Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Swimming with one arm.

Tuesday has tickled the funny right out of my bones. OYE what a day. Business is really picking up at work and I think there's only one thing left to do. I'm going to have to cloan myself!! I think it's absolutely necessary to make a sassy little "mini me" in order to get it all done.

BREAKFAST (meal #1) at 9:15am.

I fed my face with creamy oats, while working, and replying to emails, and taking notes, and setting up new projects all while crying on the inside. HA!
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/4 wheat bran
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tbs unsweetened dark cocoa
  • dash pumpkin pie spice
  • pinch salt
  • Splenda
  • (Microwaved and topped with 1 tbs ground flax, 2 tbs sugar free cherry preserves, 1 tbs Better N' Peanut Butter)


The sea of emails almost washed over me but I managed to snag a lifeboat long enough to make a tasty lunch.

LUNCH (meal #2) at 12:15pm.

I had a super tasty salad with Spinach, Tomato, Sugar Snap Peas, Bread & Butter Pickles, Sunflower Seeds, a Morning Star Farms black bean burger and some spray butter. Once again inhaled while working. I'M A MACHINE DAMN IT!


I managed to escape later in the afternoon and forced a break. Sometimes you just gotta. The sun was shinning, it was 80 degrees and I needed to feel the warmth on my face. An hour in fresh air made a world of difference. I came back to the office feeling rejuvenated!

SNACK (meal #3) at 4:50pm.


I almost missed my opportunity to snack. IT COULD HAVE BEEN A DISASTER! Since it was later than usual I skipped the apple and only had a plain Dannon Greek yogurt with vanilla granola.


I was trying to keep it light since it was so close to my workout. I hate working out when I feel full.

WORKOUT!

Bench Press with straight bar
45lb x 20
65lb x 12
65lb x 8
Lat Pulldown with V-bar
80lb x 8
70lb x 15
60lb x 15
60lb x 15
Seated Chest Press (cable)
90lb x 8
75lb x 15
75lb x 15
60lb x 15
High Row (plate loaded)
110lb x 15
100lb x 15
90lb x 15
90lb x 15
Dumbbell Fly
10lb x 20 (3 sets)
Elliptical Cross Trainer
20 minutes, intervals at levels 6, 8 & 10, 1.82 miles

Total time at gym = 1:13
Max HR = 166
Average HR = 137
Calories burned = 502


I wasn't as motivated at the gym as usual. I think I was just really ready to go home and relax. The long day had me drained.

SNACK (meal #4) at 7:30pm.

I made a quick recovery protein shake as soon as I got home with unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze, chocolate peanut butter whey protein, water and ice.


My arms and shoulders are actually VERY sore today. I think it's from the upper body workout I did yesterday. They BURN!

DINNER (meal #5) at 9:00pm.

I've been dying for a sweet potato and finally had one tonight. I topped it with spray butter, sea salt and cinnamon. So so good. I also roasted some broccoli and asparagus to have with it. Somehow protein failed to appear on the plate this evening. Oh well. It was super satisfying!


Random: We're currently watching Mad Men and Nick just said that he liked the show because of the demeaning way that the men talk to the women and the way that the women obediently "behave". Naturally I attacked him. It was absolutely necessary! THE NERVE! HA!

Time to call it a night my lovelies. By brain needs sleep so I can dive right back into work tomorrow. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Tell me about your jobs. You like it? Do you sometimes feel like you're swimming in a never ending pool with one arm? :)

XOXO
Ildie

2 comments:

Karin said...

Sounds like you had a mad party at work ;).
I really like my job though it's sometimes suuuuper busy and sometimes suuuuper boring.

Janetha @ meals + moves said...

wooo. cloning party! i want one too. great job working out even though you were beat. that is dedication!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com