Monday, November 9, 2009

Coconuts and spice, and everything nice.

It's Monday yet again. How did that happen? Even more scary, it's November 9th and we're only 18 days away from Thanksgiving and only 46 days away from my beloved Christmas. HOW THE HECK DID THAT HAPPEN? Wasn't it just July? Like a puff of magic, this year is almost over. IN-SANE!

Before you know it, March will be upon us again and I'll be turning 33. Um yeah, that sort of freaks me out... Thanks for asking. HA! The big 3-3. UH OHHHH! Good thing three is my lucky number. How knows, maybe it will be my BEST YEAR EVER!

On to breakfast. I enjoyed another scrumptious bowl of what I've lovingly named paradise oats. Not AS good as yesterdays because I didn't have milk and it was microwaved instead of cooked on the stove. However, still delicious!
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 cup water
  • dash salt
  • Splenda to taste
  • dash nutmeg
  • half of a sliced banana
I microwave the above ingredients until the oats absorbed all the water (about 1.5 min) and then I added the rest of the banana and the coconut flakes. Oh this stuff smells SO good. I sprinkled some cinnamon on top when I walked back to my office (yes, I keep cinnamon IN my office) to jazz it up a bit more. It was good and filling. OATMEAL IS KING!


For lunch I enjoyed another wrap with a super juicy apple on the side. The wrap I had for lunch yesterday was super delicious. Today's was a bit more bland. I forgot to pack Hummus this morning! Such a SAD tragedy!!! It was still tasty but Hummus would have made it perfect.


For a mini break today I ran to CVS with Ann so she could pick up a few things. I had no intentions of buying anything. So of COURSE, I bought something. I bought this!


I've been complaining about hair color boredom to Ann for a while now. And of course instead of WAITING for someone to color it professionally, WHICH I PROMISED MYSELF I WOULD DO NEXT TIME, I just purchased it myself! So typical.... I've colored my hair more times than I care to admit. I'm addicted! It's been about 5 months since the last time and I'm shocked I managed to wait this long. I told Ann that she would have to help me with it next Saturday after the gym. I've got too much hair to do it myself. I could do it, I just don't want to! HA! THANKS ANN!

My afternoon snack was the very delicious Pomegranate Chobani. Why I do declare, it was incredibly delicious!

Even Calendar Cat wanted some. BAD KITTIE!

I loved the seeds and all the fruit on the bottom.

YUM. This gets a 9.5 out of 10 rating. I would definitely buy it again IF I can find it!

After work it was off to the gym for the usual Monday Cardio Session. It went pretty well. Both the bike and the treadmill are getting a bit easier. Perhaps it's time to up the speeds or the levels? Just not sure yet. Maybe it's too soon? ONLY TIME WILL TELL! I still get out of breath on both but not like I used to. I used to wheeze and cough with my mouth hanging wide open like some sort of a freak. I am not an attractive person when I work out, that's for sure!! HA! It has gotten a LOT better though!

Treadmill
40 minutes - 3.2 speed, 2.11 miles
Crunches with 8lb ball
x20
x20
x20
Crunches (regular)
x20
x20
Crunches with 10lb ball
x20
x20
x20
Bike
10 minutes - level 5 - Random uphill setting, 3.8 miles

We wrapped it up at about 6:30 and I took my happy butt home for some rest and relaxation.

I was greeted by a box from Naturally More. Awe yeah! I love peanut butter. I'll be digging into this lovely jar of joy in no time! Thanks Naturally More!!


I thought it would be a good night to have something spicy for dinner. I decided to make coconut curry chicken and vegetables with arborio rice.

I cooked 1 cup of rice with 2 cups water. While that was simmering away I threw the following into my wok.
  • 1 can lite coconut milk
  • 1 tbs curry
  • 1 tsp cayenne
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • dash nutmeg
  • dash salt
  • 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken cut into bite size pieces
  • 1/4 cup frozen peas
  • 1 cup broccoli florets
  • 1 small can bamboo shoots
  • 1 can baby corn
I cooked all of these together until the chicken was done and the veggies were nice and tender. Somehow I managed to finish the rice and the chicken mixture at the same time. Amazing AND rare!! It all smelled SO GOOD! The arborio rice was amazing. It may be my official second favorite after jasmine rice. It was sweet and tender and moist. The coconut curry was ridiculous. Spicy, aromatic and bursting with flavor. I poured the sweet, jam packed and juicy mixture over the rice and devoured it. Seriously, it was so good!


And with that, I wish you all a lovely night. Enjoy what's left of it. :)

1 comment:

sam said...

I was looking for the pomegranate chobani today and I could not find it!!! I will have to try that and the pineapple, I want to taste yogurt that brings me to tears. lol

Also where do you get all those awesome food samples like naturally more and pom? I am totally jealous!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com