Friday, April 2, 2010

VICTORIOUS!

It's been such gorgeous day today! It's warm, sunny and breezy. Oh, and it's FRIDAY! WIN-WIN! As predicted, I had an uneasy nights sleep but woke up feeling much better. I can't let some stupid random encounter with a shady stranger dampen my spirit. Not all things are in our control. In a way you just have to accept that and live your life. I like to think that most people are good. You can't let paranoia run your life!! (I say that now because the sun is shining. Ask me about this again at midnight when I think I "hear" something outside...HA!)

****Drum roll please**** I WON the scale battle this morning. Sweet victory was mine! I lost another 3.4 pounds. This officially puts me over the 50lb mark. To be exact, I've lost 50.2. GO ME!

BREAKFAST (meal #1) at 9:00am.

To celebrate, I had a tasty bowl of chocolate PB&J oatmeal, with a special little addition. I crumbled half of a Nature's Path Chococonut bar into the mix as well. It was like a sweet decadent breakfast concoction of LOVE! So good!
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/4 wheat bran
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1 tbs unsweetened dark cocoa
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • dash apple pie spice
  • pinch salt
  • Splenda to taste
  • (Microwaved and topped with 1 tbs ground flax, 2 tbs sugar free cherry preserves, 1 tbs Better N' Peanut Butter, 1/2 Chococonut bar.)


Pure bowl bliss my friends! BLISS!

My day was a little different today. Breakfast had me so full that I decided to take a break first and then come back and have my lunch later. I just wasn't hungry at 12:30. I ran around and got all of my grocery shopping done first instead. I loaded up on all of the ususals (veggies, fruit, lean meat, low fat dairy etc...) and then headed back to work. Weeeeeeeeeeeee! I got back to work at about 1:30 and decided to have my lunch!

LUNCH (meal #2) at 1:45pm.

I had the best salad today. Simple yet flavorful. I love non fussy meals!
  • Spinach
  • Tomato
  • Leftover roasted brussel sprouts
  • Morning Star Farms black bean burger
  • Garlic favored sunflower seeds (Kaia Foods brand..YUM)
  • Spray butter


I inhaled this. It was magnificent!

While I was devouring my lunch, I came across the sexiest little email ever. It was the "big guys" letting us know that we can leave at 3:00 today. SWEET! It was already 2:00. :)

MINI SNACK (meal #3) at 3:00pm.


To celebrate our early freedom, Ann and I indulged a bit. I busted out the second sample that I received from Emmy's Organics. Dark Cacao Macaroon's. OMG! I shouldn't have shared with Ann! THEY ARE THAT GOOD! They remind me of a Mounds bar (everything reminds me of a Mounds bar lol) if it were made with dark chocolate! TO DIE FOR! GO GET SOME NOW!!!!!!!! I am in LOVE with them. Not sure I can share the last one with Nick like I did with the Chip Mint flavor. MUWAHAHAHA! It gets an 1365 out of 10. I actually moaned while I ate it. Baby bites at a time to savor the decadence!


DROOL!

I left work in a fury of excitement at 3:00 and hustled home. The air was whizzing through the sunroof and the sun was shinning. I LOVE FRIDAY'S SO MUCH! I got home, put the groceries away, opened some windows and started some early prep work on dinner. I was attempting stuffed pork loin for the first time.

I butterflied the loin and seasoned it with sea salt & black pepper. I then mashed some light swiss Laughing Cow cheese, dried dill, dried rosemary, golden raisins, regular raisins, dried apricots and black pepper in a bowl. I smeared it over the loin and then topped that with chopped fresh spinach. THIS IS WHEN I REALIZED THAT I HAD NO TWINE! BAH! I remedied the situation with roughly 20 toothpicks and some strategically placed foil. :)


I celebrated my brilliance with a lovely glass of wine. Again, I LOVE FRIDAYS!


With dinner basically good to go, I decided to unwind in a hot bath before Nick got home from work. I'm loving this day so far.

SNACK (meal #4) at 6:30.

Nick and I decided to play some board games tonight. We haven't done that in quite some time.


I poured myself another glass of wine (naturally!!) and made a quick snack of fresh strawberries, butter pretzels and a second decadent dark cocoa macaroon from Emmy's Organics. YEP, that's right. Nick didn't want it. I gladly "took care" of the problem by devouring the second piece. LOVE IT!


DINNER (meal #5) at 9:30pm.

After 3 grueling hours of strategic moves and conniving backstabbing, the game was over and we were both ready to feast. I actually popped the loin into the oven at 9:00 so it would be done by the time we were done playing. Perfect timing. We enjoyed the pork with a side of green beans (seasoned with S+P, spray butter and garlic sunflower seeds). I thought it turned out REALLY GOOD! The pork was moist and tender and the filing was a mix of creamy melty goodness. ;)

Of course I also had some magical Sriracha on the side. I love HEAT!


Time for round two of game wars! I SHALL BE VICTORIOUS!

XOXO
Ildie

1 comment:

Lived With Love said...

well done on your loss! amazing, keep it up! any progress pics? :)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com