Friday, November 13, 2009

Ch Ch Ch, Ha Ha Ha

Well, ladies and gentlemen (Are there any gentlemen reading this? Not sure so I thought I better cover all of my bases.....) this morning was a bit of a bummer. Dirty Mr. Scale was not my friend today. I wouldn't quite call him an EVIL enemy, but currently he's not a friend either. I didn't gain, I didn't lose, I remained EXACTLY where I was last Friday, down to the .0 value. Le-SIGH! Well, now I have to figure out what I did differently last week, if anything at all, and fix it!

I've learned to let the number I see on the scales scary little window be nothing more then a mere reflection of a new challenge. The current number doesn't define who I am. I simply see it as an obstacle towards who I want to be! Like a game I'm determined to win! I can get there. I will get there!!


So with a smile on my face I stepped off Mr. Scale and threatened the following. "Alright old boy, we can play this game!" "Next week I shall be victorious and you will FAIL!!!" And yes, I said this out loud! I hope Nick didn't hear me. He already thinks I'm crazy. HA!

And then I skipped and doo-dahed off to work. Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, Off to work we go........

For breakfast I decided to make a tasty little treat. Open faced apple sandwiches. MM, so yummy!
  • 1 apple, what ever variety you like
  • 1 English muffin
  • 1 wedge of light laughing cow cheese
  • dash cinnamon
  • dash Splenda
I toasted the English muffin just slightly. Just enough to help you spread the cheese a bit more easily. Then I sprinkle a little Splenda on to sweeten the cheese, toped it with thinly sliced apples and cinnamon. The apples that didn't fit I just had on the side. I love this stuff. You can also try it with a pear. Just as tasty!


For lunch I enjoyed a delicious little wrap.
It was simple and flavorful. I love sweet butter lettuce in a wrap! Ann also shared a bit of her leftover brussel sprouts with me. THANKS ANNIE-BOO! They were yum-yum!


I also tried the lemon/lime (Natural Twist) flavor from Zevia to wash all the deliciousness down. I loved it. It was so refreshing and crisp! I must say, so far none of the flavors I have tried have a funny aftertaste. Ladies, I know you know what I mean. Some diet pops just taste "funny". These do not! I thoroughly enjoy them!


The natural twist variety gets a 10 out of 10 for it's simple, fresh, thirst quenching and palate pleasing flavors!

For our break today Ann and I ventured to Penney's for some Christmas browsing and possible shopping. Clearly we are INCAPABLE of doing this separately like I moaned and groaned about in my blog the other day. As typical, Ann wasn't sure about something but bought it anyways. As soon as she paid she decided it was a bad decision. She still left the store with it though....(???) Will she take it back? Hard saying. Odds are 60/40 for a full refund return in my opinion. Now we simply wait and see. HA! (we're all watching you Ann...)

For my afternoon snack I enjoyed a Kashi Trail Mix granola bar. Oh Kashi, it's been too long! I've missed you so! I love all Kashi brand granola bars but the Trail Mix is by far my favorite. Chewy, nutty, moist and jam packed with flavor! I enjoyed it with a nice cup of coffee. Yes, I had two cups today. I'm rebelling!


After work it was off to do my usual Friday afternoon grocery shopping. I loaded up on all of the essential (and healthy) goodies to get us through next week and hustled home for my beloved Taco Salad night. Tonight would be the only time I have to relax for most of this weekend. As I said a few days ago, my weekend is going to be FULL of things to do. We need to clean the garage, assemble a shelf for our tools, rake some serious leaves (hopefully), find time to workout, visit the parents, color my hair, do session two of my tattoo, go out for sushi, do laundry, cook etc.. etc... etc.... Which of course I'm excited about. However, I'm just excited about getting to relax tonight!

We quickly whipped dinner together. I love Friday because Nick takes care of cooking and making his own unhealthy taco and I can just focus on my healthy version. I've tried doing both at the same time and it's just not a good idea. HA! We usually get it all done in 15-20 minutes. BRILLIANT!

My healthy taco "non meat" mix...
  • 2 servings of Morning Star Farms Grounds
  • 1/2 cup of black beans
  • 2 tbs corn
  • 1/4 packet of hot taco seasoning
  • dash cayenne (I LIKE ALL THINGS SPICY!)
  • 1 green onion, chopped
  • a splash of water to keep it all moist
I cook all this up in a medium sized sauce pan for about 10 minutes on medium-low heat. Let all the flavors blend and marinade for a while.

While that is cooking I grab a decent sized bowl and add the following.
  • chopped romaine lettuce
  • 1 small tomato, diced
  • 1/2 of a ripe avocado, diced
  • 1/2 of a small white onion
  • red pepper flakes
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • taco sauce if you like
I pour the "meat" and bean mixture on top, top it with a serving of fat free american cheese and a little fat free sour cream. Voila! Guilt free, meat free taco salad.


You can add baked tortilla chips if you like. At first I missed the crunch a bit. After a while though, I started to enjoy the FRESH flavors of the ingredients so much that I just stopped missing it.

We got caught up on some DVR LOVE while we ate dinner. We're behind on a few shows. The Office being one of them. LOVE IT!


For a bit of a cozy nightcap later, I enjoyed a lovely cup of tea. It was caramel chocolate flavored so I had it with a bit of cream, whip and pumpkin pie spice. It's like sweet dessert in a cup. I love this stuff!


While I sipped the tea, I was also roasting some veggies for tomorrow. I just tossed some baby carrots, yellow squash, mushrooms and brussel sprouts on a cookie sheet. I sprayed them with Pam and seasoned them with garlic salt, pepper, dill and Italian seasoning mix. I wouldn't have time to make anything substantial to take with me for the Family visit tomorrow so I thought I would tackle the task tonight. I plan to hit the gym at about 10:00 AM and then I'll be heading straight over there for a hair coloring session and lunch. I just thought that making something tonight would be easier. You'll get to see the veggies in their pictorial debut tomorrow. :)

Well, that's all I have for the evening. Enjoy the rest of your Friday the 13th. Muahahahahaha!

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com