Saturday, April 24, 2010

"P" is for Productive!

I'm having one of those days where I feel a bit "aged". Like a fine bottle wine, without the fine part. I'm sore, achy, semi tired and physically drained. Perhaps I overdid it at the gym? Perhaps I shouldn't have cleaned the house for 1.5 hours right before heading to the gym? Perhaps it's just the sad and dreary weather outside bumming me out? Or perhaps it's a combination of all of the above AND the fact that I AM "aged"? HA!

Anyway you look at it, I've had one heck of a productive day. Remember that to do list from last night? Let's check in with it shall we?
  1. Clean house - DONE
  2. Laundry - DONE
  3. Empty and load up dishwasher - DONE
  4. Run to Pharmacy - DONE
  5. Morning workout - TACKLED
  6. Feed Mama and Papas' fur babies - DONE
  7. Attempt to bake muffins - I DID IT! (weeeeee)
  8. Make Bomb Dinner & prove that I am a domestic goddess - YOU KNOW IT!
  9. Clean & Organize SCARY closet - DONE (good grief, this was INVOLVED!!!)
  10. Catch up on Blogs & write mine - CLEARLY done. :)
Awe yeah. Just call me the Tackler!!!

First, let's backtrack a bit. I woke up at 8:00 and immediately began to clean the house. I was in one of those moods where I actually wanted to clean. The smell of Pledge makes me happy. Yes, I am crazy, thanks for asking. I cleaned my little heart out (laundry, dishes, dusting, organizing, vacuuming etc...) for over an hour and a half. While listening to music on my MP3 player of course. Music makes everything more fun! My stomach started SCREAMING at me sometime past 9:30 and there was no shutting her up. Time to feed the beast.

BREAKFAST (meal #1) at 9:45am.

I had a cup of coffee in my lovely new cup from Miss. SweetLife. (thanks again)....


And a breakfast sandwich made with a toasted Thomas's everything Bagel Thin + spinach + 3 egg whites (cooked with Pam) + turkey lunch meat (slightly seared in the same pan). I also had a few strawberries on the side.


After feasting I changed for the gym, made a quick trip to the pharmacy and met Ann for a workout at 10:45.

WORKOUT!


Treadmill Warmup
5 min., 5 incline, 3.2 speed
Leg Extensions (cable)
100lb x 15
90lb x 15
90lb x 15
80lb x 15
Seated Leg Curls (cable)
100lb x 15
90lb x 15
80lb x 15
80lb x 15
Inner Thigh Machine (cable)
75lb x 15
75lb x 15
75lb x 15
Outer Thigh Machine (cable)
85lb x 15
85lb x 15
85lb x 15
Hack Squat Machine (plate loaded)
60lb x 15
60lb x 15
60lb x 15
Squats With Straight Bar
45lb x 15
45lb x 15
45lb x 15
55lb x 15
Conventional Deadlifts
65lb x 15
65lb x 15
65lb x 15
Treadmill, 20 minutes, 1.4 miles
I switched it up from walking at 3.2 & running at 5.0. I ran 11 of the 20 minutes. Leg felt okay. I hope I can say the same tomorrow!!
Elliptical Cross Trainer, 11 minutes, 1 mile
I kept it at level 8 the whole time.

Total time at gym = 1:38
Max HR = 183
Average HR = 143
Total Calories Burned = 826 (whoah....)


I got one word for ya. D.R.A.I.N.E.D. What does that spell? Ildie! I was whooped. I had to sit down for a bit before leaving the gym to catch my breath. WHEW!

Afterwards Ann and I ran to feed Mama and Papas' cats and played with their litter box. Good times! Then I dragged my tired butt home and curled up on the couch with a lovely little snackeroo.

SNACK (meal #2) at 1:45pm.

This bowl of yumminess contained plain Dannon Greek yogurt + 5 strawberries + 1/2 banana + a small handful of Udi's original granola. Just what I was craving!


I read a few blogs and perused the wonders of the internet while enjoying this treat. Sitting on the couch just felt so, so right! I had a hard time peeling myself away! When I finally did, MAD baking adventures ensued! MUWAHAHAHAHA!

I decided to attempt protein muffins and I followed ***This*** lovely recipe from Naomi over at One Fit Foodie almost exactly. I added a 1/8 cup of crushed walnuts and I made sure to use 3 tbs of dark cacao per her suggestion. I also used 1tsp cinnamon and 1tsp pumpkin pie spice in place of 1tbs cinnamon. Oh, and I also added 3tbs of Splenda sugar substitute and used chocolate protein powder. Everything else was the same though, I promise! (I used 1 whole egg by the way...)

The recipe was enough for 30 mini muffins. I baked them for 12 minutes EXACTLY in a preheated 350 degree oven. THEN I found out that Nick was not at all interested in "healthy" protein muffins. What the HECK am I going to do with 30 muffins??? HA! Aren't they adorable? Mama feels proud!


While baking, I also made a mega salad for a mega late lunch.

LUNCH (meal #3) at 5:00pm.

This bad boy contained Spinach + Cucumbers + Bean Sprouts + Kumato (certain type of tomato) + Mini Yellow & Red Peppers + Roasted Red Pepper Hummus + Morning Star Farms Black Bean Burger + Green Onions.


Seriously delicious! I barely took breaths between bites.

SNACK (meal #4) at 7:00pm.

Naturally I had to TASTE the mini muffins to be sure that they were acceptable! The verdict? I'M A BAKING GENIUS! So in other words, I can read and follow a recipe and know how to use measuring tools. HA! Well whatever! They were tasty. I had three of them with a warm cup of coffee. It was the perfect snack.


(Nutritional Stats: 32 calories, 3 grams of protein, .6 grams fiber & .8 grams fat in each muffin.)

After powering up on protein, I hesitantly ventured upstairs to tackle my horrific mess of a closet. DA DA DAAAAAAA! Be scared! Be VERY scared!!!

I know I shouldn't show you but....here it is.... :-O Real classy of me to be too lazy to remove the old wallpaper right? I've painted the bedroom 3x now since I've lived here but have yet to redo the closet. I HATE WALLPAPER! I just shut the doors and forget it. CLEARLY! HA! (what you can't see in this picture is the THICK layer of clothes lining the bottom of my closet floor!!! It was BAD!)


I'm such an organized and clean person. I can't explain this closet. Seriously. I just can't!

And here it is after tossing out two full bags of clothes that were UN-saveable and stuffing two boxes and another bag full of clothes that I will be donating. GOOD GRIEF!! How could I let it get so bad? Ridiculous! See the sexy wallpaper? Very sexy grandma right? HA!


After my clothestastic adventure, I started prepping dinner. All of a sudden I was starving.

DINNER (meal #5) at 9:30pm.

I cut an eggplant into 1/2 inch thick rings, sprayed them with Pam and seasoned them with garlic powder + black pepper + cayenne. I baked them at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes (flipping them once) and they were perfect. I topped two of the slices with Munster cheese and made the tastiest sandwich. Ezekiel wheat bun + fat free Miracle Whip + 2 cheesy eggplant slices + spinach + thin slices of cucumber + a slice of a kumato.


I also had some roasted red pepper hummus on the side with more cucumbers and two mini peppers.


This dinner was amazing. The sandwich was a drippy, sloppy, messy perfectly tasty blend of flavors. I have several more slices of eggplant leftover. I can't wait to do something with them tomorrow!

With a full tummy, tired eyes and an exhausted body, I must now bid you goodnight. I'm only capable of two things right now. (a) laying down... (b) nothing... As you can see, blogging doesn't fit into either of those two categories. Sleeeeepy... :)

XoXo

Ildie

5 comments:

Jennifer@womanvfood said...

Hi there, I haven't stopped by your blog for awhile as my life has been a bit hectic and internet-less....but I'm so glad I stopped by! Your pics are looking more and more amazing and I love your food ideas/combos. Humus on salad? What an awesome idea! Fruit quesadilla? Genius!

Chef Dennis Littley said...

what a busy day you had!! YOiur photographer is beautiful as well as the presentation of all your foods!!!Everything looks really tasty..and I must say I love your Muffins!!

homecookedem said...

You sure have been busy!! I always feel beat up after days packed with cleaning, organizing, and working out!! Hope you find some time to relax today!! :)

Lindsay said...

"P" is for Productive is right! Sounds like you had a great day!!! I have been reading your blog for a while your food always looks so yummy!!!

sweetlife said...

what great muffins...love the cup,haha...great dinner..wow girl you went ninja on that closet..

sweetlife

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com