My mind raced. What do I blame it on? Too much repetition at the gym? Not drinking enough water? Too many carbs last week? The fact that I'm bloated and PMS'ing like a violent woman on the verge of a full on crazy attack?
But alas, I shall blame it on nothing. Weight loss is a journey. If it were EASY, everyone would be thin and healthy and the diet industry wouldn't exist. Let alone be full of lying, leeching and conniving millionaires.
Okay, enough with the sass talk. Moving on.
BREAKFAST (meal #1) at 10:00am.
Yeah, I said 10:00am. THE HORROR!! I got stuck at my desk again and just couldn't pry myself away to make breakfast. I paid the price for leaving work early yesterday. I came in to a ton of fan mail (email). All demanding my time, attention, amazing detective skills and uncanny ability to respond politely no matter my frustrations. I should've become an actress! Yeah, I'm THAT GOOD!
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 wheat bran
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbs unsweetened dark cacao
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- dash pumpkin pie spice
- pinch salt
- (Microwaved and topped with 1 tbs ground flax + 1 tbs sugar free strawberry jam + 1 tbs Better N' Peanut Butter.)
Ann took the day off from work today. For reasons I cannot explain (please assume that we are obsessed with each other) it made work SUCK even more than usual. I missed you Annie-Boo. Your sweet, psychotic face gives me solace at work. Your concerned and wrinkled little forehead staring back at me while I vent uncontrollably gives me peace. HAHAHA!
LUNCH (meal #2) at 12:00pm.
It was a tasty one. I had a sweet Fuji apple with cinnamon.
A toasted Thomas's everything Bagel Thin with spinach and oven roasted turkey breast.
And a fuzzy little Kiwi.
It was right after feasting on this meal that Ann finally called to let me know that Mama and Papa Babushka had made it safely home to the sacred land (Hungary) and all was well. They were supposed to call her first thing in the morning. The excuse they gave for calling so late you ask? They forgot about us!! SAY WHAT LOL? How can you ever forget about THIS? Your perfect, flawless, chipper, amazing, brilliant, funny one of a kind first born perfect daughter? RIDICULOUS! I guess I can allow it just this one time though. They were jet lagged, starving, tired, delirious and surrounded by tons of family they hadn't seen in 25 years. It better NEVER happen again though!
While chatting, I decided that I had to see Ann. I HAD TO! HA! I had nowhere special to go on my break anyways and she offered to make me a cup of coffee. SOLD! I drove to her apartment and we chatted for a bit.
SNACK (meal #3) at 1:30pm.
We discussed how much I hated her for being off today over a lovely cup coffee and some pretzels.
And then it was back to work.
At 5:00 I got the hot heck out of the office and proceeded to spend a small fortune at the grocery store. I asked them if they accepted kidneys as payment. The look on the cashiers face quickly made me reach for my debit card though. The nerve!
I came home, put all the groceries away, emptied the dishwasher, gave the beast some kitty treats, tossed in a load of laundry, tidied up the house and then finally sat down for a bit.
SNACK (meal #4) at 7:00pm.
Accompanying me on the couch was my new best friend. May I present to you Mr. Rummy Coke Zero...
Yes, it WAS necessary! It's been a long (and special) week and I deserved a little cocktail. I tossed in fresh lemon and lime slices for good measure. Hey, it had fruit in it. HA!
I also consumed a handful (or two or three) of these tasty little reduced fat Wheat Thins.
I sipped on my drink and munched away while catching up on Blog Land. Ahhhhhh Friday evenings.... You complete me!
DINNER (meal #5) at 9:30pm.
Nick was having leftovers so I decided to make a quick and tasty little treat. Not sure what to call it. Fruit Quesadilla? Just follow these easy steps.
- I sliced a Fuji apple into thin slices, sprinkled them with cinnamon and microwaved them for 2 minutes until they became nice and tender.
- I smeared a wedge of light Swiss Laughing Cow Cheese on half of a wheat FlatOut and layered the apples on top.
- I mashed up a very ripe banana and scooped that on top of the apple layer and added a bit more cinnamon.
- I folded the FlatOut in half and toasted it in a frying pan sprayed with Pam on both sides until nice and golden.
- I cut it in half and drizzled wildflower honey over the top.
Enjoyed with a few strawberries on the side. This was incredible. Like having dessert for dinner. The wildflower honey was excellent with the warm apple and mushy bananas. MMMMM! HEAVEN!
It's getting late, and because I'm a lame wimp, going to bed early tonight just sounds amazing. I would FOR ONCE like to wake up early and get a nice head start on my day. There's a lot I want to do tomorrow! I need my beauty/energy sleep!
- Hit the gym.
- Feed Mama and Papas' cats.
- Make a run to the pharmacy.
- Clean the house.
- Organize closet. (scared of this one...)
- Attempt making protein mini muffins. (even more scared. I'm NOT known having baking skills...)
- Cook a tasty dinner. (I've been craving eggplant...)
- Probably some more laundry. (It's like a never ending pile of joy and wonder...)
- Catch up on blogs and write mine at the same time.