Monday, November 23, 2009

Circus.

I walked a tightrope to work (drove on 77 North) and even though I had a few close calls (blind semi driver and morning road rage party participants) I made it in to work okay. I attempted to open a hidden door with my invisible key (electronic door openers we use at work) and entered into a magical land full of joy and wonder. I juggled (read, replied and deleted emails) like a good little performer and oohed and aahed my audience (clients + coworkers) with my magnificence. HA!


I delicately and gracefully swung my magic wand (pen) and made things disappear (crossed things off of my to do list) with the simplest of ease. Then a thick fog filled the air and music began to play and clowns started dangling from the ceilings. Well no, not really. I was trying to make it all a bit more interesting. HA!

What I'm trying to say is that this morning was HECTIC and sometimes I feel like my life is a Circus. And yes, clowns DO freak me out! I mean, just look at this "thing"! EEEK!


Thank goodness it's going to be a short, 3 day workweek. :) YAY!

Breakfast was super fast and super simple. A cup of coffee, a banana and an Appleberry VitaTop. It was still frozen when I grabbed it this morning so I microwaved it for maybe 20 seconds. OH MAN. It was good! Moist, hot, sticky and delicious! I think I will try microwaving the next one I have as well. This one gets a 10 out of 10. It was full of cranberries and blueberries. YUM! Thanks VitaLicious! So far I'm loving ALL of your products! Good stuff!


Look at that fat little cat in the background on my calendar too. I want to SQUEEZE IT!

After breakfast it was back to work. I had a lot to get done this week! I CAN DO IT!

I swear it was noon in the blink of an eye (perhaps I was under a spell...). Time for lunch! I packed a quick salad. Seriously people, it was ridiculous! So simple and so delicious!
  • Sweet Butter Lettuce
  • Roma Tomato, sliced
  • 1 serving of Fake Crab Meat
  • 1 English Muffin, toasted and torn into bite size (crouton) pieces
  • Spray butter


That's it! Nothing was needed. It was so good! I don't know why I never thought about turning an English Muffin into croutons before. They were warm, chewy yet crunchy around the edges. I DO DECLARE! I HAD A MOMENT OF BRILLIANCE THIS MORNING when I thought of this!

For our break today I managed to leave (disappearing act) and got some more Christmas shopping done. OH IT'S ALMOST TREE TIME PEOPLE! I CAN'T STAND IT I TELL YOU! I LOVE CHRISTMAS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My afternoon snack today was a protein shake with 1 cup of vanilla almond breeze and a scoop of chocolate whey protein powder. YUM! Like chocolate milk with a KICK! Why yeeeees, gym fuel CAN be delicious!


Speaking of the gym, here's what I did today.

High Row Machine (plate loaded)
50lb x 25
70lb x 20
90lb x 15
Wide Grip Lateral Pull down
50lb x 20
60lb x 15
70lb x 6
Low Row Machine (plate loaded)
20lb x 20
30lb x 15
40lb x 12
Standing Lateral Pull down (cable)
25lb x 20
30lb x 20
35lb x 12
Treadmill (10 min., .55 miles)
5 min. at 3.2 speed
5 min. at 3.4 speed
Bike (10 min., 3 miles)
Random setting, Level 5
Crunches with 8lb ball
x20
x20
Crunches with 10lb ball
x20
x20
Regular Crunches
x20
x20
Double Leg Raise, Reverse Crunches
x20
x20
Crunches with 8lb ball
x20
x20

It was a good workout. I was in dyer need of a warm beverage when I got home. It was raining, cold and nasty out and I was frozen to the core! I walked into the house and immediately brewed a WHOLE pot of coffee. Bad idea at 7:30 PM? Oh I'M SURE it is. However, I HAD TO HAVE IT! I also picked up these coffee syrups at lunch and I was dying to try them.


Then I started on dinner. I decided on a nice and spicy Indian dish tonight. I picked up a jar of curry simmer sauce from Trader Joe's on our trip a few weeks ago and it sounded perfect. Nice and SPICY. First I made some rice.

  • 1 cup Arborio rice
  • 2 cups water
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • dash cinnamon
  • 1 tsp dash cumin
  • 1 tsp hot curry
  • splash spray butter
I boiled the water, added all of the above and then cooked it on low heat, covered, for 20 minutes.

While the rice was simmering, I added 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite size pieces) into a saucepan and covered it with the curry sauce and one cup water (per the instructions on the jar). Then I added....
  • a bag of frozen cauliflower and broccoli (thawed in microwave)
  • 1/4 cup frozen peas
  • 3 green onions, chopped
  • MORE hot curry powder (oh yeah baby)
I simmered the chicken curry mixture for about 15 minutes. Somehow I managed to finish the rice and the chicken at the same time. It all turned out delicious. The rice was bursting with flavor and the curry chicken was so spicy and tasty. Nick and both slammed. The stuff was so hot it made my nose drip. It was worth it though.


Well, it's time to go. Nick went upstairs to work on his computer and I'm going to sneak in a quick episode of So You Think You Can Dance. I can't seem to catch up this season!!

Have a great night! :)

3 comments:

Janetha @ meals + moves said...

i love your christmas enthusiasm!! and vitatops. hey i have that orange bottle too!

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

I want to try vitatops. They look great!

Jeanne said...

Your circus story made me laugh! And that Trader Joe's curry sauce sounds really good. I'll have to look for that next time I'm there!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com