! HA. Just kidding. I had to get rid of her for a day so I could actually get some Christmas shopping done FOR her! Sort of hard to do when we spend every single lunch break together. Yes... We are IN FACT inseparable! DEAL WITH IT! This will be us when we are older. HAHAHAHA!!


I got her a LOT of nice things at great prices and I have yet to even reach half of our Christmas spending limit. Yeah, that's right, I'm an AMAZING, deal finding, thrifty little machine of a shopper! Hey Ann, only 17 more days until you can RIP into your packages. Can you handle it? I THINK NOT!

My afternoon snack was a VERY delicious peach Chobani yogurt cup. I STILL have like 4 more varieties left from my lovely package of samples that I received over a month ago form these fantastic folks. I better get on with eating them before they go bad because that would be a disaster!! So far my very favorite flavor has been the pineapple, HOWEVER, this is my second favorite! It was so fresh and peachy without being overly sweet or "fake" tasting. It was excellent. This gets a 10 out of 10!


After work it was off to the gym! We had a GREAT session of cardio today. I still can't get on any of the machines or handle any free weights. My arm needs more time to heal.

Elliptical
30 min., uphill challenge, 346 calories
Bike
15 min., random setting, Level 5, 5.2 miles, 100 calories
Treadmill
10 min., 3.2 speed,0.52 miles
And.....
5-10 minute stretching session (THIS FELT SO GOOD!)

When I got home I found poor Nick curled up on the couch in a comforter like a burrito. He actually left work an hour and a half early today because he's getting sick. He was already feeling it yesterday and was up most of the night because of it. Of course the lack of sleep only made the symptoms that much worse for him at work today. Poor guy looked so tired and miserable. :(

I let him sleep on the couch for a bit and took a nice little bubble bath to warm up. Then I started on dinner. I was craving roasted veggies. I cleaned up some brussel sprouts, mushrooms and carrots and tossed them on a cookie sheet. I sprayed them with Pam and seasoned them up with salt and pepper. I baked them at 425 for 40 minutes.


Nick had his with some pan seared smoked hot sausage. I had mine with a black bean burger from Morning Star Farms on an english muffin with a slice of fat free cheese, tomatoes and lettuce. I realize that this is my second black bean burger today but I don't care! I LOVE THESE THINGS!


For a bit of a snack later I decided to try one of the bars I received yesterday from 18Rabbits. Oh my damn!!! It was super YUMMY people. I had the Funky Figs and Cherries (LOVE the name) variety and knew that I would love it as soon as I opened the package. It was moist, dense, rich, bursting with figs, cherries, walnuts, hazelnuts, coconut, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, maple syrup and honey (& probably some other stuff I forgot).


This was seriously one of the best granolas I've ever had. I loved how moist and chewy it was!! This gets an 11+ out 10. :)

Well, I'm going to check on Nick now. Poor guy. Goodnight everyone!!

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com