Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Christmas in April!

HI! DID YOU MISS ME? You better have!!! :)

First of all, I would like to start today off with a mini celebratory hip-hopin-Ildie-style-smooth-jerk-your-shoulder-infused-jive. We'll call it the Ildie-Hop for short. I'm not sore today from running yesterday and this makes me SO happy! In fact, even though I felt like my leg was going to explode and fall off during my pathetic 15 minute mile yesterday, today I feel great. I've discovered that I'm a HEAVY runner. I land hard and in no way shape or form look attractive. There will be NO slow motion Baywatch beach running in my near future that's for sure.

HA! :-O

I'm actually swaying back and forth as I type these words while humming some random tune that's stuck in my head? Why? NO idea. Maybe it's the sunshine! Maybe it's the fact that this week is halfway over! Maybe it just because I'm crazy! In the wise words of Papa Babushka, I'll lovingly blame it on my "European Design"!

BREAKFAST (meal #1) at 9:00am.

It rocked as usual. Nothing new to report. Same old bowl of creamy perfection. Why mess with a good thing?
  • 1/2 cup of old fashioned oats
  • 1/4 wheat bran
  • 1/12 cups water
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • dash pumpkin pie spice
  • pinch salt
  • Splenda
  • (Microwaved and topped with 1 tbs ground flax + 2 tbs sugar free strawberry jam (which I also microwaved and poured on, MM) + 2 tbs Better N' Peanut Butter.)


For those of you who asked, I microwave the above mixture for 2 minutes, stir and then microwave again for another 30 seconds to 1 min. KEEP AN EYE ON IT! I've had explosions at work before and they are not fun to clean up. And yes, this is long enough to cook the oats thoroughly.

We had an office meeting at 11:00am today to discuss how last quarter was and to discuss the outlook for the rest of the year. In other words Blah Blah Blah, we can still do better (amazing isn't it?), let's keep it up, Blah Blah Blah, push for perfection, Blah Blah Blah, give me your souls MUWAHAHAHA, Blah Blah!

LUNCH (meal #2) at 12:30pm.

Lunchtime, crunchtime, munchtime. YEAH! I refueled my will to smile after said meeting with an awesome wrap. Wheat FlatOut + turkey lunch eat + spinach + homemade onion hummus + tomato.


Enjoyed with a few more slices of tomato and some Saaaaxy Waaaaxy beans, sprayed with Spray Butter of course.


Lunch was Duh-Li-Ci-Oh-Soooo-Good!

Ann and I busted out of work for some fresh air on our break today and accidentally ended up at Old Navy. Someone please explain to me what has happened to that store! I used to adore their clothes. Today I wandered aimlessly trying to find at least one thing I liked. Everything looked poorly made, homely, wrinkled and ragged. ???? I don't get it. Naturally I still managed to find ONE $6 clearance item and bought it. Yes, I admit that I have a problem and NO I'm not seeking help for it. It was the one cute thing they had, I swear it. I just HAD to rescue it from that zoo of horribly sad clothing.

SNACKEROO (meal #3) at 4:00pm.

I had "The Stuff" again. The blueberry Dannon Greek crack variety this time. Sprinkled with Udi's cranberry granola for some crunch.


The last hour whizzed by at work and then we were off to the gym. I was feeling it today and had a great workout. I can tell because it looked like I took a bath by the time I left. Gross? Sorry. I speak the truth! :)

WORKOUT!

Leg Extensions (cable)
100lb x 15
90lb x 15
90lb x 15
Seated Leg Curls (cable)
100lb x 15
90lb x 15
80lb x 15
Outer Thigh Machine (cable)
85lb x 15
85lb x 15
85lb x 15
Inner Thigh Machine (cable)
75lb x 15
75lb x 15
75lb x 15
Squats
Body Weight x 15 (3 sets)
Squats With Straight Bar
45lb x 15
45lb x 15
45lb x 15
Conventional Deadlifts With Straight Bar
45lb x 15
65lb x 15
65lb x 15
Treadmill
10 minutes, 1 min. intervals of walking at 3.2 & running at 5.0, .65 miles
(BAH! My leg started hurting 8 minutes in so I walked the last two. BAH! The pain was pretty rough. Here I was bragging earlier about not being sore. I bet I'm singing another song tomorrow.)
Elliptical Cross Trainer
20 minutes, 2 min. intervals of levels 6 & 8. 1.75 miles.
(Yes, I ellipticaled like a fool after the treadmill. I felt okay. Not great but not bad enough that I couldn't do it. Please don't follow my lead on this one. If you feel pain. STOP. I'm known for being stubborn!)

Total Time at gym = 1:17
Max HR = 177
Average HR = 137
Total Calories Burned = 604


WOOOOOOOT! Feeling energized. Weeeeeeeeeeee!

I ran to Mama and Papa Babushka's house after the gym to hang out for a bit. They leave for Hungary tomorrow so I just felt like visiting for a bit. We helped them wrap up some last minute details and then I rushed home. Nick was already hunting in the living room. Joy of all joyous joys!! I bit my tongue, kissed him on the cheek and went to soak in a nice hot bath. As with all things "Man Toy", this too shall pass. One thing's for sure, we better watch the recorded episode of Lost later if he knows what's good for him!!!!!

I skipped the protein shake tonight. It was nearing 8:00pm by the time I got home and I just wasn't feeling it.

After my bath, Nick presented me with a box that arrived for me today. I LOVE MAIL! It was from Bonnie at SweetlifeBake. I won her giveaway a few days ago and I've been looking very forward to this little box of wonder. And full of wonder it was. Lady, you're crazy sweet.


She lovingly wrapped each and every single thing in the box and tied it with a ribbon and even added cute little notes. I felt so special. Like it was Christmas in April. LOVED IT!


Oliver loved it too. Well the empty box anyways. OHH, AN ADVENTURE!


My wild little hands tore (delicately) at the packages and I was amazed at all of the thoughtful goodies.


I received some wonderful teas.


Organic, whole bean coffee, local wildflower honey and this adorable mug. I LOVE MUGS! It's an obsession really.


A tart pan, small loaf pan and two wooden spoons. How did you know I cook with wooden spoons? :)


A bag of pumpkin seeds, dried ancho chiles, Canel's gum and measuring spoons. The measuring spoons say pinch, dash and smidgen. OMG. Adorable!


A SWEET ice tray to properly represent Texas. YEE-HAW!


A pear scented outlet air freshener. It's already plugged in and I love it!


Thanks again! I LOVED EVERYTHING! :)

DINNER (meal #4) at 9:00pm.

I raided my kitchen and came up with a tasty and quick little dinner, done lazy style because I didn't feel like cooking.

I made a small salad with spinach + radishes + bread & butter pickles + pumpkin seeds + spray butter.


I also toasted a Thomas's everything bagel thin and topped it with more spinach + a Morning Star Farms black bean burger + swiss cheese + low car ketchup.


And last but certainly NOT least, I microwaved a tiny little sweet potato, which I sprayed with spray butter and sprinkled with pumpkin pie spice.


SO GOOD!

Alright, it appears as though I won tonight's battle. We're about to watch Lost.

Have a great night! :)
XOXO


Ildie

2 comments:

sweetlife said...

oh I ma so happy you loved everything..man i was worried that pkg took along time to get to ya!! Well so happy your happy you deserve it you rambling sweet girl you..take care

sweetlife

homecookedem said...

What an awesome giveaway prize you won!! That was so thoughtful!! :) Looks like you got lots of cool stuff!! Enjoy!! :)

I love the dannon greek yogurts!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com