Thursday, April 1, 2010

He got me!

Ohhh, what a tricky day this has been! My heart is currently palpitating uncontrollably. I'll explain why a bit later. I can tell you now though that it's not a sweet flutter of excitement that has my heart all revved up. Unfortunately it's bursting with woe and worry instead. SIGH!

But FIRST, let's talk about food!

BREAKFAST (meal #1) at 9:00am.

I had the usual decadent bowl of PB&J oatmeal. I adore this mushy mix of yum-yum goodness!
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/4 wheat bran
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • Splenda to taste
  • pinch salt
  • (Microwaved to perfection and topped with 1tbs ground flax, 2 tbs sugar free cherry preserves, 1 tbs Better N' Peanut Butter.)


Enjoyed in my office with a giant cup of coffee. I love breakfast!!

LUNCH (meal #2) at 12:30pm.

I had a tasty egg wrap today. I swear I could eat breakfast food all day long. YEAH! I took a honey wheat FlatOut wrap and stuffed it with 4 egg whites (that I cooked up last night), spinach, roasted garlic hummus and a drizzle of Sriracha. I love this wrap combo. I'm sure you can tell. I have it at LEAST once a week. I guess I take some comfort in repetition. :)


Our break away from the office was full of intrigue and excitement today. I'm lying! We drove to Super Walmart to replenish our Greek yogurt stash. I always need to make sure that I have plenty of crack in the house. You know, for emergencies! I'm all set for a while now.

SNACK (meal #3) at 4:00pm.

I dove into the caramel Oikos the lovely folks from Stonyfield sent to me yesterday. I am in LOVE with this flavor. I prefer plain yogurt but this was something special. It wasn't overly sweet or overwhelming. It had a delicate and subtle caramel flavor. I had it with fresh strawberries and a sprinkle of Udi's vanilla granola. That's some serious love in a bowl right there!


After work I hustled to the gym for my LAST CHANCE WORKOUT before the weekly scheduled Friday morning scale battle. I worked it!!

WORKOUT!

Tricep Pushdown with straight bar (cable)

80lb x 15
70lb x 15 (2 sets)
Bicep Curls (barbell)
40lb x 15
35lb x 15 (2 sets)
Front Raise (barbell)
20lb x 15 (3 sets)
Bicep Curls with straight bar (cable)
40lb x 15 (3 sets)
Skull Crushers (barbell)
25lb x 15 (3 sets)
21's (barbell)
25lb (3 sets)
Side Raise (Dumbbells)
10lb x 15 (3 sets)
Elliptical Cross Trainer
30 minutes, uphill climb, levels 6-18, 2.52 miles

Total time spent at gym = 1:14
Max HR = 168
Average HR = 138
Total calories burned 586


Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

SNACK (meal #4) at 7:00pm.

I made a recovery shake as soon as I got home. Just a simple mix. I wasn't craving a frozen concoction.
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 scoop chocolate peanut butter whey protein
  • 1 tbs sugar free chocolate Torani
  • a handful of ice


Nick was outside playing around with his car. He LOVES working on it. He was finally taking off is Winter tires. We think it's safe now. It was 75 degrees today. YAY! :)

When I sat down to enjoy my shake, I saw the most HORRIFYING SIGHT! The table that my laptop is usually on was laying sideways on the ground and my laptop was laying right next to it. OMG! I immediately dove to rescue it and to make sure that everything was okay. I turned it on and... and... and... the screen was all messed up. The background looked distorted, the mouse wasn't working and I couldn't get it to do anything. OMG!!!!!!!!!! I went outside to get Nick so he could look at it. He is real computer savvy and all that jazz. He checked it out and seemed clueless. Then about 2 minutes after fiddling around with it, he looked at me with a wicked smile and said, it's almost as if someone "messed" with it to trick you. OMG!!! HE GOT ME!!! I fell for his April Fools like a jackass. I immediately attacked him and lovingly wrapped both of my hands around his evil little neck. THAT CUTE JERK! ;)

Here's the jerk getting my laptop back to normal. All he did was change the mouse settings and the background and hid all of my icons. EVIL!! AND CLEVER!


DINNER (meal #5) at 9:00pm.

Nick went back outside to finish up his car and I started on dinner. I decided to roast up a TON of veggies. I LOVE roasted vegetables. I made carrot fries, asparagus, brussel sprouts and white mushrooms. I seasoned them all with pink salt, black pepper, garlic powder and rosemary. I baked them on a Pam covered cookie sheet at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes. I also picked up some turkey cheddar sausages on my break today. I thought they would go perfectly with the veggies. I baked them as well for maybe 20 minutes. Oh my, this was delicious! Enjoyed with some sugar free ketchup and Sriracha on the side.


Dinner was delicious.

Okay, now lets discuss why my blood pressure is currently sky high. Right before Nick came in to eat (he was literally walking towards the side door), a shady looking man wearing a hoodie (hood up even though it's 75 degrees out!!) randomly asked him if he lived here. Nick said yes. The guy just replied with "alright" and then kept walking down the street. Now typically I would think nothing of this, except that it was a little odd. HOWEVER, a coworker of mine who lives VERY close to me told me about a few home burglaries and attempted robberies in people's driveways that happened quite recently. This has me all freaked the funk out. Why would he ask Nick that??? WHY??? It's not like he was asking him for the time, or saying hello. He specifically wanted to know if he lived here. WHYYYY!!??? I've never felt unsafe living here. Not until today.

Our combined paranoia resulted in us making sure that all of the windows and doors were locked and secure. I hate this feeling! It makes me nauseous! I want to be able to trust people. Sadly though, you just can't. I bet I sleep like crap tonight!

So uhm, yeah, sorry to put a damper on this post. Talking about it has actually had a calming effect on my frazzled state. ;) I'm probably over thinking it!!! AND PAPA, I KNOW YOU'RE READING THIS. PLEASE CALM DOWN! WE'RE OKAY! :-)

I'm going to TRY and get some sleep now. Here's to hoping I can!

Oh, and wish me luck for tomorrow morning. I hope I KICK Mr. Scales ass!!! I'm feeling good about it this week. Though that doesn't always mean I'll get the result that I want.

XOXO
Ildie

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com