Friday, November 20, 2009

Positives vs Negatives

Well....this morning sucked! I'm down only a half a pound! Nowhere near what I was hoping for. So lets discuss the positives and the negatives shall we? Let's look DEEP inside my fragile mind and unstable self to sort out perhaps what the hot heck is going on here!


It bumed me out and I was in a mad rage all the way to work. Ann can atest to this. I called her and vented during my entire ride in. Might I add, we work together. NO MATTER. I couldn't wait until I got to work!

Positives...
  • Physically, I feel great.
  • I enjoy working out, most of the time. :)
  • I've lost an official 25.6 lb in 110 days. (AWESOME)
  • I enjoy the healthy foods I eat.
  • My clothes are starting to fit better! (Fanny pack is almost gone. NO LIE!)
  • I have more energy!
  • I'm much more active!
  • My mood overall has gotten much more positive. (Remember, eat good to feel good!)
Negatives...
  • I obsess about everything I eat. (I weigh everything. Is that creepy?)
  • I NEVER allow myself cheat meals or splurges.
  • I can't enjoy a beer or a glass of wine without serious guilt. (No matter what I say about it in my blog.)
  • I stress out when I don't lose weight.
  • I then read over my food and workout journal to see what I did wrong (or different), even though I know I did nothing wrong!!
  • Half of the clothes in my closet still don't fit. (I've lost weight before and hung on to all of my "small" clothes. Refusing to let the past go was a BAD plan!)
  • I'm freaking OUT about Thanksgiving and will probably not fully enjoy myself now because of no loss.
  • Blah Blah Blah......
Oh I could just go on and on. I shant bore you though. Apologies! This was just a rough morning. I was convinced that I had lost weight. For some reason my dormant psychic powers tend to be spot on about weight loss. Not this time! Because I'm incapable of not doing something about it, I plan to perhaps revamp the workout schedule a bit. If I don't do something, it will drive me mad. MAD I TELL YOU!


Enough self wallowing. Let's move on to breakfast. Which might I add, was a complete and total FAIL! My lovely morning continues I guess.

Here's what I was working with.

  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 cup water
  • dash cinnamon
  • 1 sugar free peach fruit cup
  • 2 tbs fat free apricot preserves
  • 1 pack Greens Plus orange greensickle superfood
As I was prepping it, it tasted good. Great in fact! The last thing I added to the mix was the packet of Greens Plus Orange Greensickle. Uhm.... It immediately tasted weird. So weird in fact that I was forced to toss the whole bowl out. Now you KNOW I never throw food out! There was no way I was going to eat that though!! I'm sure the Orange mix would have tasted great in lets say a smoothie. However, in HOT oatmeal it just tasted like HOT ORANGE INFUSED GRASSY MUSH! No thanks! I couldn't get over the weird mix of aromas either. Oh this made me SO sad! It looked pretty though. HA!


Thank goodness I had a backup Kashi cherry dark chocolate granola bar in my drawer. WHEW! Breakfast disaster averted! Kashi, you old dog you. LOVE YA!


Lunch went a tad bit more smoothly. I made a quick veggie sandwich with the following.
  • 2 slices pumpernickel bread
  • 2 servings of garlic hummus
  • green bell pepper slices
  • English cucumber slices
  • Roma tomato slices


YUM! I can't get enough of veggie sandwiches lately! I must admit, I don't think it would be very difficult for me to convert to a vegetarian lifestyle. I do love me some CHICKEN and TURKEY though!! Not sure about this. I'll have to ponder it over! :)

I also shared a can of orange flavored Zevia with Ann. I really like this one. I think it might be my favorite. Not too sweet with a great orange flavor. YUM! :)


For a super duper MINI 20 minute break away from the office today I did two VERY exciting things. I got gas and I picked up a few ingredients needed for dinner tonight. WHOAH, hold back the applause please!


Then it was immediately back to work. It was a very busy day in the office today. For my afternoon snack I decided to try a Banana Nut VitaTop courtesy of the lovely folks over at VitaLicious. I love this Company! All of the products are so dang delicious! And they're only 100 calories, include 15 vitamins and minerals and are packed with fiber! As usual, I brought in two so I could share with Ann and get her thoughts on it as well.


Ann gave it a 7 out of 10. She thought it was a bit dry and the banana flavor could have been stronger. She liked the chocolate ones much better.

I agree with Ann on this one. It gets a solid 7. Though a bit dry, I liked the overall flavor. The chocolate varieties that I've tried thus far were more dense and had a richer texture, which I prefer. This wasn't bad though! Trust me, I've yet to try a bad one!

After work I decided to JUST GO HOME for once. I can't remember the last time I did this. It's either off to the gym Monday-Thursday or off to the grocery store on Friday. Oh it felt SO nice!! However, let me share with you my LAME reason for doing this. The ad for my grocery store runs from Sat.-Sat. and last weeks ad wasn't a very good one! I always come home to the new ad in the mail on Fridays, which isn't available in stores or online until Saturday. I wanted to check it out BEFORE I decided if I should just get shopping over with tonight or hold off until tomorrow. I was hoping for some good Thanksgiving sales. LAME right? Oh my incredibly exciting life just blows my mind sometimes!!

I was right though. The ad for tomorrow was better. YEAH! So I immediately made a nice cup of peppermint coffee and read this to unwind. It was SO nice not having anything to do for about an hour or so. I took FULL advantage!


I also came home to these lovely coupons from the very nice folks at Food Should Taste Good. I plan to use them tomorrow and buy a few bags to try. I've heard good things. I can't wait to sample them. I hope my grocery store carries the brand!


For dinner it was.... twas.... come on guess......

TACO SALAD TIME! DUH!

But first, Nick and I decided to make a quick bottle of SodaStream pop. We decided to try the cranberry-raspberry flavored syrup this time.


1, 2, 3 DONE in seconds. I freakin LOVE this thing! The pop was fizzy, tasty and not too sweet, which is good. Very good! 8 out of 10. I like the orange flavored syrup better though. I'm an orange pop kind of Gal!


Now on to dinner. Here the usual recipe.
  • 110 grams (2 servings) Morning Star Farms grounds
  • 1/4 cup black beans
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • 1/4 of the taco seasoning packet
  • splalsh of water to keep it all moist
I cooked this for maybe 10 minutes to blend the flavors and then tossed it on top of some chopped romaine, diced tomatoes, one serving of fat free shredded american cheese and 1/2 an avocado. Then topped it all with some sour cream and red pepper flakes. Yep, still good and I still enjoy having this every Friday for dinner.


OH, AND GUESS WHAT? The X'box 360 is back today. G-L-O-R-I-O-U-S!!! We're immediately going to celebrate by watching numerous episodes of my BELOVED Gregory. As in House M.D. OH I'VE MISSED HIM SO! Sexy, scruffy little thing!

Have a great Friday night everyone! Tomorrow is another day and I hope to wake up less moody and more ready to tackle the challenges of another week towards my weight loss goals! :)

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com