Thursday, April 22, 2010

Jet Setters

Ohhh, so close to Friday that I can taste it but it's not quite here yet. Today started out a bit hectic. I was only working until 11:30 and work was craaaaaaazy busy. I could barely pull myself away long enough to make breakfast, which by the way was inhaled in a matter of minutes.

BREAKFAST (meal #1) at 9:00am.
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/4 wheat bran
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • dash pumpkin pie spice
  • pinch salt
  • Splenda
  • (Microwaved and topped with 1 tbs ground flax + 2 tbs sugar free strawberry preserves + 1 tbs Better N' Peanut Butter.)


Work. Work. Work. Weeeeeee...

I don't know how I managed to but I turned the computer off, pushed my chair in and slithered out of the office just a few minutes past 11:30 like originally planned. I do... I DO believe in miracles!

Ann and I drove to Mama and Papa Babushka's house to hang out with them for a bit. As you know, they're leaving for Hungary today. There's LOTS of excitement in the air!

LUNCH (meal #2) at 12:15pm.

While there, I whipped together a quick lunch. I was STARVING! I made a wrap with 4 egg whites + roasted garlic hummus + spinach + Sriracha.


I also had some red grapes on the side.


After eating, we made sure that they were all packed up and ready to go. They were so happy, nervous, fidgety and ready for their Jet Setting adventure. The original plan was to drive them to the airport and drop them off. However, they made a last minute decision to drive themselves. Those crazy critters. We hugged it out, said our goodbyes and they were off. :)

Afterwards, Ann and I went straight to the gym to get our sweat on.

WORKOUT!

Tricep Pushdown Machine (cable)
80lb x 15
80lb x 15
70lb x 15
Bicep Curls (barbell)
45lb x 12
40lb x 15
35lb x 15
Shoulder Front Raise (barbell)
30lb x 15
25lb x 15
20lb x 15
Skull Crushers (barbell)
30lb x 15
30lb x 15
30lb x 15
Hammer Curls (dumbbell)
20lb x 11 (whew)
15lb x 15
12.5lb x 15
Standing Military Press (barbell)
45lb x 15
40lb x 15
35lb x 15
21's (barbell)
30lb x 21
30lb x 21
30lb x 21
Elliptical Cross Trainer
30 minutes, 2.67 miles, 2 minute intervals at levels 6 & 8

Total time at the gym = 1:13
Max HR = 163
Average HR = 135
Total Calories Burned = 557


After the gym I came home and found a lovely box waiting for me from Sonia at Master Of Her Romaine. AWE SNAP. It's nutritional yeast party time. I finally get to try it. Of course that Miss Sonia went above and beyond and sent me more that agreed upon. Thanks so much Sonia. You're the sweetest! I got some of her favorite tea, a gorgeous little makeup bag, a packet of Jay Robb whey protein, the nutritional yeast (of course), a Kind Bar and a makeup sampler from Mary Kay. THANKS LADY! I love it all.


SNACK (meal #3) at 3:30pm.

I immediately put Mr. Jay Robb to work and made an amazing smoothie.

  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
  • 1 packet of Jay Robb Chocolate whey protein powder
  • 1 tbs sugar free coconut Torani syrup
  • 1/2 cup frozen cherries
  • 1 frozen banana (frozen in chunks so as to not murder my blender)
  • 1 cup ice


Oh man, this smoothie was a good one. Thick too. I was sipping on it for close to 45 minutes. While watching my last recorded episode of Millionaire Matchmaker.

I would like to declare something. Being at home with my remote and my smoothie with a workout already under my belt is so much better than still being at work. I wish I could leave work early every day!!

I grabbed a quick bath and cleaned my messy self up before Nick even got home from work. GLORIOUS! While waiting on him to come home, I contemplated hiding his Wii controllers or perhaps disconnecting something behind the TV to mess with him. In the end I decided that it was probably a bad idea and resisted. Though it would have been amusing to watch him flip out. :)

By the time I came down from my bath, Nick was already positioned on the couch, controller in hand and consumed with the television. HA! He was only going to be home for a bit though. He was meeting his dad and his two younger brothers for dinner to celebrate his brothers Birthdays. They were both born in April. I thought about going as well but in the end, decided against it. The bar food and beer was tempting but I need to be GOOD! Tomorrow is weigh in morning and vacation is right around the corner. Must.....Be.....Good.....

SNACK (meal #4) at 6:00pm.


I had a delicious Fuji apple...


And a cup of coconut mango oolong tea courtesy of the lovely Sonia. YUM! This tea is delicious and smells heavenly! It was so good in fact that I forgot to take a picture of my cup. I'll make up for that by showing you the wrapper. ;)


When Nick took off I dove deep into DVR recorded paradise. I curled up on the couch and watched two episodes of What Not To Wear. Love that show! Makes me cry every time. I'm such a wimp!

DINNER (meal #5) at 8:30pm.

I wanted roasted veggies so I sprayed my trusty cookie sheet with Pam and loaded her up with broccoli and white mushrooms.

At first I had no idea what to actually have with the veggies and then it came to me. I topped the roasted veggies with 1 tbs of nutritional yeast (thanks again and again Sonia), 1/4 cup of Bertoli Arrabiata sauce and a Morning Star Farms black bean burger.


Let me tell you what, this worked BEAUTIFULLY! I devoured my plate. YUM-YUMMERS!

Nick is still gone so I'm going to enjoy some more TV freedom while I still have a chance. I hope the folks are doing okay. They should be well above the Atlantic by now. :)

Have a great night! TOMORROW IS FRIDAY! YAY!

XOXO

Ildie

4 comments:

homecookedem said...

I think you and I might just be foodie twins! Recently my eats are lookin a lot like yours! I think you're rubbin off on me... ;) That's a good thing!! That smoothie looks fabulous!!!!!

Sonia said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad you liked it :) I'm drinking that tea right now too!!

Are your parents bringing you back any cool stuff from Hungary??

Karin said...

I hope they didn't want to leave earlier but were delayed because of that stupid volcano..
But you're such a lovely daughter.. taking time off to pop by their place and say goodbye :).
I wish I could leave work at noon every day too. Why do we have to work until 5pm again?? It's a waste of time!! ;)
Love the goodies that you got. High five for nooch!

sweetlife said...

what agreat swap, hope your parents have a good time

sweetlife

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com