Monday, April 12, 2010

Blog Power!

Another Monday is upon us. Don't fret, if we stick together we can make it! REMEMBER! Stay low and keep focused. Our super bloggy powers will protect us! BLOGGETTES UNITE!

BREAKFAST (meal #1) at 9:30am.

The office was cold (prison like) this morning. The only thing I could think of was warm coffee and steamy, gooey oats. I'm pretty sure that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I swear I wake up thinking about it! Slight obsession, I do declare!
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/4 wheat bran
  • 1 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tbs unsweetened dark cocoa
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • dash pumpkin pie spice
  • Splenda
  • pinch salt
  • (Microwaved and topped with 1 tbs ground flax + 2 tbs sugar free raspberry preserves + 1 tbs Better N' Peanut Butter.)


This warmed me right up. It also got me really full. Too full! Which in turn made me tired. I just felt like slithering into a corner and taking a nap. I also contemplated hiding under my desk. I bet my gym bag would've made a decent pillow. I'm NOT known for my luck though. I'm sure it would've only been a matter of minutes before I was discovered by some nosy coworker. Drooling on myself curled in a fetal position. Pretty picture no? I drank my coffee instead and tried to slap myself awake.

And then it happened. I WON! BY GOLLY I WON SOMETHING! I've never won anything in my entire life. No joke! NOTHING... NADA... Well wait, once I won an autographed football for SOMEONE ELSE! A friend of mine entered my name (along with the name of everyone she knew in the world) for this football that she wanted to win for her brother. Go figure.

But back to MY win now. I don't even know what it is but I'm excited none the less. From my lovely friend at SweetLifeBake. YAY. I'm excited. I can't wait to share what I got with all of you. I adore surprises!

LUNCH (meal #2) at 12:30pm.

I rocked this fabulous salad in my office. Yeah, you can be jealous. I'll allow it.
  • Spring Mix
  • Artichoke hearts
  • Tomato
  • Sugar Snap Peas
  • Bell peppers (red, green, yellow)
  • Hummus
  • Sprouted sunflower seeds
  • Spray Butter


Followed up by this lovely red pear. Looks can be deceiving. It appeared to be perfect but was quite hard. Don't you just hate that?


We fed our Target addiction during our break today. I accidentally ended up with a lovely purple tube top (purchased for vacation) and a sassy little pair of flats. I can't wait to wear them!

SNACK (meal #3) at 4:00pm.

I made a tasty little yogurt mess with plain Greek Dannon + strawberries + a cupcake courtesy of the lovely Ann. She made Naomi's recipe for apple cinnamon protein muffins. The flavor was good but the texture was a bit off. It was too dry. I think Ann followed the recipe for the most part but it just needs a bit of tweaking.


After work it was SWEAT time!

WORKOUT!

Tricep Pushdown (cable with straight bar)
90lb x 8
80lb x 15
70lb x 15
70lb x 15
Bicep Curls (barbell)
45lb x 15
40lb x 15
35lb x 15
35lb x 15
Shoulder Raise (barbell)
30lb x 8
25lb x 15
25lb x 15
20lb x 15
Overhead Tricep Extension (cable with rope grip)
70lb x 8
60lb x 15
60lb x 15
50lb x 15
21's (barbell)
30lb x 21
30lb x 21
25lb x 21
25lb x 21
Standing Military Press (barbell)
40lb x 15
35lb x 15
30lb x 15
25lb x 15
Tricep Extension (barbell + dumbbell)
20lb x 12 (this felt "off" and my form was bad so I switched to dumbbells)
20lb x 15
15lb x 15
Elliptical Cross Trainer
30 minutes, 2.74 miles, intervals of levels 6 & 10

Total time at gym = 1:20
Max HR = 173
Average HR = 142
Calories burned = 671

SNACK (meal #4) at 7:15pm.

I refueled with something that I've been hearing about for weeks now. A chocolate cherry bomb smoothie. I did NOT use Quick chocolate mix though. I used protein powder.
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 scoop chocolate whey protein
  • 1 tbs sugar free Torani chocolate syrup
  • 14 frozen cherries
  • 1 cup ice
Blended to pure cherry perfection. Yummy!


Nick was slaving away in the kitchen with his dinner. He was making pierogies (which were swimming in oil) with sauteed peppers and onions. It smelled magnificent but I refrained from indulging. I enjoyed a nice healthy meal instead.

DINNER (meal #5) at 9:30pm.

I sauteed broccoli + cauliflower + sugar snap peas + radishes + bell peppers in Pam + Spray Butter and seasoned them with garlic powder & S+P.


I also made a quick burger with a Morning Star Farms black bean burger on an Ezekiel bun with swiss + hummus + low carb ketchup.


A bit later I had a MINI indulgence. I made a cup of blood orange cranberry tea and enjoyed them with a small handful of CUTE alphabet cinnamon cookies.


I can't seem to keep my eyes open right now. I may have passed out for a second before hitting publish. I think I better go to bed!!

Goodnight my lovelies. Be back tomorrow!!
XOXO

Ildie

6 comments:

Sonia said...

Yesss we have overcome Monday! haha. Congrats on winning something! I entered my first ever bloggy contests today :)
Peirogi sounds awesome- what was in it?? I had a Polish nanny when I was younger and she used to make them for me with blueberries inside. To Die For.

Karin said...

Ildie, would you please like to explain to us how you know what a prison feels like? Hmmm??? ;)
Congrats on winning some goodies though - I won my first giveaway the other day and almost danced ;).

homecookedem said...

Yum, everything just looks so good! From breakfast to dinner - you have good taste in food! :)

Yelena said...

Love the bloggies unite line! I felt like I was being pulled into some kind of a cult- which sounds good enough to me!

I love all your meals- so delicious! Unsweetened cocoa powder makes the world better!

I also loved your comments- it's not normal unless we are a little bit sore- true!

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

Ildie, you are so strong! I could never lift that much weight. Tell me your secrets! You are rocking that strength workout!

sweetlife said...

ya!! i got your boxed almost done...your gonna love it!!

sweetlife

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com