Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The tackler tackles pop!

Well, it's already Wednesday. I LOVE IT! Midway through the week already and that much closer to the finish line. I have another jam packed weekend in my near future and I'm looking very forward to it. My plans will involve raking leaves (not fun), visiting the parents, coloring my hair, working out, garage cleaning/reorganizing, tool shelf building/tool organizing, getting session 2 of 3 of my tattoo done, cooking (of course) and maybe some Christmas shopping if I have the time. WHEW!


Last week when we organized the kitchen and gently LET GO of some older things, it felt so liberating. I would love to tackle something like that every week until we're all out of things to tackle. Which will probably never happen! My older house is a TACKLER ADDICTS DREAM COME TRUE! There's always something to do, to clean, to fix, to organize, to remodel, to build, to tear down. HA! I think the garage is a good project to work on next. Before it gets too cold out!!! I LOVE CLEANING!


And soon, HOPEFULLY, I will regain enough steam to finish that dang craft room! I need to just suck it up and rent a wallpaper steamer! That triple layer stuck on insanity is permanently attached to the walls, I swear it. It will NOT budge! Le-Sigh!

Now on to the food.... Breakfast was tasty. A slight twist on my paradise oats. I added a packet of chocolate super food from Amazing Grass.

  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1 cup water
  • pinch salt
  • dash nutmeg
  • dash cinnamon
  • Splenda to taste
  • 1 large banana, sliced
  • 2 tbs coconut flakes
  • 1 packet chocolate super food (from Amazing Grass)


Yep, it was good! The powder made it sort of creamier and thicker. I also enjoyed the coconut and chocolate flavor combo. Very good!

I like how the smaller packets are JUST the right size for something such as this. It was the perfect combo to have with my oatmeal. It added an extra PUNCH of goodness and tasted great all at the same time! Another 9.5 out of 10 for this little packet of goodness!


For lunch I decided to have another salad. The one I devoured in 1 minute flat yesterday was so tasty, I decided to have another.
  • sweet butter lettuce
  • yellow bell pepper
  • chick peas
  • black beans
  • tomato
  • red pepper flakes
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • feta cheese
  • spray butter (in place of dressing)


I had the change to actually take my time and enjoy the salad today. I was all sorts of "running around crazy lady" yesterday. Ahhhh, I love salads so much!

For our break today Ann and I ventured to Target. We were both looking for light bulbs but forgot what wattage and exact size we needed (my memory is the worst) so we skipped on them. Of COURSE I purchased something. Come on now! I can't go to Target and not buy something!! I bet they spray the air in there with "BUY SOMETHING MAGIC DUST"...... I purchased a new (and HEAVIER) cat bowl set for crazy Oliver. He always slides his water bowl around in the kitchen and I HATE IT! I've kicked it over several times and stepped in it. It's like a game with him that I just don't get! He may as well be a dog. He's a squishy, blubbery, big, blob of crazy! I LOVE HIM SO MUCH! HA!

OLIVER THE GREAT!!!! THE MAGNIFICENT!!!!!

For my afternoon snack I decided to have an apple with my second sample pack from FitNutz. The crunchy version. I eyeballed about 2 tbs of water and stirred it in a cup for about a minute and ended up with about 2 tablespoons of "peanut butter" sauce (I just a bit too much water) for 60 calories. I sliced up my apple and sprinkled it with cinnamon. Then I started dipping, and dipping, and dipping and DIPPING! It was incredibly tasty! I hardly ever allow myself peanut butter because of the high calorie, high fat ratio. It's almost a hassle to try and squeeze/allow even one tablespoon in. So in other words. I was in heaven! :)


After work we partook in the insanity that resides on the highways around here during rush our. It's always fun! Like a SMOOTH BLAST of rude behavior, stunt driving and cunning Jedi tricks. We deal with it every day and it never gets any better. Eventually though, we made it out of the jungle and arrived at the gym for CHEST AND TRICEPS DAY! YEAH! My fave!!

Treadmill warmup
10 minutes, 3.2 speed, .52 miles
Behind Neck shoulder push machine
20lb x 20
30lb x 15
Inclined Chest Press
weight of machine x 20
+10lb x 15
+20lb x 12
Plate Loaded Advanced Chest Press
10lb x 15
15lb x 15
20lb x 10
Seated Chest Press
20lb x 20
30lb x 18
40lb x 13.5
50lb x 9
Cable Triceps pushdown
40lb x 25
50lb x 15
60lb x 8
40lb x 15
Triceps Extension
10lb x 20
12.5lb x 15
15lb x 15
Triceps Extension machine
10lb x 15
20lb x 12

After our workout I arrived home and could NOT believe it. I had two more boxes waiting for me. WOW! The first was a lovely box from Zevia. They sent a lovely box of pop for me to sample. I've heard good things and I can't wait. I'll probably have one with my lunch tomorrow and will give you my thoughts then.


The second box was from Soda Stream. AMAZING. They sent me a soda making machine, 9 different soda syrup flavors to play around with and three small bottles of water flavor drops.


Get this, each bottle of soda syrup makes 12 liters of pop. INSANE RIGHT? Oh now this is just ridiculous. Ridiculously exciting that is! Nick and I immediately dove in, put the pieces together (EASY as heck) and had a bottle of pop made in less then 5 minutes. The machine is very user friendly. AND the pop was delicious! We tried the orange flavor. Which gets a 10 out of 10 in my book. I love orange pop and this did not disappoint! It was nice and fizzy and perfect! You can add as much carbonation as you like. Less if you like flat pop or more if you want a bubble explosion! I made mine very fizzy! YUM!!!


The easy of the machine also gets a 10 out of 10!! Oh this just made my day!

While I was sipping on my tasty orange pop, I tried to figure out what to have for dinner. Nick was having the rest of the leftovers of my Mamas' Chicken Paprikash so I only had to worry about myself. Usually this would mean something NOT-Nick-Approved like healthy pancakes. However, I had so many other things in the house that needed eaten before they went bad. Green beans, brussel sprouts, yellow squash, collard greens, salad, fruits..... AHHHHHH!

After MUCH deliberation I decided too cook the greens. I sauteed a chopped onion and some garlic in a large covered pot with Pam, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and cayenne. I then folded in the greens and cooked them on low heat for about 20 minutes. While they were cooking, I heated up a mushroom lovers veggie burger. I had it on an english muffin with a slice of fat free american cheese and tomato. I plated up and tossed some salted soy nuts on top of the greens. I sat down all excited about my dinner and took a big bite of the greens. Interesting, but not bad..... So I took a second bite, which was much harder to chew then the first. By the third bite I decided that I've had enough. It wasn't good!! It tasted like wet grass and the texture was BAD. UGH! Cook and learn I guess.......


I ate my lonely little veggie burger and was left still feeling hungry. I decided to make a cup of healthy "cocoa" with a packet of chocolate green super food from Amazing Grass. I made it with a cup of vanilla almond breeze. Not bad. It was a bit "grassy". It's good in oatmeal and delicious in shakes but I'm not so sure that I would have it again as "hot cocoa". So far dinner has been a complete FAIL this evening. HA!


I redeemed myself by having the peanut butter and jelly flavored Larabar. It was delicious! I love these moist little bars. They are dense, full of flavor and very filing. It actually tasted like PB&J. YUM! This gets a 9 out of 10 and the honorary title of DINNER SAVIOUR! Which I washed down with some delicious orange pop by the way. HA!


Well, that's it kids. That's all I've got... Have a goodnight! :)

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com