Monday, November 2, 2009

Leftovers rock my world!

Do you know why I fear being off from work, even if just for one day.....? This! HA!


I guess 120 some emails isn't that bad considering that I missed a whole day. It was 12:30 by the time I was finally able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. WHEW! I did manage to sneak away form my desk at about 9:00 though. Just long enough to make this warm and cozy bowl of oats. I missed you so much oats!! I shan't ever go another weekend without you, my beloved!!
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 cup water
  • pinch salt
  • dash cinnamon
  • dash pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tbs Trader Joe's unsweetened cocoa
  • 1 banana, sliced
  • 2 tbs pumpkin butter


I felt better the second I took a bite. Oatmeal has such a comforting and calming effect on me. MM. I love it!

Lunch was just as delicious. I had another veggie sandwich. I can't get enough of this stuff!
  • 2 sliced pumpernickel bread
  • 1 wedge of lite Laughing Cow Cheese
  • a few slices of green bell pepper
  • a handful of spinach leaves
  • 4 slices of tomato

I also enjoyed a delicious Honey Crisp Apple on the side. It was the perfect lunch!

For our break today I had to run to the bank. We also decided to run to the small grocery store halfway across town because Ann claimed they had boneless, skinless chicken breasts on sale for $1.69 a pound on Sunday. Yes, I WILL travel for a deal!! However, once we got there, we realized it must have been a one day sale because they were back up to $3.49 a pound. FAIL! However, when we turned the corner in the dairy isle, we came upon a glorious vision. It was Mama doing her grocery shopping. What are the odds right? HA! I ran up to her with my cart. Just like Ann, she has blinders on when in public and didn't see or acknowledge me till our carts were almost touching. HA! We wandered the store with her and helped her finish her shopping, then said our goodbyes and came back to work. So all in a all, a very enjoyable lunch.

For my afternoon snack, I enjoyed a plain Oikos Greek yogurt with a blueberry wheat muffin from Trader Joe's.


Oh man, this muffin is delicious! I've decided that we will HAVE to go back there one more time before the bad weather settles in. As you all know, I freak out when I have to drive in snow. I'll be lucky to make it to work, let alone drive to Cleveland for some muffins. HA!

I was not at all excited about the gym today. I think my body is still in its semi recuperating stage from Saturday night. And it was cardio day. UGH! However, I sucked it up and did what I had to do.

Treadmill
40 minutes - 2.2 miles - 3.2 speed (trust me, this is fast. I'm short).

Bike
15 minutes - Random setting, uphill - 5.4 miles - Level 5.

Oh yeah, my body hurts! I think I'm still a bit tender from this past Saturday. Good grief, my body must hate me right now! I crawled into my car, drove home and immediately dove into a nice hot bath. I instantly felt better!

After my bath Nick handed me a package. YAY, I got some goodies from Larabar. They sent me 4 of their bars to sample (peanut butter & jelly, tropical fruit tart, lemon bar and cashew cookie) . They all sound amazing and I can't wait to try them! They're a bit higher in calories and fat that I'm used to but not bad overall. I hear great things about them and I'm sure I won't be disappointed.


For dinner Nick was having leftover authentically Hungarian stuffed cabbage courtesy of my lovely Mama. She gave it to Ann on Sunday to bring to me at work today. I obviously did NOT visit the folks this past weekend due to my delicate state. Which I of course felt like crap about. But I did see my Mama today so score 1 for Ildie. :)

I decided to have the leftover chicken tenders from last night. I decided to go the Mexican route. You can never go wrong!!! I quickly cooked up some peppers, purple onions and mushrooms. I tossed them with the chicken and made a wrap using a Flat Out. I also added just a bit of fat free American cheese. One the side I enjoyed some fat free refried beans and the rest of the stuffing that I couldn't squeeze into the wrap. SO GOOD! And so easy! Sometimes I amaze even myself!


After we ate dinner we had planned to watch some House. However, a tragic occurrence took place. His Xbox 360 broke. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS? No more House, no more games for Nick, no more movies watched directly through the computers. SIGH! Nick was so sad. He's going to mail it away and get it repaired for free. Thank goodness he has a warranty!! Unfortunately it will probably take a couple of weeks. SO SAD!

So instead we relaxed on the couch and did some good old fashioned channel flipping. We never watch TV. Almost everything we watch is recorded. It was like a whole new world.

And with that, I bid you goodnight.

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com