Saturday, December 5, 2009

From Birthdays to Trailer Parks!

Oh hay there everyone. Today has been A FANTASTIC and LOOOOOOONG day! Seriously, it has just been the BEST day. Here is the complete rundown.

I was up until 2:00 AM last night so I didn't wake up until almost 9:00 AM. I hate starting the day so late but I NEEDED my sleep dang it! When I woke up I hustled and started one some laundry and dishes WHILE my coffee was brewing. Oh I needed caffeine and I needed it BAD! I was brewing the snickerdoodle flavor and it smelled SO good! And you know what? It tasted just as good as it smelled. EXCELLENT! I kept breakfast simple today since time was of the essence. I toasted an english muffin and smeared sugar free apricot jam one side and pumpkin butter on the other. So yummy!


After breakfast I threw my gym clothes on and took off to meet Ann at the gym. We didn't have as much time as usual today because we were due at my moms by noon for her Birthday. The workout consisted of some elliptical torture and the standard and usual leg workouts. I shant bore you with details today..... :)

After the gym I rushed to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription and then flew over to visit the folks for my Mama's Birthday. I think she liked her presents. We got her two poinsettias and a very pretty cracked glass vase and some flowers for it. SO PRETTY!! :)


After the present opening we started on lunch. TACO SALAD! It's like my body CRAVED IT and NEEDED IT because I didn't have it on Friday night as usual. HA! I used Morning Star Farms Rounds to make my mix and everyone else had it with ground turkey. The english muffin was NO LONGER sufficient and I was in desperate need of EDIBLE GOODNESS! Good thing taco salad is so quick and easy to make.

"my meat mixture"
  • morning star farms grounds
  • black beans
  • mushrooms, chopped
  • green onions, chopped
  • taco seasoning
  • dash cayenne
  • salt & pepper to taste
I added the above to a bowl full of shredded romaine, diced tomato, more green onions, fat free cheddar cheese and fat free sour cream. DELICIOUS!


After lunch we played the usual round of games while sipping on coffee. I won some and lost some. I did better then usual so all in all, it went pretty well. HA! When we made lunch I also made pumpkin pudding to have for dessert. IT IS MY NEW OBSESSION! I could eat this stuff every day!

Enough for four LARGE parfaits....
  • 2 cans pumpkin puree
  • 2 boxes sugar free vanilla pudding
  • 2 cups vanilla almond breeze
  • 6 packets splenda
  • LOTS of cinnamon
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 1 tbs vanilla extract
I mixed the above till nice and smooth and then scooped them into 4 large wine glasses. I forgot to bring cinnamon graham crackers so Mama crushed up 1 serving (3/4 cup) of some peanut butter crunch cereal. I layered them in the middle and top of each parfait cup and put them in the fridge to chill for about an hour. When we were ready to eat them we topped them with some fat free whip and DEVOURED them. SO GOOD!


I got home at about 4:00 and RUSHED to clean myself up for Nicks' work Christmas party later tonight. It should be fun. I've met his boss before and he is SO laid back and easy going. Nick is a programmer for a small (6 people total) company. They design websites. They did the Akron Museum. Here is the link. Nice right? I happen to think so! I'm proud of my talented fellow!!

Here is the bracelet I got yesterday to wear tonight...


Here is the necklace...


And here I AM! HI! :)


When we got to the party I was immediately greeted by a glass of wine. Why YEEEESSSSS! Thank you very much indeed kind sir. HA. I love his boss! There were Christmas trees and food platters EVERYWHERE! I love this mans house!! It's slick, modern and artsy with unique furniture everywhere. The most AWESOME part is that this is his office/place of business too. Yeah, ridiculous right? Nick works here!!! His boss owns this huge house in my favorite neighborhood (Highland Square) and he lives upstairs and the office is downstairs. I am GREEN with envy!!

His Christmas "Village".... HA!


Here is some of what I nibbled on. Hummus (yay), pita bread, lamb kabob, chicken kabob and feta phyllo triangles.


I managed to stay away from the FRIED spinach rolls and ALL of the cookies and pies. YAY FOR ME! Did I consume more calories then usual? Of course I did! Am I mad at myself? NOPE! I ate clean, good food and enjoyed some yummy wine. It's OKAY! I had a BLAST!

The inappropriate gift exchange was RIDICULOUS!


Of ALL of the things Nick could have gotten, he got a GOD AWFUL painting of a trailer park aerial. OMG! That is NOT going up on any wall in my house damn it. NO WAY! HA!


He is already talking about wrapping it and re-gifting it. I happen to think that this is a BRILLIANT idea. :)

We got home at about midnight. Though it is not SUPER late I am SUPER exhausted!!!

Tomorrow will be slightly LESS busy but still busy. I'm going to get the third and HOPEFULLY FINAL session of my tattoo done! WISH ME LUCK! We're due there at 1:00 and I'm basically going to sit in that chair until it is COMPLETELY DONE! A major pain session is IN my future for SURE!

Goodnight everyone. I'm in DESPERATE NEED OF SLEEP NOW! ;)

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com