Saturday, November 21, 2009

Too busy to eat?

I woke up feeling much better today. AHHH. Must be the magic of Saturday and a good nights rest. I slept like a log last night. The late coffee I just had to have had me up till 2:00 AM though which caused me to sleep in till 9:00. Not cool. I woke up, made a cup of coffee and started working on my grocery list. This may sound crazy but I want to buy not only food to get me through next week, but also the ingredients I will need to make the MANY sides I'm in charge of for Thanksgiving with the Fam. I HATE the mad grocery store rush if you wait too long and go the day before. People get crazy. I'm avoiding it at ALL costs this year. :)

I will be making the following...
  1. Cranberry relish
  2. Garlic mashed red skinned potatoes
  3. Sweet potato and (Acorn + Butternut) squash bake
  4. Roasted brussel sprouts and carrots
  5. Green Bean casserole (Could NOT get out of this unhealthy nightmare)
  6. A Healthy Pumpkin Pie Recipe I found
WHEW! I'll be cooking like a MAD woman all morning. Ann, YOU WILL be helping me, or you don't get to eat any of these tasty goodies. :)


I wasn't very hungry this morning so I decided to just make a quick protein shake for breakfast.
  • 1 cup vanilla Almond Breeze
  • 1 packet velocity vanilla, platinum hydro whey protein powder
  • dash pumpkin pie spice


YUM! The vanilla flavor was sweet and delicious. This gets a 10! Too bad I only received one packet to try. :(

Then it was off to the gym! I was on a mission! A mission to SWEAT DAMN IT! We had a GREAT workout and were there for almost two hours. WOW!

Treadmill (15 minutes)
7.5 min. at 3.2 speed
7.5 min. at 3.4 speed
Seated Leg Curl
65lb x 20
70lb x 18
75lb x 15
80lb x 12
Seated Leg Extension
65lb x 20
70lb x 18
75lb x 15
80lb x 12
Single Leg Press
55lb x 20
70lb x 18
90lb x 15
100lb x 12
Stiff Leg Deadlifts
30lb x 20
40lb x 20
50lb x 20
Barbell Curls
20lb x 20
25lb x 15
30lb x 12
20lb x 15
Crunches with 8lb ball
x20
x20
30 Jumping Jacks
Crunches with 10lb ball
x20
x20
30 Jumping Jacks
Plank
20 seconds
25 seconds
Room Sprint back and forth
x10
Regular Crunches
x20
x20

After the gym I changed in the locker room and went straight to the grocery store. Going early did not make a difference. The place was INSANE! I worked my way through the insanity though and took my sweet time shopping. It was nice not having to rush with it after work. I felt like I had all the time in the world to roam around. All the roaming and extra Thanksgiving purchases SURE DID add up though. I SPENT A FORTUNE! SIGH!

By the time I got home (which was 2:30) I was beat, only to find out that Nick changed his mind about raking the crazy pile of leaves in the back tomorrow and instead wanted to do it today. YAY! I was SO excited! I'm straight up lying to you right now. I've HAD it with raking this year. I did some chores around the house real quick and joined Nick outside at about 3:30. We spent what seemed like an eternity forming a HUGE pile of leaves. Seriously people, I currently have leaf Himalayas in my backyard! I would have taken pictures but by the time we were done, it was dark. Yep, that's right, you heard me correctly. It was DARK! We were outside for like two hours. We plan to pull the leaves into the street tomorrow. We were both too tired to finish it all tonight.

Might I add, I never had lunch, or a snack, or anything!! It was now 5:30 and all I've consumed so far today is a protein shake and some water. I was STARVING, tired and moody. I needed food and I needed it FAST!

So we hustled inside and I IMMEDIATELY started on our lunch-dinner. I picked up some bourbon glazed salmon filets at the store earlier and they sounded PERFECT! Into the oven they went. On the side I decided to make some oven roasted carrots and stuffed baked potatoes. The potatoes were so easy to make. I microwaved a gigantic potato for 5 minutes, cut it in half and scooped out the centers. Into the scooped out potato went the following.....
  • 1 large green onion, chopped
  • 1 wedge of light laughing cow cheese
  • dash sea salt
  • dash black pepper
  • 3 tbs fat free sour cream
  • a few squirts of spray butter
I stuffed this back into the halved potatoes and into the oven they went with all of the other goodies. All of this baked for maybe 20 minutes and then it was FOOD TIME! YEAH!


It all tasted amazing!! I was drooling between bites and giggling like a kid. I can't remember the last time I was this hungry!! I may have moaned. I can't say for sure.


After our delicious meal I took a much needed, loooooong, hot bath (my body hurt). I instantly felt better.

For a treat later I microwaved a Cliff Kidz chocolate brownie bar for 30 seconds. The Sis swears it's delicious microwaved so I tried it. OMG. SHE WAS RIGHT! It was amazing! I had it with a little fat free whip on the side and a perssimon. This was my first time trying one. I loved it. Sweet, juicy, almost reminded me of a super sweet peach.


Now I'm going to curl up on the couch for some House M.D. watching. I just can't get enough I tell you. I CAN'T! We're almost done with season 5. Wow!

Goodnight everyone!!!

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com