Wednesday, November 4, 2009

WHITE DEATH!

Oh the weather outside is frightful! Oh yeah it is! Well no, not really, but it was snowing this morning. MOTHER NATURE I DESPISE YOU! I'm not ready for white death yet!

(Hey, I was born in 77, do you think this could mean something? HA!)

I don't think it snowed up until right before Christmas last year. I was sort of hoping for the same this year. One can only dream I suppose. Now don't get me wrong, I don't hate snow, I hate driving in it! I don't mind the pretty snow. The magical kind that only falls on trees and grass etc... and doesn't stick to the roads. This is what I fear!!!! DA DA DAAAAAAA!

(I wouldn't leave the house I tell you. I may make it as far as the driveway, but that's about it!!!!)

Okay, enough about that! The snow already stopped so I'll have more time to panic about this and document it like an idiot in my Blog for you lovely people later in the year. Trust me, it's unavoidable!

For breakfast I feasted on something a bit different this morning. I had the usual cup of coffee, but of course.


And I also enjoyed 2 slices of whole wheat bread, toasted, and slathered with Trader Joe's Cranberry Apple Butter and a cup of cinnamon sprinkled applesauce. It was delicious!


Then it was back to a bit more work.
(some savage chicken cartoons for your amusement, I love these guys!)


For lunch I enjoyed a wrap again just like yesterday. This time I used leftover sweet butter lettuce in place of spinach and of course, I added some roast beef. I had it with a lovely honey crisp apple on the side. I love these apples! SO GOOD! Crunchy, sweet and juicy!


For a break away from the office today Ann and I visited the always exciting TJ Maxx. I love this store! We roamed the isles looking for Christmas presents or ideas. As you all know, the PLAN is to be done by the end of the month with EVERYONE! Can I do it? I doubt it! HA! I say that every year and it has yet to become a reality. While there I managed to buy absolutely nothing. I bet you're all SHOCKED, right? SIGH! I'm so picky!!!


For an afternoon snack I had a Blueberry Acai Detour bar. It was pretty darn good. It made the pile of work below it a tad bit less disturbing.


After a few more hours of work, it was time to call it a day and head to the gym. The workout was good today, however I was feeling a bit weak. I "may" be coming down with something but I'm not quite sure yet. It usually starts with my throat (tonsils) and EXPLODES from there. The throat feels a bit sore! UH OH! Here's what we did today.

Bike Warmup
5 min. - Random uphill, level 5 - 1.8 miles
Plate Loaded Advanced Chest Press
Weight of machine x 25
+10lb x 22
+20lb x 15
+30lb x 12
Plate Loaded Advanced Incline Chest Press
20lb x 18
30lb x 15
40lb x 8
Cable Triceps Pushdown
20lb x 25
30lb x 15
30lb x 15
Seated Chest Press
20lb x 25
30lb x 18
40lb x 15
Ab Machine
70lb x 20
80lb x 20
90lb x 15
Plate Loaded Triceps Extension
10lb x 15
20lb x 15
25lb x 12

After the gym I hustled home. I was sweaty and freezing, which can't be good IF I am actually on the verge of being sick! I quickly made some tea and relaxed for a bit. Nick was at a friends house hanging out so I had the house to myself. He would be eating dinner there as usual so I think this means PANCAKES for dinner. YEAH!
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1 banana, sliced
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tsp maple extract
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 3-4 tbs of water till it reaches desired consistency


Blend in blender and set aside.


For the topping I decided to cook up a fruit concoction. WHY NOT? I had the time!
  • 3 frozen strawberries, thawed in the microwave
  • 4-5 frozen peach slices, thawed in the microwave
  • 10 grams of dried cranberries
  • 10 grams of dried cherries
  • 2 tbs of orange juice
  • splenda to taste
  • 1 tbs corn starch
I added all of these ingredients into a saucepan and turned the heat on low-medium. It will probably need to simmer for about 5-10 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.


While the fruit was simmering away, I heated up my frying pan, sprayed it with Pam and poured myself 3 perfectly portioned pancakes. They only need a few minutes on each side.


I stacked them on my plate and poured the delicious and steamy hot fruit on top. It smelled incredible!


OMG, you have no idea. It was AH-MAY-ZING! I also enjoyed a cup of healthy cocoa on the side. Made with vanilla Almond Breeze, Trader Joe's cocoa mix, cinnamon and cayenne. YUM!


Now it's time to curl up on the couch with a blanket and catch up on my beloved So You Think You Can Dance before Nick gets home. I BETTER HURRY!

Goodnight!

1 comment:

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

I love that Cranberry Apple Butter from Trader Joe's! So good!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com