Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dinner was a winner.

Wicked Wednesday is upon us again. Teasing us with it's halfway mark. It's ALMOST there promises. It's so weird how some weeks just fly by while others forever linger. Unfortunately this has been a loooooooong week so far.

Speaking of TEASING. Check this conversation out between Nick and I.....

Nick - You have never owned one but probably wish you had one, and you definitely NEED one. Trust me IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE. In the same sense as having a dishwasher that now works.
Me - I'm scared, HA! Does it sprakle? Will it swoon me with ROMANCE and sweep me off my feet? HAHA
Nick - You'll wonder how you went your whole life without ever owning one.
Me - Well now I'm just intrigued. You teasing bastard!
Nick - Trust me, you NEED one. Like really need one. You'll also never figure it out. In fact I know you've told me you wish you had one.
Me - WHOAH, that sounds deep!
Nick - Do you have any ideas?
Me - No Freaking Clue!!
Nick - I can tell you what it's not! But I won't. I'll keep you guessing.
Me - OMG! One can not measure my hate for you. It is infinite!
Nick - Shut your damn mouth!
Me - HaHaHaHa!

I did my best to celebrate mid-week by making a delicious bowl of Fall oats for breakfast. Oats always cheer me up!
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 banana sliced
  • 2 tbs pumpkin butter
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • dash cinnamon
  • dash pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tbs Chia Seeds
Yep, this hit the spot just right. It kept me full for hours.


For lunch I had yet another wrap. Are you getting sick of my repetitive lunches yet? Well I'm not, SO THERE!
  • 1 La Tortilla brand tortilla
  • peppered turkey lunch meat
  • shredded cabbage
  • spinach leaves
  • tomato
  • spray butter
And yes, it was tasty, thanks for asking! :)


On our break today we ventured to Barnes & Nobles again for what now appears to be our weekly tea/coffee and magazine reading session. I enjoyed a nice cup of Christmas tea. YUM!


Then it was back to work. I was actually pretty busy today. For my afternoon snack I had a cinnamon infused Oikos Greek Yogurt with a chocolate brownie Clif bar. They tasted so good together! I was drooling!


I managed to get everything I needed to done at work and I was able to leave on time. The gym was somewhat busy today. We had to park quite a ways away, which wasn't a big deal, but WILL BE once snow starts falling. BAH. The gym parking situation sucks.... A lot......

Treadmill
5 min. warmup, 3.2 speed
Barbell Chest Press
35lb x 20
45lb x 15
55lb x 12
65lb x 6
Cable Fly Machine
20lb x 15
20lb x 15
Modular Chest Press
30lb x 25
40lb x 20
50lb x 15
Plate Loaded Tricep Extension
10lb x 10 (HATED THIS)
Cable Tricep pushdown
60lb x 20
70lb x 18
80lb x 15
90lb x 9.5
Inclined Chest Press
Weight of machine x 20
+10lb x 15
+20lb x 9.5

I won't even lie, the workout felt WEAK AS HECK today and I was not at all HAPPY about it. BAH! Ann was ready to leave though because somehow the moves above took us over an hour. NO IDEA how that happened!! So I took my un-workout-satisfied self home feeling a bit distraught. I'll push harder tomorrow!!

I came home to these tasty looking little goodies from Nutridel. Oh yum. I may have to try these tomorrow! The lovely folks from there sent me the Oatmeal and Pecan varieties to sample. I will update on what I think when I get a chance to try them. They look DELICIOUS!


Nick was visiting his friend again so as typical, I decided to have Pancakes for dinner. I added a few new things tonight to make them a bit more special. The overall mission was cheer my self up!
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 3 egg whites
  • splash vanilla almond breeze
  • 1 banana, sliced
  • 2 packets splenda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • dash cinnamon
  • dash pumpkin pie spice
I put the above into my blender and pureed till smooth. I then added the following to the batter and decided not to blend again. I wanted the cakes to to have a bit of a chunky texture.
  • 1 fat free peach fruit cup, minus the juice
  • 2 tbs coconut flakes
This was enough for 3 huge pancakes. I cooked them in a pan with some Pam, topped them with a bit more coconut flakes and fat free syrup. I SHALL CALL THEM PARADISE PANCAKES!


OH MAN! They were good. I absolutely LOVE this flavor combo. The peaches were tender and the coconut was the perfect compliment. Dinner was a winner.. (hey that rhymed)

Nick got home a bit later and I decided to make us some raspberry tea to curl up with. I also enjoyed 2 pieces of Newman's Own Organic Fig Newman's. Seriously people, it's been YEARS since I've enjoyed a fig cookie. It was so good. I love figs, and even though these were fat free, the flavor did not disappoint. They get a SOLID 10 out of 10. It was the perfect little nighttime treat.


Now it's couch cuddle time so I must be off. Have a goodnight everyone!

OH, and I managed to drink 4 bottles instead of 5 today, BUT, I did have two cups of caffeine free tea as well. Sooooo, yeah, I'd say that's close enough to a gallon to call it a successful water day again today. YEAH!

1 comment:

sam said...

Your paradise pancakes are making my mouth water!

Did you ever find out what Nick was talking about. The conversation had me guessing. LOL

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com