Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Eagle shall fly again.

Hi my lovelies. I'm enjoying another tantalizingly lovely Tuesday here in gloomy-grey- land. The sun has left us yet again. A rich blanket of funk currently covers the skies above. At least it's trapping in a bit of the heat. The high for today will be 58. Yep, I'll take that, thank you very much!

I woke up feeling fantastic this morning. I think I actually slept through the whole night! I don't recall waking up even once to the usual dull and achy leg pains that haunt me! Rare indeed!! For those of you who don't know, I was hit by a car when I was 9 and broke my right femur. I didn't walk for months after the accident and the leg never healed quite right. I was told I would have problems as I got older. I guess I just considered older to be WAY older then my current age. Guess not! HA! It's not debilitating by any means. This should be obvious considering I work out 5 days a week. It is however, the reason why I don't run. It also starts to ache if I sit or lay for too long. Thus making sleep a "bit" of an issue at times.

Now that the leg woes are all cleared up, let's move on to some tasty foods! Breakfast was another fall explosion, served bowl style.
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1 cup water
  • dash salt
  • dash nutmeg
  • dash cinnamon
  • dash pumpkin pie spice
  • Splenda to taste (use as much as you like or preferred sweetener)
  • 1 banana, sliced
  • 2 tbs pumpkin butter
Oh sweet, steamy, rich bowl of goodness. I love you!


After breakfast I got caught up on some work and finally did some filing. YAY for me!

Lunch was so refreshing. It's been a while since I made a pumpernickel sandwich and I've been craving them like crazy. So today I packed up two slices of bread, a wedge of light laughing cow cheese, red and yellow peppers, red onion, sliced mushrooms and sweet butter lettuce. YUM!


I also enjoyed a jonagold apple on the side. These things are so juicy and sweet. I love them!


For a break today Ann and I decided to once again take a stab at early Christmas shopping. We MUST STOP trying to do this on our lunch breaks during the week. Both of us are way too picky (and indecisive) to find or purchase anything and it always just ends up feeling like a waste of precious time. I think I would have better luck going on my own. No offense Annie-boo. I think us both being unsure of each others selections and saying "I'm just not sure" back and forth is only complicating the process. :)

For my afternoon break today I had the plain Chobani sprinkled with a TON of cinnamon and a dash of Splenda. I missed cinnamon-y plain yogurt. It was SO good!


After work it was off to the gym.

Cable V-bar Lateral Pulldown
40lb x 25
50lb x 22
60lb x 18
70lb x 10
Cable Standing Lateral Pulldown
30lb x 15
35lb x 12
40lb x 5.5
30lb x 12
Row Machine
25lb x 20
35lb x 20
45lb x 16
55lb x 12
Cable Face Pull with rope grip
50lb x 25
60lb x 22
70lb x 20
80lb x 12
Barbell Curls
20lb x 20
25lb x 16
30lb x 12
20lb x 18
Dumbbell Curls
7.5 lb x 15
10lb x 15
12.5lb x 10
Hammer Curls
7.5lb x 18
10lb x 12
12.5lb x 8
One Arm Bent Over Row
15lb x 15 (each arm)
20lb x 15 (each arm)

I arrived home to a dark and quiet house. Nick was at his moms. Ladies and gentlemen, today is a GLORIOUS DAY. Nick is over at his moms so he can park his old car (Eagle Talon) over there. YEAH! I AM SO EXCITED! YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!! That monster of a car shall have one more glory ride before we wrap her up for the winter. He purchased a snug little car cover for it and everything. In a way I think he is sad. He loves that old car. It's a monster I tell you. Fast and Furious, but not LAME like that movie. HA! He plans to do some work to it and then sell it in the Spring. FINGERS CROSSED!

As I walked into the dark house, unexplainable thoughts of that STUPID movie (Paranormal Activities) came flooding into my brain. I'm such an idiot! HA! Why do I watch these stupid movies that only freak me out? I must stop I tell you, I just must!!!

Instead of monsters though, I was greeted by two lovely boxes. YAY! It's like Christmas all the time around here and I love it. I'm so lucky...

I received a package from the lovely people at Xagave. They sent me a ginormous bottle of Xagave along with a cookbook. AWESOME! I can't wait to try this naturally organic, low glycemic index sweetener and let you all know what I think.


The second box was from Amazing Grass. Oh my, amazing indeed. They sent me a bunch of stuff. Energy Bars, Amazing Meal packets, Super Food packets, Wheat grass packets and a lovely shaker cup. Flavors ranging from chocolate, berry and plain to pomegranate mango.

All of their Amazing Meal packets are organic and packed full of plant based proteins!

Their Green Super Food Bars are are raw, cold processed, gluten free, dairy free, vegan and organic as well. They provide more organic whole leaf greens that any other leading super green formula.

I've been dying to try this stuff! The calories and fat are incredibly low which makes them super easy for me to squeeze into my diet. I'm very excited!!

I'm supposed to meet Nick over at his moms in a little bit so he can have a ride home. I quickly cleaned myself up and made a delicious little salad to snack on before I took off.
  • Sweet butter lettuce
  • Red and yellow bell peppers
  • Chick peas
  • Black beans
  • Feta cheese
  • Spray butter (instead of dressing, I'm telling you, it's GOOD!)


While I nibbled on the salad, I decided to make myself a shake to take over there with me. The salad was not going to be sufficient!
  • 2 cups vanilla Almond Breeze
  • 2 banana, sliced
  • 1 cup frozen strawberries
  • 1 cup frozen peaches
  • 2 ice cubes
  • 2 packets splenda
  • 1 packet of Amazing Grass (chocolate amazing meal packet)


Easy peasy. DONE AND DONE! The chocolaty flavor of the amazing meal packet was very tasty. And I felt good about having it. It's jam packed with good for you deliciousness yet manages to stay yummy! I give the chocolate flavored Amazing Meal packet a 9.5 out of 10.

I drove over there and hung out with his mom, her boyfriend and Nick's younger brother for a while. I love his family. They are crazy. Amusing crazy, not the scary kind. :)

By the time we got home it was nearing 11:00. I had to hustle to put this lovely message together for all of you fabulous people. So here you have it. ENJOY! ;)

Goodnight everyone.

1 comment:

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

My husband and I just got some Amazing Grass as well and I loved the Amazing Meal with mangoes and pom. it was delicious!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com